Pink Dragonfly = Happy Wife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Pink Dragonfly = Happy Wife

Post by Doc Dan »

I just got the pink Dragonfly with black blade I ordered for my wife. It is very nice. The grinds are even, blade centering perfect, and there is not blade play. Thank you Amy at knifeworks.com for checking it out for me before shipping.

My wife now has three Dragonflies. She was one of a million others who wanted Spyderco to make this knife. Spyderco listens.

The knife is better looking than my crappy iPad camera shows. It looks so good I’m tempted to get one for myself (but K390 first).

Great job Spyderco.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Salty Dog

Re: Pink Dragonfly = Happy Wife

Post by Salty Dog »

Nice one bro, its a cool little knife, great gift. Black and pink look great together.
Ive put my H1 serrated dragonfly on a keyring, its on the bigger side for a keychain knife but it works fine.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Very nice. I got mine the pink s30v with the satin finish. It was her first Spyderco and now she keeps asking me to get her the Pochi. :rolleyes:
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Ric

Post by Ric »

The pink is soooo nice in reality.
Saw a delica in a shop on the weekend.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

This is a really good shade of pink and since it is a Dragonfly, the combination is hard to beat. I am really surprised that after all of the bugging of Spyderco to get a pink DF back into production that there is not more chatter about this knife now that it has been released.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

It's on my list of knives to pick up for sure, especially now that I have a cruwear sibling in OD green...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

It really is good looking. The steel is great, too.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

A pink Dragonfly with a satin VG-10 blade was the first Spyderco I ever gifted - ever since, a Dragonfly has been my favorite gifting knife. It's big enough to be useful, while small enough to be convenient, even for non knife people. More recently, I blade-swapped a G-10 Dragonfly and a K390 Dragonfly - I kept the G-10, she got the teal (her favorite color) VG-10. I call that a win-win!

That pink is a great color - I hope your wife enjoys it, Doc!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've ignored this model for 15 years since I tried an OG dragonfly with molded clip and found the ergos do not work for me.

However, I find myself in the market for a pink scaled satin blade dragonfly for a birthday present. Are they still around?
:unicorn
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes. It is regular production. It is in stock at knifeworks.com right now, and other places.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
vivi

Post by vivi »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:50 am
Yes. It is regular production. It is in stock at knifeworks.com right now, and other places.
Thanks. I'll go a head and order one to save for when the time is right :)
:unicorn
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

No problem. Who knows, you might even like it enough to get one yourself. Even with my large hands I can use a Dragonfly. These things are the epitome, the pinnacle, of ergonomic genius.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050