What Will Be The First Magnacut Model?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kennethsime

What Will Be The First Magnacut Model?

Post by kennethsime »

While some folks were disappointed that there weren't many new models announced at Blade (with most vendors, not just Spyderco), one thing seemed clear: everyone is psyched on Magnacut. CRK had 10 Sebbies with it, Andrew Demko had a new shark lock AD10 with it, and a few custom makers had fixed blades with it.

So, what will be the first Spyderco to be offered with a Magnacut blade? I hope something from Golden, and if I really had my druthers, it'd come with Micarta scales:
  • Mule Team
  • Military
  • Para Military 2
  • Native Chief
  • Shaman
  • Proficient
What do you want to see?
Last edited by kennethsime on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Freediver

Re: What Will Be The First Magnacut Model?

Post by Freediver »

I’m hoping for a military.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

A PE Hawkbill Dragonfly
🤣
I can dream.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Hopefully a Military.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see a Ti Framelock Military with a single Green or Natural Canvas Micarta show-side scale. My wallet may not like it, though...
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

Pretty sure it's gonna be one of the bestsellers, most likely the PM2.

I'd like to see the Astute in MagnaCut :rolleyes:
notorious fidgeteer
Matus

Post by Matus »

I conssider Mule to be given, but that somehow does not count :D After that it will be probably only a sprint run as I somehow suspect (next batch should be available in August) that at current stage the supply may be still short for a regular production, plus Spyderco certainly needs to do their testing and that takes a while. So once we talk about sprint runs the next question is how 'sure' is Spyderco about the steel and their processing of it - it may come in their current star Shaman, or it may come in something like Native 5. I actually expect something along the lines of Native 5 and would expect sprint runs in their flagship models (Shaman, PM2, etc.) later once they get little details better under control.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
kobold

Post by kobold »

1. Military
2. Native Chief
3. Native
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
archangel

Post by archangel »

The mule might come first. PM2 & P3 might be the first folders.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Matus wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 pm
I conssider Mule to be given, but that somehow does not count :D After that it will be probably only a sprint run as I somehow suspect (next batch should be available in August) that at current stage the supply may be still short for a regular production, plus Spyderco certainly needs to do their testing and that takes a while. So once we talk about sprint runs the next question is how 'sure' is Spyderco about the steel and their processing of it - it may come in their current star Shaman, or it may come in something like Native 5. I actually expect something along the lines of Native 5 and would expect sprint runs in their flagship models (Shaman, PM2, etc.) later once they get little details better under control.

Good points made. I think it will be either a Native 5 or a Para 3. I think a mule is a given, but don't know the timing of the mules.
So it goes.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I hope it’s a back lock or something fully ambidextrous and regular production.

In the past I might have hoped for a mule, but it seems like they all sell out stoopid fast now.
:spyder:
DansGearAddiction

Post by DansGearAddiction »

Mule Team ;)

In terms of a production folder though, Native or a Shaman would be my preferred choices -- it probably depends on which factory in equipped to handle it (Golden would be my guess though). I think the Manix would make a good fit too.
Current Collection
Chaparral (LW, Stepped, Stealth, Sun & Moon), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

First non-mule will be a US model, and one that is super popular. So, special edition PM2 and/or P3.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ric

Post by Ric »

Para 3, Native 5, Mule.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Probably a Native 5 or Para 3, something I'm not interested in. Bit pessimistic of me but those two get all the attention.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Matus

Post by Matus »

If I could have a wish, then I would say ... Schempp Bowie :p
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

I hope it will be the military family. The Millie, PM2, and Para 3 would be great.

Personally I can’t wait til the para 3 gets magnacut. It might finally replace my maxamet para 3 as my most carried knife.

The only question is what type of handle material and color would they choose? They have already done almost every possible color of G10.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

the way things seem to be going around here, after a mule, it will probably be the shaman. everyone seems to love the shaman except me. i'll take a g10 manix please. :)
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’d like a G10 Native Chief in Magnacut.

Jim
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

I would like to see pm2 as the first