What is wrong with Spyderco customer service?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: What is wrong with Spyderco customer service?

Post by SG89 »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:40 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:33 pm
This forum for a lot of us is a happy little corner of the internet and when someone posts an inflammatory thread title we all turn protective. I hope you are able to get your knife and that you stay on the forum and see that this is a rather nice place to be. I understand that you are not able to call and 3 unanswered emails is pretty frustrating.
Thanks for the constructive comment. I have been following the forum (not very frequently I must admit, hence my lack of understanding the forum dynamics) for quite long time as a guest and last two years as a member, and I think this is a very good form in terms of providing loads of informative posts regarding Spyderco products and steel related questions. So, I am not planning to leave just yet :)
I'm glad to hear you plan on staying. This forum is also a very forgiving place. Lots of people have gotten into arguments (me especially) and then later turned into forum friends.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Murat, I agree. Stick around. This is a good group with a common interest.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Murat,

I'm sorry for your frustration and I hope you get your knife. If not, please contact us and we can try to chase it down for you.

Without pointing fingers, I have learned that people only get upset when they don't get what they expect. We'll get it sorted one way or another. I hope you can hang around here, in time you will find this forum is a place where anger and frustration is usually softened.

sal
Oloung1

Post by Oloung1 »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Lastly, I felt upset because as a loyal customer I have felt ignored. Not the first time but the second time in a row! And yes, I thought I deserved a response whether fast or a slow one. I still did not get a response from Spyderco and I do not think I will get any time in the future. My intention for creating this thread was to bring this up, as I do not think this an appropriate attitude for a high-calibre company like Spyderco. I said this out loud because I care for Spyderco, I like their product and I want to continue to buy. I could simply walk away and not bother with Spyderco anymore. But I realise now that many of you are happy with how things are. For me, I simply do not want to call, because my line does not allow that (the apps that I have checked for the international call are not free) and most importantly I got anxious while I talk and can not express myself clearly (I stutter) since English is not my main language. So, I much prefer communicating by writing.
I understand this fully and can relate, not completely but at least halfway. I have had instances with other companies that I requested delayed shipment for as I would be out of town. The delayed shipment request as after sale but prior to shipping confirmation. Even after both shipments were confirmed held, both shipments were sent out (again-nothing to do with Spyderco but two different companies with two different carriers).

As a non-native English speaker myself, I think you would be surprised at how patient people can be over the phone. If you get the chance to use the telephone app, don't short change yourself on the phone. Also, there are plenty people Stateside, that do not speak clearly on the phone, even ones who were born and raised here :D Nothing wrong with that either!
Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

Thanks for the supportive comments.

@Sal, thanks for stepping in, I will let you know if I can not sort it out. I will stay around and next time I will use a softer tone regardless how upset I am.

Thanks.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:11 pm
I am really amazed at how I garbled myself and got so many harsh responses as a result of this.

So, I will try to explain why I was agitated so much that I need the urge to create this thread.

A very fair answer (the thread would have gone a bit differently had you started with such a detailed disclosure). Yes, one should get an answer to an email, even if delayed (and/or kept short).

EDIT: I missed the last few posts somehow. Seems like there will be a solution on the horizon. That is a good news.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I don't know if the OP is overseas U.S. military, but every time I moved due to meeting the needs of the military, I'd go to the Postal Service Center on base, fill out a U.S. Postal Service Change of Address Form, and everything arriving at that Postal Service Center after I left would be forwarded to my new address. And, if you have a good sponsor at your receiving base, he/she would've already set up a temporary mail box at the base post office you were moving to in order to receive mail until you found a permanent residence. Yes, there's going to be a delay in receiving the package, but it will arrive eventually.

If the OP is not overseas U.S. military, does the OP's local postal service have a change of address form in order to fill out and have mail/packages forwarded to a new address?

Anyway, looks like Sal has provided a backup plan for a worst case scenario, so all should be fine.

Hope that helps.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
vivi

Post by vivi »

I live in the US and I've been trying to get a Police 4 pivot screw & clip since the seconds sale. Called and emailed.
:unicorn
James Y

Post by James Y »

TBH, I requested a paper catalog this year, and was pleasantly surprised when it actually arrived. I hadn’t received a paper catalog for the past several years, nearly a decade, in fact, even though I’d been requesting one every year.

Jim
Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

@Water Bug, thanks for the suggetion. I am not military personnel, but I will do what you suggested with my local post office.

I am tracking the parcel. It is with USPS. Hopefully, it will be shown which local post service it will be delivered before coming here, so I can go and ask them to direct it to my new address or keep it for me, so I can go and collect it myself.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 am
@Water Bug, thanks for the suggetion. I am not military personnel, but I will do what you suggested with my local post office.

I am tracking the parcel. It is with USPS. Hopefully, it will be shown which local post service it will be delivered before coming here, so I can go and ask them to direct it to my new address or keep it for me, so I can go and collect it myself.

You're welcome!

You may want to ask your mail delivery person which post office services your mailbox as well as ask him/her if that particular post office is the one that receives both regular mail and packages that are delivered to your mailbox... that way you'll know the correct post office to go to. I believe you can also ask that mail delivery person for a change of address form for your serving post office, fill it out, and give it to him/her the next day or put it in the mail.

Hope that helps.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

I have received my mule today! So happy!

I used the tracking service to see which local post office got it, then I had to make a few e-mail and phone exchanges. But it finally arrived today.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Good news, thanks for updating us.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Hopsbreath

Shoutout to Spyderco customer service!

Post by Hopsbreath »

Contacted them with a request for a new pivot screw for a Ladybug and got one in about a week! Put a drop of blue locktite on this one so as not to post it. Thanks guys!