SMKW Spyderco Exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

SMKW Spyderco Exclusive?

Post by Sharp Guy »

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. Any guesses what it is?

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Snacktime

Re: SMKW Spyderco Exclusive?

Post by Snacktime »

Blue handle, white blade pm2
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Valyrian Damascus Darn Dao with Dragon Glass scales was what I heard...hopefully the scales are able to hold up.

Just passed along through the grapevine though, so take it with a grain of salt.
So it goes.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

It was briefly mentioned in the Blade Show 2021 thread.

Just to make a guess, I think it will be something with white G10! Originally I thought it might be something with blue anodized titanium scales but I figured knifejoy has that covered for now.

Eric gives us a quick teaser in the beginning of this video from SMKW.

https://youtu.be/clq_INuFIF4&t=1s
-Nick :bug-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Winter is Coming in Summer 2021! :D
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Matus

Post by Matus »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:16 pm
Winter is Coming in Summer 2021! :D
Maybe that was a reference to timing :D
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I'm guessing Valyrian Damascus bladed Dragonfly 2 with Artic Frost blue FatCarbon scales.
•• Beau
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Oof, game of thrones references in 2021…

Still, excited to see this! Maybe a new PVD color?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I wonder if it could be this?
Attachments
20210609_054542.png
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
archangel

Post by archangel »

Pleeeeeease let us all have a nice deacent LONG summer first...... :eek:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
PStone

Post by PStone »

My Game of Thrones reference guess:

A White Walker.

C22 Walker Klotzli with silver twill carbon fiber.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

White G10 is a terrible idea if that's what their coming up with. White in other kinds of materials may work, but that's a dangerous color to have if it's going to actually be used.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 am
White G10 is a terrible idea if that's what their coming up with. White in other kinds of materials may work, but that's a dangerous color to have if it's going to actually be used.

It'll appeal to the dye crowd, and someday will be one of those secondary market unicorns because so many will get dyed, and because finding one that's clean bright white that hasn't been used will be rare.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:25 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 am

It'll appeal to the dye crowd, and someday will be one of those secondary market unicorns because so many will get dyed, and because finding one that's clean bright white that hasn't been used will be rare.
Good point David. Though I wonder with it being an exclusive, a lot of people are afraid to even adjust a pivot screw or change a pocket clip, let alone actually take the knife apart and dye the scales. But yes, I could definitely see anything kept pristine white being a flippers dream over time.

I only mention that about the white scales because my buddy at work has that white BM Bugout and the scales look terrible after he carried it for around a month or so. Granted he gets into some nasty stuff here at work that the average person doesn't encounter, but it's definitely not an appealing knife these days.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The white Seki knives are worth a fortune now.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Airlsee wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:27 pm
Valyrian Damascus Darn Dao with Dragon Glass scales was what I heard...hopefully the scales are able to hold up.

Just passed along through the grapevine though, so take it with a grain of salt.
The Darn Dao was a flash batch. I thought that meant one and done.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:57 am
The white Seki knives are worth a fortune now.

Yeah, this is what I am hoping it is. A White FRN Endela/Endura would be sweet. White FRN with TiCN blades/hardware would also be super cool.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:58 am
Airlsee wrote:

One and done in that particular run. There's always a possibility of another flash batch. They will never be made again with polished G10 and 154Cm. But I still dream of a magnacut/micarta dao. It used to be 3V/4V but with magnacut around now I'll go with that.
From the dao description on spyderco website.

Flash Batch, however, showcases a brand new design that has not been previously produced and will never be duplicated in the exact same form again.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:47 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Airlsee wrote:

One and done in that particular run. There's always a possibility of another flash batch. They will never be made again with polished G10 and 154Cm. But I still dream of a magnacut/micarta dao. It used to be 3V/4V but with magnacut around now I'll go with that.

Flash Batch, however, showcases a brand new design that has not been previously produced and will never be duplicated in the exact same form again.
I understand that to mean that a Flash Batch can only ever be done once, in any configuration. If a Flash Batch model is repeated it is no longer a "brand new design" it would just be a sprint run of a flash batch, which in my opinion, would defeat the purpose of the Flash Batch concept in general.
-Nick :bug-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:58 am
VashHash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:47 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Airlsee wrote:

I understand that to mean that a Flash Batch can only ever be done once, in any configuration. If a Flash Batch model is repeated it is no longer a "brand new design" it would just be a sprint run of a flash batch, which in my opinion, would defeat the purpose of the Flash Batch concept in general.
I have to agree with Mushroom on this one.

I was under the impression that a Flash Batch was a new model that would never be produced again.

Even in a different configuration, it's still the same model. That goes against what the Flash Batch was, by my understanding. I could be wrong.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson