2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MoiraMomo

Re: 2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Post by MoiraMomo »

Model: Squeak Pink

My husband gave me this knife, and at first I was not very happy, I with a knife!
But then you take it, you realize that it is perfect for your hand, that opening and closing the blade is something that can take hours, pure vice, and that peeling or pitting any fruit is fun and sexy!
I love!
Attachments
419E14C4-8D85-459D-AACF-B81D0FFC3B2D.jpeg
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I’m not sure if any closed knife shots ever make the cut (no pun intended), but I wanted to highlight the handle here. The handle is our only interface with the knife. The Swayback has come to be my favorite garden knife the way it hangs in your hand effortlessly, allowing use of both hands between cuts. I liked the color here, and I bet most folks have never seen an okra blossom!

Thanks for putting this contest on each year. :bug-red-white

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

:bug-red-white :bug-white-red There's some really great pics again this year!!!! :bug-white-red :bug-red
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Rinkhals

Post by Rinkhals »

Hey everyone,

I have been a long time lurker on these forums but I couldn't miss the opportunity to get involved in this. Here is my entry of the Spyderco Pacific 2. Definitely love this knife!
GHP_Spyderco_forum.jpg
Good luck everyone!
griff443

Post by griff443 »

Model: Mantra 2 Ti

I am sticking with my Mantra 2 for my submission again this year as I am basically never without it. Besides being one of the most handsome folders I own, it is light, strong, and keeps a phenomenal edge. I especially love the full flat grind and the M4 steel. Even at the beach it makes quick work of anything that comes its way.

Good luck everybody! Great submissions this year.

gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Model: Pochi

One of my sources of amusement during the pandemic this past year was to put googly eyes on random things. As it turns out, the Spydie hole is the perfect medium for some googly-eyed fun, so I put one in my Amalgam. When the Pochi was released, I knew I had to get one and grow my googly-eyed family. I think it brings even more character to an already unique knife. I hope this brings as much fun and enjoyment to you as it did to me! :zany
PXL_20210316_220652551.PORTRAIT-SpydercoCalendar2021forum.jpg
Great pictures everybody. This is going to be another great calendar!
Hullk

Post by Hullk »

Here is my Native 5 in S110V. My first Spyderco that I ever purchased. I keep it with me on hikes in the mountains and great outdoors.
Attachments
GJH_9943_forum_size.jpg
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Model: Endura Damascus Jigged Bone Sprint Run
SKU: C10JBO

The Endura is a Spyderco icon by now; loved by most (if not all) Spydie nuts and known to be quite the workhorse.
Seeing it in it's fancy dress suit brings a smile to my face every time I pick it up and even those unfamiliar with our collective hobby seem to praise it despite it's rather large footprint.
It's a popular models without doubt, but the damascus renditions seem to go a bit unnoticed in the general scheme of things.
That's why my entry for this year proudly features it in my favorite seasonal palette!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
zemogKA

Post by zemogKA »

Model: Dragonfly 1 & 2

This is my collection of 31 different Dragonflies. I fell in love with the model years ago. I really feel like it is enough knife for most of my daily use and the trivial weight is a huge plus. Aesthetically I love the sharp angles and swedge on these little guys. So one day after I had about 5 already, I decided to try to own each and every variation. The hunt over the years has been a lot of fun and I'm about 10 away now from owning them all. Looking forward to an LC200N some day to be my ultimate EDC Dragonfly!

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

Howzit,

This was taken at Chester Lake, Kananaskis in Canada this summer.
Attachments
DBH_0078_forum.jpg
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

zemogKA wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm
Model: Dragonfly 1 & 2

This is my collection of 31 different Dragonflies. I fell in love with the model years ago. I really feel like it is enough knife for most of my daily use and the trivial weight is a huge plus. Aesthetically I love the sharp angles and swedge on these little guys. So one day after I had about 5 already, I decided to try to own each and every variation. The hunt over the years has been a lot of fun and I'm about 10 away now from owning them all. Looking forward to an LC200N some day to be my ultimate EDC Dragonfly!

Great shot! Looks like a good shot for the front cover.👍
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Whew, almost forgot to submit since life has been so crazy with me lately! Thank you again to Spyderco for hosting, and the chance to enter the yearly contest, and good luck to all the entrants!

Spyderco Model C229MPCW
Shaman CRUWEAR/Micarta Sprint Run
PXL_20210730_202904691_copy_1512x2016.jpg
Almost all my entries over the last few years have been members of the Native family of knives. An ever present member of the evergreen stable of Spyderco's lineup, the Native has been subject to CQI, various generations of production, as well as a now expanding family of family models, such as the Chief, Lil' Native, and the Shaman.

The genesis of the CRu-Carta Shaman came from discussion on this very board, and represents the best aspects of Spyderco in my opinion. In my opinion, It takes the beefiness of the Manix platform, adds in the proprietary Spyderco compression lock, throws them in the blender with the Native form factor, and creates a folder which is both familiar to longime Spyderco fans and a great introduction to the Spyderco design aesthetic to newer Spyderco Converts.
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
protea

Post by protea »

Hi everyone,

Really excited for this contest--love my grasshopper!
SJ_knife_forum.jpg
realknifehead

Post by realknifehead »

Model: Spyderco Military Rex 45

Though I've never posted here before, I've been collecting Spydercos for over ten years now. My favorite model continues to be the Military, and there was no question what knife would be featured if I submitted something. After entertaining a number of ideas for my entry, I decided to simply mess around with some effects on my computer and ended up with this. I don't think it compares to some of the other entries, but I figured I'd give it a shot regardless. Thanks to Spyderco for doing this!
Attachments
IMG_5843 copy.jpeg
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Thank you everyone for participating! The contest is officially closed. Look for winners to be announced by end of day 13-Aug.

We appreciate each of you!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.