2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Re: 2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Post by TazKristi »

standy99 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:12 am
Hi Kristi

All uploaded :spyder: :spyder:

Not sure of all the sizing stuff so uploaded the original photo. Is under the 15mb
Hi, standy99:
We've got your image! Thank you!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
razehound

Post by razehound »

While my Spydiechef may only be a couple months old, it has become my #1 carry far and away. The ease of mind that comes with the LC200N and full titanium construction pales my other knives for everyday tasks. It's stately, elegant, and slices a mean lobster!

Good luck to everyone!
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

This knife is my foray into more exotic steels. It also reminds me of my grandfather, who always has a 1st generation CE ladybug on his keys or in his shirt pocket. I love the scale color on this knife, so I helped it pop a little. Entering this contest last year was what got me to join the forum, so thank you all!

Ladybug, K390
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
Shibby

Post by Shibby »

This year I am entering a photo of my C188ALTIP Dogtag Folder. Don't let the size fool you. This knife is small but mighty. The sheepsfoot-style stone washed blade in S30v is unique, stays super sharp and feels great in the hand. The green and blue anodized titanium/aluminum is eye-catching and is a great addition to my colorful Spyderco collection.

ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

This is my UKPK at Audley End, a mansion built in 1605 by Thomas Howard, one of the great sea captains who thwarted the Spanish Armada in 1588, and chancellor to James 1, who united the Scottish & English crowns.

Much altered over the centuries, it was used as a training centre from 1943 for brave Polish operatives who parachuted into mortal peril. Coincidentally, a WW2 Supermarine Spitfire from nearby Duxford air museum was performing aerobatics overhead when we visited last Thursday, with it’s hugely evocative engine sound.
C9B7BDBD-1D8D-4431-9542-F8DAC4FA7456.jpeg
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I decided to throw my hat in the ring this year as well, with a picture that captures two of my favorite things: my Spydies and my horses. I carry and use several different Spydercos at the horse barn depending on what I'll be doing - including this Endela in k390 - but anything that comes with me out there has to be tough, ready to get dirty, and easy to operate with gloves on. For those reasons and more I appreciate the Endela, especially in this incredible super steel.

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:03 pm
This is my UKPK at Audley End, a mansion built in 1605 by Thomas Howard, one of the great sea captains who thwarted the Spanish Armada in 1588, and chancellor to James 1, who united the Scottish & English crowns.

Much altered over the centuries, it was used as a training centre from 1943 for brave Polish operatives who parachuted into mortal peril. Coincidentally, a WW2 Supermarine Spitfire from nearby Duxford air museum was performing aerobatics overhead when we visited last Thursday, with it’s hugely evocative engine sound.

download/file.php?id=44650&mode=view
(click link to see image a little bigger -- I couldn't get it to show in this reply for some reason.)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This one is worth 400 years of history as well, plus a little geography between Audley End, England, and Golden, Colorado. Nice shot. Too bad you couldn't attach the sound of the Spitfire as well, to add some aviation :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Here's my entry. This is the Spyderco Swayback. It's my most recent Spyderco purchase, and although it has its quirks I've come to really enjoy carrying and using it. The design speaks of graceful elegance, combined with simplicity and utility. The blade shape and grind make for an excellent cutting tool and the smooth contoured titanium handles make it comfortable in the hand and pocket.
I've been having a lot of fun lately just randomly carving and whittling. :)

PS Kristi I attempted to submit the photo on the website but I'm not sure if y'all received it? Nothing really happened when I hit submit, anyway.

Good luck everyone!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Alexander135

Post by Alexander135 »

So many of these look great. I wish I had half of the creative prowess as you all. Good luck!
Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog »

My photo this year is of a Paramilitary 2 with custom, camping themed, scales. Thanks for the contest Spyderco and best wishes to all!
Attachments
Forum new.jpg
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

Here is my submission this year, the PM2 in Maxamet. The Maxamet steel is an amazing feat of engineering, coupled with the versatile and practical PM2 platform. I wanted to capture the Spyderco knife as a hard-working tool, which will last a lifetime if taken care of.
atv223

Post by atv223 »

The Dragonfly 2 Salt in SE is one of my all-time favorites and it’s a knife that accompanies me on every vacation. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of luck with them. My first one was lost to the Caribbean in Jamaica and the second one was lost in the surf of OBX, NC. When my family and I headed to Yellowstone National Park on vacation, my 3rd Dragonfly 2 Salt was an obvious choice bring, along with a Pacific Salt SE, Native 5 Salt PE, and my wife’s Teal Dragonfly to round things out. As I placed the Dragonfly for photos throughout the trip, my daughters were sure it would end up at the bottom of a hot spring or geyser. Fortunately, this 3rd Dragonfly Salt made it home with me. As a family, we took over 5,000 photos and videos while in Yellowstone and many featured a Spyderco knife. The one I decided to submit was taken during an early morning hike on the Grand Prismatic Overlook Trail on our way up. I spotted this perfect spider web covered in dew with steam rising from hot springs in the background; I immediately knew it was the ideal spot for a photo. I hope everyone enjoys the photo as much as I do.
Danke

Post by Danke »

Reach should always exceed your grasp.

Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I haven’t had time yet to really give it a go but I’ll put one in as a place holder for now. Good luck everyone!

DerRock

Post by DerRock »

This knife surprised and delighted me at the same time. I'm surprised that a non-professional engineer came up with such a beautiful construction, and I'm delighted with its originality and functionality. JaniSong is without a doubt the best knife I have bought lately.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ A couple very nice pics there!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

I chose the Spyderco Pacific Salt (C91PBK) again because I still love this knife. I've carried Pacific Salts since 2006 and they have never let me down. I carry one in my pocket, I have one in my car and I even keep one in the shower! This picture is from the same set as my submission from last year with better composition per the contest instructions.

cgjones-2022-forum.jpg
Carson
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

I didn't go on vacation last year because of Covid. In winter I missed the sun and got the idea to buy Native Salt LC200N. It was a bull's eye. I haven't had a FRN handle knife in so long that I forgot how cool it is. Yellow Native was with me very often this spring. The photo I sent was taken in a hammock in anticipation of a holiday trip that is likely to be this year. Guess what knife will I have in my pocket? ;)

Thanks for the contest and good luck to everyone!

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
ZesT

Post by ZesT »

The Spyderco Sage 1 was the very first "nice" knife that I bought--at age 15. Almost five years later, its textured carbon fiber scales and rock-solid liner lock continue to find themselves in my pocket. This picture is dedicated to the knife that started it all, with some fun lighting to accentuate Spyderco's amazing finishing.
Attachments
DSCF4456-7.jpg
"I can stop at any time."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

C113GPGR Caly 3 HAP40 Sprint Run

This was my most anticipated sprint run knife to date. The ergos and size are perfect for me and HAP40 has become one of my favorite steels. The Caly 3 is a classic Spyderco model

This picture (like several of mine) was taken at Grapevine Lake, TX

Last edited by Sharp Guy on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!