2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
przemekspce

Re: 2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Post by przemekspce »

brj wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:45 am
[img]https://i.imgur.com/OMbvhPw.jpg[/img

Nothing fancy, just a quiet sunset and the tide splashing up my Pacific Salt.
I like this photo :spyder:
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
bwl2021

Post by bwl2021 »

Hello Kristi, is it allowed to slightly retouch the picture, for example to remove minor annoying overexposure? Or does the picture have to be 100 percent unprocessed? Many greetings Johannes
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

bwl2021 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:02 am
Hello Kristi, is it allowed to slightly retouch the picture, for example to remove minor annoying overexposure? Or does the picture have to be 100 percent unprocessed? Many greetings Johannes
Hi, Johannes:
Absolutely! We welcome retouching, manipulations, etc. We look forward to seeing your submission!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
SpydieFlicker

Post by SpydieFlicker »

The Pacific Salt 2 is an awesome knife for just about every use, and it suits me very well when I climb, because it eats through everything. The photo was taken about 70 feet in the air, and I think this view of the trunk gives a great perspective of what I see when I climb.
Attachments
fpv.jpg
SpydieFlicker

Post by SpydieFlicker »

Hi Krsiti, I posted my calendar image on the forum, but when I press the submit button on the hi-res link, it clears all of my information, and displays an error message: please correct the following errors. Is there any way for you to check that you have my hi-res image? Thanks!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I've been an avid collector of Spyderco knives, and their midlock models in particular, for almost 20 years. The Tufram Civilians is among my favorite early models, and this photo features both the plain and serrated versions.

For those who can't see the above image because they're using Chrome or other "nannyware" browsers:

http://paulberetta.com/images/contest/2 ... -Small.jpg
Last edited by The Deacon on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bwl2021

Post by bwl2021 »

I took a picture of my T01 SpydeRench, which I have had for about 15 years. It is surrounded by five small Spyderco knife stands CT03 in a star shape. The four sitting pewter figures are about 100 years old and from my father. I placed these on Spyderco knife badges that I got a few years ago at the International Arms Exhibition in Nürnberg (IWA) at the Spyderco stand. The photography in the appearance of space and the SpydeRench in the center is intended to create a relationship to the designer, an aerospace engineer. The other objects from Spyderco as well as the figures accompany the SpydeRench on the "flight" through space.

The motto of the picture: "Spyderco is everywhere, also in space".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v632ekrljtzar ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Amika

Post by Amika »

So I absolutely love this little knife. Its color is just so amazing and so easy to carry for all your basic needs.
I wanted to enter this one as I have been crazy about it for the last year and finally got my hands on it. Just something a little special to me. Hope it's good enough to feature this year.

Be safe out there everyone!

TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

SpydieFlicker wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm
Hi Krsiti, I posted my calendar image on the forum, but when I press the submit button on the hi-res link, it clears all of my information, and displays an error message: please correct the following errors. Is there any way for you to check that you have my hi-res image? Thanks!
Hey, SpydieFlicker:
We do not have your high-res image. The error message should tell you what needs to be corrected. Please try again and if you still get an error, please send me a screenshot and I'll see if we can figure out the issue.

Thanks much!

Kristi
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

The Deacon wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:51 pm
I've been an avid collector of Spyderco knives, and their midlock models in particular, for almost 20 years. The Tufram Civilians is among my favorite early models, and this photo features both the plain and serrated versions.

For those who can't see the above image because they're using Chrome or other "nannyware" browsers:

http://paulberetta.com/images/contest/2 ... -Small.jpg
Hey, Paul:
Please be sure to upload the high-res image to the link on our site. I didn't see your image when I checked a bit ago.

Thanks much!

Kristi
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

standy99 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 am
Spyderco mule with some Rosewood scales. Slowly heading to a fixed blade the Mule Team gave me a way to personalise a Spyderco edge and steel. My first full from block of wood to knife. With plenty of help from the forums mule team that has given advice, tutorials and boat loads of encouragement.
What steel and handle is next....
Hey, standy99:
Please be sure to upload your high-res image through our website (the link is in my original post). I don't see a high-res file for you yet.

Thanks!
Kristi
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

hom76 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:41 am
Among all the spydercos, Dragonfly is definitely my favorite. I own 13 DF and am still keeping them all. I love the overall design and also the variety of steel choices. The one I share in my submission is the ZDP189 version and it is the first dragonfly I own. After this one, I have got the VG10, H1, Superblue, hap40,....... all the way to the recent cpm 20cv and cruwear. I carry and use at least one of my dragonflies every day. Today I used my ZDP189 to cut up a bunch of hay for my little pet rabbit's dinner. As I love DF so much, I think I will continue to buy more and more. I hope the next dragonfly I get is in Lc200n😁
Hi, hom76:
Please be sure to upload your high-res image through our website (the link is in my original post). I don't see a high-res file for you yet.

Thanks!
Kristi
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Freediver wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:08 pm
Here is my C01SATU Tuffram Worker. The worker was the first folding knife in history to offer the Trademark Round Hole and a pocket clip. The G-2 Stainless is some good stuff. This knife is special to me since I acquired it directly from Sal for donating to a very good cause.
Hi, Freediver:

Thanks!
Kristi
SpydieFlicker

Post by SpydieFlicker »

Thanks so much for your help, Kristi! I found that my problem was I was trying to upload a .png file, so I exported it in my photo app as a jpeg/jpg, and the submitting process worked.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:27 am
Hey, Paul:
Please be sure to upload the high-res image to the link on our site. I didn't see your image when I checked a bit ago.

Thanks much!

Kristi

Odd, I uploaded it Sunday, right after first posting in this thread and everything seemed to work. Mine is a jpg. and the size is a bit over 9MB, so file type and size should not have been a problem. Just uploaded it again and, once again, no error messages. Please let me know if it arrived.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 am
Freediver wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:08 pm
Here is my C01SATU Tuffram Worker. The worker was the first folding knife in history to offer the Trademark Round Hole and a pocket clip. The G-2 Stainless is some good stuff. This knife is special to me since I acquired it directly from Sal for donating to a very good cause.
Hi, Freediver:

Thanks!
Kristi
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll try again tonight. I definitely submitted as soon as I posted here. I think the same thing happened last year so I didn’t officially get to enter the contest.

Edit:

Kristi, I just submitted again from my cell phone. Can you please confirm if it went through? I didn’t receive a confirmation or an error message. When I click submit it just goes back to the blank submission form page. Thank you!
standy99

Post by standy99 »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 am
standy99 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 am
Spyderco mule with some Rosewood scales. Slowly heading to a fixed blade the Mule Team gave me a way to personalise a Spyderco edge and steel. My first full from block of wood to knife. With plenty of help from the forums mule team that has given advice, tutorials and boat loads of encouragement.
What steel and handle is next....
Hey, standy99:

Thanks!
Kristi
Hi Kristi

All uploaded :spyder: :spyder:

Not sure of all the sizing stuff so uploaded the original photo. Is under the 15mb
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
hom76

Post by hom76 »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:30 am
hom76 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:41 am
Among all the spydercos, Dragonfly is definitely my favorite. I own 13 DF and am still keeping them all. I love the overall design and also the variety of steel choices. The one I share in my submission is the ZDP189 version and it is the first dragonfly I own. After this one, I have got the VG10, H1, Superblue, hap40,....... all the way to the recent cpm 20cv and cruwear. I carry and use at least one of my dragonflies every day. Today I used my ZDP189 to cut up a bunch of hay for my little pet rabbit's dinner. As I love DF so much, I think I will continue to buy more and more. I hope the next dragonfly I get is in Lc200n😁
Hi, hom76:

Thanks!
Kristi
Hi Kristi,

Thanks for letting me know. I have just re-submitted it. Please let me know if it is successful this time. Thanks
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thank goodness for Kristi being on top of things! (As usual), or else there would hardly be any images that qualify :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

hom76 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:28 am
Hi Kristi,

Thanks for letting me know. I have just re-submitted it. Please let me know if it is successful this time. Thanks
Hi, hom76:
We've got your image now. Thank you!

Kristi