2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Netherend

Re: 2022 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest

Post by Netherend »

My go to garden knife; the Manix 2 lightweight with 20cv steel. I have cut down apple tree branches, dove into lakes with it in my pocket and regularly prune my garden with it and it has never failed me.
51CF8B66-B575-4DC6-A18D-9A8EE455682A.jpeg
Just one more knife...
anycal

Post by anycal »

This is a picture of my C229MZW SHAMAN Z-WEAR PM SPRINT on top of some drying local Coast Live Oak.

Not sure how many will be able to relate. But you know when you pick up a bulldog or pitbull puppy, and you realize how dense they are. That was my first impression of the Shaman. Dense, overbuilt knife in a surprisingly slim package. Great knife for around the campsite.

Peter
RyanR

Post by RyanR »

Wow, lots of great pictures!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'd like to submit this photo of my C81GPBORE2 Paramilitary 2 Rex45 Sprint Run.

I like to take a lot of photos of my knives while I'm at work, I work in a paper mill where I have endless amounts of cool spots to take pictures. This one has always stood out to me, as I love the combination of oranges and blues. The colors really seem to pop!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Featherblade

Post by Featherblade »

Spyderco Para™ 3 Lightweight CPM® SPY27™ (C223CBL).

Para 3 LW is great EDC blade - powerful performance in a compact size.
Well ballanced SPY27 is one of my favorite steels.

There's a place where I go sometimes. These orange French marigolds had blossomed into fiery colors...

Para 3 in Flames - the spirit of knife art reflected on the blade surface.

archangel

Post by archangel »

Featherblade wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Para 3 LW is great EDC blade - powerful performance in a compact size.
Well ballanced SPY27 is one of my favorite steels.

There's a place where I go sometimes. These orange French marigolds had blossomed into fiery colors...

Para 3 in Flames - the spirit of knife art reflected on the blade surface.

Wow. You've got a winner there!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'd say so too!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

I don't always carry a big knife, but when i do I love carrying this C36GPGY CPM Cruwear Military. Be it subbing in for lack of kitchen knives at the B&Bs my partner and I stay in out of town, or keeping close by for a glamorous photo shoot in the woods during the out of town hikes, this lightweight beauty is a pleasure to carry. Note: My partner was very generous with the time she gave me during the hike for the 267 photos i ended up taking!
Last edited by Cheddarnut on Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Featherblade

Post by Featherblade »

archangel wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:19 am
Featherblade wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:51 pm
[img]https://i.imgur.com/C7bOKlz.jpg

Wow. You've got a winner there!
DougC-3 wrote:I'd say so too!

Thank you !
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I saw this little McBee flying around in my garden and snapped this pic just before it buzzed away. :D

Some amazing pics this year. Good luck everyone!
:bug-red-white
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

gbelleh wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:36 pm
I saw this little McBee flying around in my garden and snapped this pic just before it buzzed away. :D

Some amazing pics this year. Good luck everyone!
Well done!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:37 am
I'd like to submit this photo of my C81GPBORE2 Paramilitary 2 Rex45 Sprint Run.

I like to take a lot of photos of my knives while I'm at work, I work in a paper mill where I have endless amounts of cool spots to take pictures. This one has always stood out to me, as I love the combination of oranges and blues. The colors really seem to pop!

I think this is beautiful, nice work TkoK83Spy :)
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

With the return of the Mule Team project this year, I chose this shot of my PMA11 Mule with a set of scales designed by a forum member and printed by me.

The Mule Team's goal of putting new and rare steels into knives to get customer feedback is just one of the things that sets Spyderco apart from the competition. Another thing I love about Spyderco is this forum, it's truly one of this nicest places on the Internet and full of great people, so entering this knife with scales designed by a forum member felt like a great way to honor some of what makes Spyderco great.

-Turbo
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i chose to highlight the caribbean this year. i was initially hesitant to buy this model because i wasn't a huge fan of how it looks. i understood, however, that it's looks served a purpose, which is something that i really appreciate about spyderco. they are never afraid to make something for function over form, even for a niche market. once i got the caribbean in hand though, i knew immediately that it captured the attributes of my favorite spyderco models in one package. i no longer see an ugly knife... i see a beautiful work of art that showcases decades of design experience, innovation, and production fine-tuning. the caribbean is surely a masterpiece.

i purchased the caribbean after leaving hawaii almost a year ago, but a recent trip back for a few days gave me the chance to bring a little bit of the caribbean to the pacific. here is the spyderedge sheepsfoot version soaking up the sun and waves on some volcanic rock and seaweed on the north shore in waimea bay.

thanks for the opportunity to enter this contest each year, spyderco, and good luck to all who participate.
🙂🤙🏼
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I had to submit a Cru-carta one since that has been my signature for going on two years now! I stumbled across this Blue Ridge Parkway trail marker OFF the trail randomly while hiking in the NC mountains. Pretty neat and all of the different foliage in the shot made a great backdrop for the Cru-carta!!

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

This year I am submitting an image of the Para 3 lightweight CPM S90V Teal and CPM-M4 Mint exclusive models. The colors of these handles made me think of peppermint and spearmint candy which I have evoked in my submission. I have arranged the knives in a playful rendition of the yin-yang with the super steel blades being in opposition to both each other and the bright handles that contain them, while appearing to be in perfect harmony.

spyderco21_01_preview.jpg
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

This was an unplanned opportunity that just presented itself. I was walking around a touristy fishing village this morning and liked the mooring bollards with a lot of colour and texture and, like we knife people tend to do, took a photo of the knife that happened to be in my pocket, a Lum Chinese. I looked at it and thought, hey, with a bit of imagination, up side down the Chinese's handle could look a bit like a boat and the leaf shaped blade at 90 degrees looks a bit like a sail. The recomposed image became my submission for this year ... with a nod to Sage Marine as well ...
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Spyderco Salt 2 Green LC200N C88FPGR2

A drizzly day, an empty beach and the Spyderco Salt 2 in my pocket… I took this photo this summer, in the North coast of Spain, where the Salt 2 has been my inseparable companion.

Thank you very much to Spyderco for running this fun contest and good luck everyone!
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

Oh yes! It's a good shot :)
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
KP

Post by KP »

I'm grateful to Spyderco for giving me the reason to go and shoot some pictures. And every year I think I should practice more to improve and next year to submit much better produced picture.
Alas, next year!

For this year the model is somewhat special. Not only it's one of the two 'founding' and longest in production models, but this particular one was bought used from someone and then further modified by one forum member to my liking. Most metal parts got stonewashed and the blade shape was altered and shortened.
The background tone is also stone.

This one has a special place in my small collection.
Attachments
IMG_3239a-small.jpg