Who's in for a Cruwear Endura?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bdubs808

Who's in for a Cruwear Endura?

Post by Bdubs808 »

I've been wanting to buy a Cruwear Endura since the Delica Sprint was released with that steel. Gray FRN and satin blade, or DLT Exclusive OD Green with coated blade? Either one works for me.
A Cruwear Endela would be excellent too.
The Meat man

Re: Who's in for a Cruwear Endura?

Post by The Meat man »

I have been hoping that DLT will do one in OD green/coated blade.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yes to both a Cruwear Endura and Cruwear Endela. These are the two models I carry pretty much exclusively, and Cruwear is my favorite steel, so pretty much my two grail knives right here. I'd like FRN and Cru-carta versions of each ideally.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
GJMcD

Post by GJMcD »

Definitely interested in this, especially if it’s the grey satin combo of the Delica.
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

I’m in for an Endura with any new steel. G10 + Cruwear would be awesome.

It’s a shame that the Delica/Dragonfly get tons of exclusives but the Endura gets less love.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I have been asking for a Cruwear Endura for maybe 10 years or so. It was back before the mule team program but after ZDP and 440V and after VG 10 was the standard Seki offering. After the Cruwear Delica was released I thought one was coming but it never happened. I'm good for at least two as long as they are available in plain edge and not slime ( toxic) green.

Joe
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'd love one or two.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Endura deserves a lot more variants and this would be one of the coolest.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Cruwear anything sells fast. Probably the best balanced steel in the catalog. Of course that's just an opinion. I have a CPM Cruwear Delica sitting in a box. Native 5 Cruwear is my current favorite.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I would love an Endura in satin CRUWEAR!! Then treat it to Boomer’s millie-pattern scales :cool:
Jared

Post by Jared »

OD scales, coated blade (DLT style) and I will absolutely buy one.

Honestly, I’d like to try CruWear anyway, but the DLT color combo just reminds me of my 4Runner so much I’d have to have it. (Yes, I realize that is a silly reason to buy a knife, but I just can’t get the idea out of my head).
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Been my pie in the sky for years!
awa54

Post by awa54 »

While I'm not totally in love with the Endura, a CruWear version makes lots of sense for sure, though a MagnaCut version would likely trump that and *might* be coming in the foreseeable future...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Slightly off-topic but I’ve been more and more tempted to buy a k390 endura lately. I don’t much enjoy back locks (yeah I know it’s a objectively a great lock, looking at you Wartstein), but I’m craving more and more k390 in my life. My PM2 and para 3 in it are soooo good.
Matus

Post by Matus »

A sprint run would surely sell out easily, production Cruwear Endura would be overlapping with the k390 (yes I am aware about the differences in steels). I would rather see more k390 non-sprint blades (PM2, Para 3, Shaman, Manix, etc ...).
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

aaronkb wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:19 pm
Slightly off-topic but I’ve been more and more tempted to buy a k390 endura lately. I don’t much enjoy back locks (yeah I know it’s a objectively a great lock, looking at you Wartstein), but I’m craving more and more k390 in my life. My PM2 and para 3 in it are soooo good.

Oh man, I actually tried to stop advocating for the backlock too much some time ago... :o (when I was rather new to this forum I was just totally puzzled how much dislike and first and foremost misbelieves seemed to be out there concerning that lock type)

It still IS my favorite locktype and I have my personal reasons for it - but I can totally see why people love the smoothness of a comp.lock or ease of operation even for folks new to knives of a linerlock or the probably easier one handed closing of a CBBL... and so on. ;)

Anyway, give the Endura a try! :) You might (or might not, remains to be seen) enjoy its longer cutting edge and thinner stock (compared to the PM2 and Para 3)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:38 am
Anyway, give the Endura a try! :) You might (or might not, remains to be seen) enjoy its longer cutting edge and thinner stock (compared to the PM2 and Para 3)
My thoughts exactly! Also starting to contemplate a Police 4 but don’t know if I could actually justify carrying that. Plus I have a strong preference for deep carry and even if I swap in an aftermarket clip, I’m not positive it would fit fully in my pocket :D
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

aaronkb wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:19 pm
You know what you should do. Just buy it. :D

- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:04 am
You know what you should do. Just buy it. :D
When I do, imma tell my girlfriend you made me do it. Better watch out!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I kind of like the idea of using some of those inexpensive models so more people could check out some of these Supersteels without spending a huge amount to get to try them. It would also work in Spyderco's favor because once a knife user would see first hand how great many of these newer blade steels are it would probably encourage them to buy more of the high end models that use particular blade steels that most people would like by using them.

With this subject in mind I wouldn't mind seeing them using other nitrogen based steels in the Salt Series. I would love to even see a NATIVE model in Cruwear too.