Rivers Edge Cutlery Upcoming Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Notsurewhy

Re: Rivers Edge Cutlery Upcoming Exclusive

Post by Notsurewhy »

Zive wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm
Coming next week and REC says this will be run more than once!
I wonder how the people bidding $575 for these on eBay feel about that…
No ragrets?
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Cscottsss wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 pm
I like the fact that they claim they'll be plenty more if you miss this first drop. I hope so!
Yeah, good on them for coming right out with that instead of playing to the FOMO / panic buying base instincts.

The knife itself is obviously expensive, but given the price of the normal Shaman, the markup for the steel upgrade, dyes and paint seems very minimal. I think this would probably be the Shaman I'd get if I was going to get one, and if they actually stay in stock long enough for me to order.
JMM

Post by JMM »

Cscottsss wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:30 pm
I like the fact that they claim they'll be plenty more if you miss this first drop. I hope so!
I hope so as well, this run will sell out in <5 minutes guaranteed. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for another run to appear.... It's not even that awesome looking, but it is unique/unusual for a Spyderco Shaman, I think if they would have made all the hardware (including the clip) the same colour as the blade instead of black it would look way cooler... but that's just my 2c ;) :p :D
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Nice looking knife.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:26 pm
Zive wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm
tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm
Coming next week and REC says this will be run more than once!
I wonder how the people bidding $575 for these on eBay feel about that…
No ragrets?
No regerts!
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

They said the same with their exclusive PM2 (more to come), it's been almost a year since the release and the second batch is still to be released. So I'm guessing an even longer wait for the next batch of this Shaman.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

It’ll be before Christmas, just not sure which year! ;)
CPM-Greg

Post by CPM-Greg »

Nice knife; if I did not already own the brown micart Z-Wear version, I might jump at this exclusive.

Good luck all,

CPM-Greg
Thinking about which Taichung blade to get next.......
JMM

Post by JMM »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 pm
They said the same with their exclusive PM2 (more to come), it's been almost a year since the release and the second batch is still to be released. So I'm guessing an even longer wait for the next batch of this Shaman.
Yeah, it seemed like it was a long time to me, I didn't realize it had been that long.... I'm guessing re-runs might be lower on the priority list for our already overworked Spydie folks, I'm glad they are expanding Golden to meet the rising demand.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 pm
Yeah, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me of that. Let's hope thats not the case with the Shaman. :(
sgtcole69

Post by sgtcole69 »

Any idea what day it will be out?
JMM

Post by JMM »

New updated info . . .

https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... -204p.html

Holy Guacamole !

You have not missed anything! These will be dropping this week...be sure you are subscribed to the in stock notifications! Once they go live, you will get an email with a link to purchase. We obviously do not have enough of these to go around. If you do not grab one this time, there will be more chances as Spyderco delivers more to us. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN TO GET MORE REC EXCLUSIVES FROM SPYDERCO, IT IS A WAITING GAME. WE TAKE WHAT WE CAN GET WHEN WE CAN GET IT.

The email system puts everyone on a level playing field with getting the email notification! Once you see that email, waste no time.....these will sell out in minutes.

IMPORTANT!! THERE IS A STRICT LIMIT OF ONE PER PERSON / PER HOUSEHOLD. WE ARE TRYING TO GET THESE IN THE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO WANT THEM TO COLLECT, CARRY AND USE, NOT TO FLIP AND MAKE MONEY!

***When all orders are in, we WILL dump them into an excel spreadsheet, there we can determine duplicate orders, orders going to the same address and so on.***

IF YOU ORDER MORE THAN ONE, OR HAVE MORE THAN ONE GOING TO A SINGLE ADDRESS, YOUR ORDER (S) WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL GET NONE. WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON PEOPLE TRYING TO GET MORE THAN ONE, SO DO NOT TRY. IT WILL BE FOUND AND CANCELLED.
Leksy

Post by Leksy »

Sadly, this dealer does not ship outside US. good luck picking one, though
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

These are pretty nice, the PVD coating almost has a dull shine to it rather than being completely matte.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Good on them for trying to keep the flippers at bay, even at the expense of more work and headache for themselves.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
not_the_sharpest

Post by not_the_sharpest »

They mentioned multiple runs. Did that happen with the PM2, the PM2 page mentions it being an ongoing exclusive.
aquaseafoamshaman

Post by aquaseafoamshaman »

BOOM!!!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just dropped!

and... OOS.
-Nick :bug-red
JMM

Post by JMM »

Yep, OOS for me, and I was on it. :(
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln