Cru-wear Dragonfly with OD FRN Scales @ DLT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bantee

Re: Cru-wear Dragonfly with OD FRN Scales @ DLT

Post by Bantee »

WHOO HOO...I just now opened up my spankin' new D-Fly!!
What a cool little knife!! This is my first D-Fly, my first Cruwear, aaand my first FRN Spydie.
The colors are fantastic...I love the o.d. green, & blacked out blade, it's a great combo!!
I have to say, upon first inspection, for this being by far my least expensive Spydie..it feels like it may have the sharpest factory edge...& I believe it may have the most symmetrical grind!?!?...at first blush, it seems to be a very well put together little knife!!
I'm going to wipe the oil off of it, & in my pocket it will go!!
I am in the construction industry, & I use a knife a lot, so I am very interested to see how the small size of this model will work out for me??
I normally carry Tantos exclusively, as the shape works great for me..for the last several months a pair of PM2 Tantos have been pulling work duty...& one "other" manufacturer who is best known for his Western style Tantos..so running a knife this small, & light will be a fun experiment for me.
I want to thank DLT Trading for doing this run, & doing enough of them to give me the chance to own it. 😁
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

restless ghost wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:02 pm
Is the wire clip and hardware matte black? I just checked my other wire clipped DLC Spyderco's and they're all glossy. Not sure if matte is common, never noticed it before.
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

it’s definitely matte
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

I was originally planning on getting this on release date but held off because I've bought 3 other knives the past two weeks I shouldn't have, lol. But, after seeing that pic with the matte finish clip and it still being in stock I caved and finally ordered one.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Mine arrived today
Great job Spyderco and DLT
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Last edited by Superflex on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Superflex wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am
Mine arrived today
Still waiting on mine. Expected it to be here today but tracking hasn't updated since I got the shipped notice on Tuesday. :confused:
hom76

Post by hom76 »

This is really a beautiful piece

Zive

Post by Zive »

z1r wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:50 am
Superflex wrote:
Mine arrived today
Still waiting on mine. Expected it to be here today but tracking hasn't updated since I got the shipped notice on Tuesday. :confused:
Same, mine has sat at the origin post office since Tuesday. Not something DLT can do anything about, just gotta stay patient. Glad the initial reports of fit and finish are positive.
AHarbuck

Post by AHarbuck »

Zive wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:04 pm
z1r wrote:
Superflex wrote:
Mine arrived today
Same, mine has sat at the origin post office since Tuesday. Not something DLT can do anything about, just gotta stay patient. Glad the initial reports of fit and finish are positive.
I reached out to DLT about this. Apparently this is how USPS is now tracking first class packages, only scanning upon shipment and when they reach the destination post office. Like you said, out of their hands.
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

DLT also offer this one:
https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-dra ... 20cv-blade

I ordered both. :D

ASF :spyder:
Zive

Post by Zive »

AHarbuck wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:51 pm
I reached out to DLT about this. Apparently this is how USPS is now tracking first class packages, only scanning upon shipment and when they reach the destination post office. Like you said, out of their hands.
That explains it. Cheers for sharing that. Hopefully mine will appear on Monday.
Hullk

Post by Hullk »

Do you think they will do a version without the coating? I feel coated blades don't age well because the coating will wear off with use
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

restless ghost wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:45 pm
Oh man. I have an orange DFII... :eek:

AND...

A pink handle that needs a blade. This would leave me with an OD handle I don’t need. :spyder:
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Heads up, the cru-wear blade comes with bronze washers and swapping them is pretty tricky. I wonder if the coated blades need them. I put some oil on the blade and “stuck” the washers on the blade, then carefully placed the blade/washers in the scales while a zip tie held the lock bar open.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:01 pm
DLT also offer this one:
https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-dra ... 20cv-blade

I ordered both. :D

ASF :spyder:
Nice, but I've tried for years and I just can't get behind the Zome handles. I've been on the brink of purchasing one but couldn't, haha. But, it'd be a great candidate for a scale swap with the 20cv. :D
Agreycat

Post by Agreycat »

Zive wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:09 pm
AHarbuck wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:51 pm
That explains it. Cheers for sharing that. Hopefully mine will appear on Monday.
Mine was expected Friday. It's almost Sunday and what I'm seeing is "Scheduled delivery: Pending"
I paid extra for FedEx Ground to avoid the USPS. I wish these companies would give us realistic "delivery estimates" and then exceed our expectations. Instead, they are promising quick delivery and absolutely not meeting expectations.
My experiences. My opinions. :)
Agreycat

Post by Agreycat »

Bantee wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm
prndltech wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:59 pm
Bantee wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:58 pm
I just ordered one, I have never purchased from DLT, owned a D-Fly, or owned a knife in this steel!!
I am super excited for Spydie #7 to arrive!! 😁
#7 huh? you got bit by the :spyder: . there will be 14 before you know it, then there will be 28... just so you know... hundreds of dollars that you currently have are no longer yours. you just don't realize it yet :D
:D I know right!! I don't even have the D-Fly in hand yet, & am already impatiently awaiting the Smock release from a different vendor!!!
Tis a great time to be a Spydie lover!! :spyder:
Which Vendor? And when? Standard steel or an exclusive? Please?
Bantee

Post by Bantee »

Agreycat wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 pm
Bantee wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:06 pm
prndltech wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:59 pm
Bantee wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:58 pm
I just ordered one, I have never purchased from DLT, owned a D-Fly, or owned a knife in this steel!!
I am super excited for Spydie #7 to arrive!! 😁
#7 huh? you got bit by the :spyder: . there will be 14 before you know it, then there will be 28... just so you know... hundreds of dollars that you currently have are no longer yours. you just don't realize it yet :D
:D I know right!! I don't even have the D-Fly in hand yet, & am already impatiently awaiting the Smock release from a different vendor!!!
Tis a great time to be a Spydie lover!! :spyder:
Which Vendor? And when? Standard steel or an exclusive? Please?
Will be a Blade HQ release, with M4 steel & the jade green g10 scales..& I have fingers crossed there will be a DLC version as well!! 😃
I believe there is already a thread & pic posted on page two or three here in gen discussion!?!
The knife looks AMAZING!!!
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

z1r wrote:
Superflex wrote:
Mine arrived today
Same here. I emailed DLT, who in turn reached out to their local Postmaster. Apparently tracking will not be updated until it arrives at destination post office.