PM 2 Splash Ti and Hexa Ti - WHAT?!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

PM 2 Splash Ti and Hexa Ti - WHAT?!?

Post by Wartstein »

Just found two Ti PM2 versions in S45 VN on the site of a 100% reputable European dealer:

PM2 Spash Ti https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 46364.html

PM2 Hexa Ti https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 46385.html

Anyone ever heard of these models?! :confused: :eek:

EDIT: Probably just a handle-mod this particular dealer does?!
EDIT 2: Yes... handle mod by the dealer.. my French rather sucks, but this I can understand when reading the description
Last edited by Wartstein on Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Re: PM 2 Spash Ti and Hexa Ti - WHAT?!?

Post by Wartstein »

Pics:

- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Very interesting! I wonder if they're selling them as customized versions or if they're produced like that by Spyderco?
-Nick :bug-red
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

Noticed them as well, they also carry the pm2 in s45vn at a reasonable price (for Europe). Customer service is awful but I have had no problem with receiving my items when ordering.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 am
Very interesting! I wonder if they're selling them as customized versions or if they're produced like that by Spyderco?

I was so surprised when I happened to come across these models that I started the thread before reading all of the description:

But though my French is really bad, this "Monté et et ajusté par nos soins, gardez la garantie." means something like that the dealer assembled the knives...
kobold

Post by kobold »

cust a2 and cust a3 - some kind of customs. I like them, the price is not even that horrible for EU IMO.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

They have a nice look to them. With shipping from Europe factored in, they're too pricey for me, though.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Eratus wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 am
Noticed them as well, they also carry the pm2 in s45vn at a reasonable price (for Europe). Customer service is awful but I have had no problem with receiving my items when ordering.

Is it? Why?
I´ve ordered twice from them and returned one item (not a knife), all went well. Says nothing of course concerning general service.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

... and I am pretty sure it should say SpLash instead of Spash... ;)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

There a couple of US sellers selling similar scales. Some of them look very nice, but i would worry about scratching the finish.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:05 am
Eratus wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 am

Is it? Why?
I´ve ordered twice from them and returned one item (not a knife), all went well. Says nothing of course concerning general service.
Last knife I ordered from them they sent out an email with confirmation that my order was being processed and that I should get back to them I’m 24 hours (I think it was) if I didn’t receive a tracking link. So I didn’t receive one and emailed them after the time was up, and then again and again until the knife was delivered like 10 days later. Still haven’t heard a thing from them.

They did however answer an email a month earlier when I sent them a query about a sprint that was suspiciously in stock, and got an answer.