Mystery Spyderco...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blokerjoker

Mystery Spyderco...

Post by Blokerjoker »

Hi all. I ordered a 'used' Endura from Amazon and received my package today. However, what was in the Endura box was definitely not a blue FRN scaled Endura it was the one below. Can anyone ID this knife?

Thanks, Rich
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_20210513_150920.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210513_150856.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210513_150850.jpg
Michael Janich

Re: Mystery Spyderco...

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Blokerjoker:

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Paramilitary 2
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Hi, Blokerjoker! Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, that appears to be a fake Paramilitary 2.

Sorry to hear about this happening. I'm sure Amazon will accept the return but to avoid this in the future, I would advise shopping somewhere else (a dedicated knife retailer) for Spyderco knives.

Best of luck!
-Nick :bug-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

What you received appears to be a fake to me. Looks like it wants to be a Paramilitary 2. I'd send it back.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sure looks fake to me. :(
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Welcome aboard.

Send it back, ASAP. If they refuse, open a dispute with your credit card, if you used one.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 am
I'm sure Amazon will accept the return...
My guess is that you're correct, and it'll go back into stock and shipped to another unsuspecting consumer. It's very unfortunate that these things happen. If I was in that boat, I'd do whatever I could (short of returning the fake to Amazon) to get my money back, and then turn the fake over to Spyderco
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Dan In MI wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 am
Mushroom wrote:
My guess is that you're correct, and it'll go back into stock and shipped to another unsuspecting consumer. It's very unfortunate that these things happen. If I was in that boat, I'd do whatever I could (short of returning the fake to Amazon) to get my money back, and then turn the fake over to Spyderco
I'd just destroy the fake. I doubt Spyderco would want it.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Dan In MI wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:34 am
Mushroom wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Amazon will likely accept the return but the fake will probably go back into their inventory. I was going to recommend that the OP tells Amazon that it's a fake but I withheld because I figured it wasn't my business to get into. It's not his responsibility to police what Amazon sells. None the less, I think the OP getting their money back should be the priority.
-Nick :bug-red
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Yes, the OP should get his money back, and the fake should be taken out of circulation. Destroying it is also a good option; a surefire way to take it out of circulation for good.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Return that fake and use your refund on a more trustworthy spyderco authorized dealer website.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Somebody bought a real Endura and then returned it but with a fake Para2 in the box. Sadly that isn’t at all uncommon. Unfortunately since Amazon is not a knife dealer they don’t realize it and just sell it to the next guy.

This is tough because you shouldn’t eat the cost but if you do return it they will probably just sell it to the next guy. On one hand throwing it off a bridge could be the right thing to do but then you get burned. On the other hand if you return it then someone else gets burned. I wouldn’t fault you either way, you didn’t do anything wrong. Just stick to actual knife dealers for now on.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Reminds me of these train wrecks

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87646
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Just this last week people here were justifying buying knives on Amazon. Not shocking.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I get hundreds of packages from Amazon a year and unfortunately there are people who game the system and buy an expensive item and return a fake or different item in its place for a refund. Then the fake/different item doesn't get noticed and typically gets put up in the "warehouse deals" section, which is where I am assuming you bought it "used"?

I buy a lot of the "warehouse deals" myself (all sorts of stuff...not knives) and some of them end up being a totally different product or a fake like you have here. I just return it and I put in the comments of the return that it is a different item and not to resell to the next customer. If you talk to an actual customer service rep via chat or the phone and explain that it is a fake and you are worried about it being resold to someone else they may give you a refund and let you keep it and ask that you throw it out, but typically they still have you send it back unfortunately and it probably will just go back into circulation, which sucks for the next guy. Eventually someone less knife educated will get it and not know it is a fake and will just keep it. :mad:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Rinzler wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 am
Just this last week people here were justifying buying knives on Amazon. Not shocking.

Spyderco used to sell directly on Amazon and I actually bought my first Spyderco on Amazon having it shipped free next day to the beach house we were renting. :D

It looks like even though Spyderco is not selling directly on Amazon at the moment, there are authorized dealers selling through Amazon FBA. I don't see anything wrong with that personally. Amazon has great customer service in my opinion on stuff that is FBA or Shipped and Sold by Amazon.

This is one of the main current sellers of Spyderco knives on Amazon...

"Onkata has been in business since 1962 and has operated an online storefront since 2006. Orders are shipped same day if ordered before 5:00pm EST from one of our own warehouses in Greenwood, IN or Ferndale, WA, or from one of Amazon's fulfilment centers to your door, usually in 2 days or less.

We currently represent Spyderco, Fein, Scratch and Peck, Accutec, Tajima, and RG Bullco brands directly. All items are authentic and purchased directly from the manufacturer or a manufacturer's agency."
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

This has happened to me before.. I once ordered a Military, deeply discounted, from Dvor.com (Optics Planet) and received a fake PM2, almost identical to the OPs. I contacted CS making a big stink about receiving a fake knife and the response I got was essentially, "oh.. yeah, that happens.." They told me to return the knife and offered to exchange it for another "Military," but I asked for a refund instead.. the trust was gone at that point haha. I tried to emphasize to them multiple times that the the knife I received was, not only not a Military, but a FAKE PM2 that should not be recycled back into their inventory.. but it seemed to fall on deaf (or maybe just apathetic) ears.. I have no doubt that fake PM2 made its way to the next poor b@stard.. It's a shame really. I suppose this sort of thing is a possibility anywhere, but I 've never had an issue ordering from Spyderco's authorized dealers list, so that's what I try to stick with..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am
but it seemed to fall on deaf (or maybe just apathetic) ears.. I have no doubt that fake PM2 made its way to the next poor b@stard.. It's a shame really.
The CS reps are not empowered to do anything other than process the return or exchange. In some cases, they do not work directly for the retailer.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am
DSH007 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am
but it seemed to fall on deaf (or maybe just apathetic) ears.. I have no doubt that fake PM2 made its way to the next poor b@stard.. It's a shame really.
The CS reps are not empowered to do anything other than process the return or exchange. In some cases, they do not work directly for the retailer.
Haha maybe so, but I'd have a lot more faith in the company if they at least pretended to care.. or hired people who did..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..