High Speed Native

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

High Speed Native

Post by z1r »

Found this on Ebay, all the pics taken on the Highway!

That's some high speed steel for sure!

bgcameron

Re: High Speed Native

Post by bgcameron »

I applaud their multi-tasking abilities.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Cool knife! I have the same one, great EDC.

Please put it away while you're driving and focus in the road. It's not just your life in danger, it's everybody around you.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
z1r

Post by z1r »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 pm
Cool knife! I have the same one, great EDC.

Please put it away while you're driving and focus in the road. It's not just your life in danger, it's everybody around you.
Not me taking the pics, it's the Ebay seller that took them. I'm not quite that stoopid! :D Agree with your thoughts though!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

z1r wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 pm
Not me taking the pics, it's the Ebay seller that took them. I'm not quite that stoopid! :D Agree with your thoughts though!
Ah got it, my bad man!

I'm on a VW forum as well, which is mostly old geeks who like their turbo-diesel engines. Every once in awhile a kid comes in and posts a pic of his VW driving 120+ on the freeway and we all shame him mercilessly - "wrong crowd, ********."

Similarly, I feel like the Spyderco crowd is a bit more intelligent and reasonable than a lot of the knife world, and I was surprised to see something like this here.
Last edited by kennethsime on Tue May 11, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:44 pm
I feel like the Spyderco crowd is a bit more intelligent and reasonable than a lot of the knife world.
From what I've observed, that seems to be the case. That seller may have a degree of intelligence, but he comes up short in the common sense department. Good thing it's unlikely he had to shift when taking the photos...and if the knife is truly new and immaculate, why not just take pictures of it at home?!
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
z1r

Post by z1r »

kennethsime wrote:
z1r wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 pm
Ah got it, my bad man!

I'm on a VW forum as well, which is mostly old geeks who like their turbo-diesel engines. Every once in awhile a kid comes in and posts a pic of his VW driving 120+ on the freeway and we all shame him mercilessly - "wrong crowd, ********."

Similarly, I feel like the Spyderco crowd is a bit more intelligent and reasonable than a lot of the knife world, and I was surprised to see something like this here.
No worries, I probably could have worded my post better. It's all in fun. And I agree, I like this forum because, unlike so many others, people here are relatively civilized! :D
z1r

Post by z1r »

Dan In MI wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:54 pm
kennethsime wrote:
I feel like the Spyderco crowd is a bit more intelligent and reasonable than a lot of the knife world.
From what I've observed, that seems to be the case. That seller may have a degree of intelligence, but he comes up short in the common sense department. Good thing it's unlikely he had to shift when taking the photos...and if the knife is truly new and immaculate, why not just take pictures of it at home?!
I like the way you worded that. They probably got caught up in multitasking. However, probably best to multitask in cars when the cars learn to self-drive.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

High speed + 2 ton vehicle + distracted driving + no hands on the wheel + sharp blade.... What could go wrong?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Looks like someone from the IG/FB crowd for sure...
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet