Reveal 8 Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Reveal 8 Released!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

DerRock wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm
I'm intrigued to learn more about Sal's phrase "The Edge is a Ghost" and the meaning behind it.
And what is the meaning of this phrase? I do not understand.
It means that there things about it that cannot be understood or seen, at least not easily. You can scientifically study them but there is still something about them that is mysterious.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

I assume this reveal is light because they are behind. Covid has been hard on everybody.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 pm
DerRock wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:39 pm
I'm intrigued to learn more about Sal's phrase "The Edge is a Ghost" and the meaning behind it.
And what is the meaning of this phrase? I do not understand.
It means that there things about it that cannot be understood or seen, at least not easily. You can scientifically study them but there is still something about them that is mysterious.
Yes, that makes sense. But I also like Buddafucco explanation. Thank you!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Definitely digging that SE K390 police 4 - not a lot of special SE steels. the S35VN LW Resilience should be cool as well.

Like the pottery style edge is a ghost mug and of course am interested in more Mules.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Rather unexciting reveal for me. I kinda hoped for some surprises before blade show.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I'm somewhat surprised and dismayed at the responses to Spyderco's instagram post on the Reveal. The majority of the comments are extremely negative. Do people lose all sense of etiquette and reason when posting on social media?

A lot of it is trashing backlocks, FRN, Chinese manufacturing, and serrations. I recognize those things aren't trendy among "knife nerds" (besides maybe the Chinese mfg), but do they really think that their specific preferences mirror the market at large? I'm thinking especially of the comments along the line of "More stuff that no one is asking for".
bearfacedkiller

TenGrainBread wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:27 am
Do people lose all sense of etiquette and reason when posting on social media?
Yes.
-Darby
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I misread
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I’m surprised there isn’t a Police4 Lightweight Thin Blue Line CombinationEdge VG-10!

I’ve found CombinationEdge very useful in longer blades like my Military S30V/G-10 from 2005 which is still running strong.

Love the little ManBug Wharncliffe SpyderEdge for the keychain. It has a bit of a straight edge at the tip for opening packages. This model would be ideal with LC200N like my Salt2 LightWeight LC200N Wharncliffe SpyderEdge Green FRN.
Last edited by RamZar on Fri May 14, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

RamZar wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:03 am
I’m surprised there isn’t a Police4 Lightweight Thin Blue Line CombinationEdge VG-10!

I’ve found CombinationEdge very useful in longer blades like my Military S30V/G-10 from 2005 which is still running strong.

Love the little ManBug Wharncliffe SpyderEdge for the keychain. It has a bit of a straight edge at the tip for opening packages. This model would be ideal with LC200N like my Salt2 LightWeight LC200N SpyderEdge Green FRN.
I bet it's still happening. The thread from last year over on the other forums about getting a Police 4 with the swedge... Sal was discussing the blue line and the motto and which edge type and now this line up comes out. Maybe in the next reveal? :)
•• Beau
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

I think some people are forgetting how many Dealer Exclusives have been dropping.

I am buying a K390 Police SE as soon as possible! Can't possibly imagine how hard it was to serrate K390. The big thing is revisions to the whole Seki FRN line is a huge change for a manufacturer. Also Golden is switching up base steels which is a huge.

Spyderco is really going for it! Lots of things to make a good product, changing the starting point shift everything.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
David R

Post by David R »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:12 am
NCC-2893 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 pm
DFD04 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:33 pm
I appreciate Spyderco’s love for the blue and the red...somethings never change.
Especially during these unpopular times. They could easy just be silent and sell knives and sharpeners. Yet they double down on police models and themes. Their public support means a lot.
100%! Could not agree with you more. All the more reason to love the company. :thumbsup:
Came here just to write this. So glad to see these special versions for police and firefighters. Going to get a couple of SE Rescues. Maybe the wife will re-think her duty knife.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too! Believe me the support from Spyderco and you all is greatly appreciated!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
LSUisSEC

Post by LSUisSEC »

Any idea when the mule will drop?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

LSUisSEC wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:33 pm
Any idea when the mule will drop?

There are two Mules in the Mule train and usually the lower model number is released first:

1. Mule Team Z-Max PM MT29P (USA)
  2. Mule Team Z-Wear PM MT30P (USA)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
LSUisSEC

Post by LSUisSEC »

Looking to get my first and make some scales. Hot the itch after making my first pair of single action revolver grips. And you cant beat that price