Blade HQ M4/Jade Rock Lobster

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GarageBoy

Re: Blade HQ M4/Jade Rock Lobster

Post by GarageBoy »

Did these have super thick blade stock, which was popular Anso (or was it Voxnaes) at the time?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

GarageBoy wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:17 pm
Did these have super thick blade stock, which was popular Anso (or was it Voxnaes) at the time?
Nope, is say probably 2.5mm.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I wish they’d do a Pingo in this set up, Anso’s best design IMO
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Interestingly, I just got a notification from the Spyderco App about when these were dropping. I don't ever remember getting notifications about exclusives before.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Cool, but I’m not a fan of liner locks, so more for the rest of youns. ;)
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:19 pm
Interestingly, I just got a notification from the Spyderco App about when these were dropping. I don't ever remember getting notifications about exclusives before.
Earlier today they announced on Instagram that due to social media policy changes, all dealer exclusives will now be announced on the app.
•• Beau
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Earlier today they announced on Instagram that due to social media policy changes, all dealer exclusives will now be announced on the app.
Oh okay. I'm not on Instagram.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Via @spyderco_inc Instagram account -

https://www.instagram.com/p/COx9yrKrOR3/

"Dealer exclusive announcements are moving to the Spyderco app! Free to download on Android and iOS, it’s a go-to resource for all things Spyderco. #spyderco #spydercoknives #spydercoapp"

Some further information was provided in comments section of that post
@spyderco_inc via Instagram wrote:"Unfortunately, due to recent changes in the branded content partnership policies of major social media platforms we've been left with no choice but to move these announcements. It's new policies and stricter enforcement from IG and FB. They've flagged our Exclusive Posts as being a branded partnership and they have some strict rules about what those kinds of posts can include. Unfortunately, knives (with the exception of culinary), are against their rules. We discovered that our last several exclusive posts were essentially shadow banned by IG. So rather than risk our entire profile being removed, we're moving this one piece of our social media posts to our app - where we have no restrictions."
-Nick :bug-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

And the noose tightens. Unbelievable.

Well no, it's believable. Sigh.
~David
Danke

Post by Danke »

I actually like the idea of all the dealer exclusives coming to me via the app instead of me having to watch however many other social median accounts across twitter, FB, IG and whatever else.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I really liked getting that spyderco app exclusive notification. I don't have any social media apps anymore. I check the Instagram website infrequently.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Danke wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 pm
I actually like the idea of all the dealer exclusives coming to me via the app instead of me having to watch however many other social median accounts across twitter, FB, IG and whatever else.
This is how i feel about it also.
I wonder if we'll get notifications for exclusives from the non-authorized dealers though?
•• Beau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'll just hang here for all you guys to let me know when something is coming :cool:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Wow, I didn’t think they would ever bring this back.

Not wild about the scales. Wonder if they will do a regular run later? Would love to see the original color with whatever steel (VG-10 is just fine, though this screams LC200N) at a lower price point. $230 isn’t a surprising price, but I dunno if I’ll pull the trigger at that price. Probably rather get a Native Chief if I’m buying a new big knife.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Rit Dye will take care of the scales, but M4 is too rust prone for me in my climate. However, I do look forward to others posting when they get theirs.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

This is one of the only liner lock knives I've considered purchasing.

Maybe...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

zhyla wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:08 am
Wow, I didn’t think they would ever bring this back.

It's almost as if they're looking at the catalog trying to hand pick models that have come and gone and secondary prices have gone up.

I was set on ordering until that reveal dropped. Now I may need to do some harder prioritizing.
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I think I'm going to have to pass on this today, which really is surprising to say. It's a model I've wanted to see in some kind of production again for years, but I just have almost no interest in plain edge at all anymore and I know if I buy one it'll just sit in the box. I haven't used my original in years :(
~David
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:01 am
I think I'm going to have to pass on this today, which really is surprising to say. It's a model I've wanted to see in some kind of production again for years, but I just have almost no interest in plain edge at all anymore and I know if I buy one it'll just sit in the box. I haven't used my original in years :(

This is how I feel about G10 anymore. I rarely carry anything other FRN, and if I do I'd rather it be Micarta.

This one is also a pass for me
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

I hope this release is a success. We've seen the Phoenix, Slysz Bowie, and now the Rock Lobster come back from the dead. If this goes well, we may see more dormant releases make an appearance in the future.