Province or Bradley bowie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
malice

Province or Bradley bowie

Post by malice »

Hi everyone,

I'm going to need you guys' advice:
I'm looking at getting a new fixed blade.
And the Province and Bradley bowie both cost the same on my local retailer.

At the same price point, which one would you get ?

(Or would you just get a street beat LW?)
Burton Knut

Re: Province or Bradley bowie

Post by Burton Knut »

Get the Bradley while you can and then get the others later. All great, but all very different.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

You should be able to get the bowie cheaper than the province but whatever.

I like the province more. It gets my vote.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

What do you plan to do with it? Province is larger and heavier. And should be more expensive. If it's for a camp knife and hard landscape use, the Province. If it's for hiking the bowie (or something smaller still). And if your local dealer has them for the same price something is amiss. Should be seeing closeout pricing on the bowie. Suggest checking prices online.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Bowie is past the initial discounted discontinued pricing and is in the marked up discontinued pricing. The discontinued model roller-coaster if you will
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
malice

Post by malice »

Spook410 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:39 pm
What do you plan to do with it? Province is larger and heavier. And should be more expensive. If it's for a camp knife and hard landscape use, the Province. If it's for hiking the bowie (or something smaller still). And if your local dealer has them for the same price something is amiss. Should be seeing closeout pricing on the bowie. Suggest checking prices online.
Hiking and outdoors mostly, and as an addition to my bow River, aqua salt and South fork.

And here in Europe, we sadly don't see a lot of the big discounts. :rolleyes:
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

If this were my money, I would get the Province, but only because it’s a simple, functioning, design that caters to my preferences and offers a unique steel to sweeten the recipe.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I prefer the Province, of those two.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I haven’t held a Province but it looks like a great blade, I have a Bradley Bowie and love it, great design and good steel(D2). I’ve used it hard and even baton firewood with it for kindling.
Josh
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I have the Province and there is no doubt that it is one of the best knives that I own.

These knives are totally different and I'd like to own the both of them!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have both. I prefer the Province.

This is a strange choice to make though. These are two very different knives.

The Bradley is a hunting knife that can double as a wilderness knife. I have broke down some larger animals with it and it worked well. I don’t love the upswept tip or the huge ricasso. I do like the ergonomics of it and while the grind is a bit thick, especially at the tip, you can beat the snot out of it. I have batonned mine a lot.

The Province is much larger and is more of a camp knife and survival knife. It isn’t a dedicated chopper but will easily out chop the Bradley. If I was stuck in the woods I would take the Province. It would be much better at shelter building. It would clearly be better for self defense. It is better looking. Around a campsite it can double as a kitchen knife. I would say that it is kind of big for hiking if you are concerned about weight.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
malice

Post by malice »

So the Bradley's in the mail.

And the Province to the top of my wishlist 😊
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

BRADLEY
"Some call me...Tim?"