Choosing a new Spidey ain't easy!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Re: Choosing a new Spidey ain't easy!

Post by Mr Blonde »

If you'd consider going a little larger even, you might also want to consider a ligthweight Para 3 - I love this design and find many similarities to the Dragonfly 2; very light and easy to carry, lefty-carry clip option etc... and very slicy.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I find that making the Golden, CO USA made models to be great models to purchase when wanting a new Spyder to add to the arsenal. Or you can never go wrong with most of the models in the Salt Series if you truly need a new blade for your job.

Those are two great places to start from. And it's my firm belief that every serious knife user needs at least one good, full SE Hawkbill to add to your growing list of tools.

And always ask yourself what you "NEED" versus what you "WANT". Unless you're an avid collector then the rules change completely.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Tgmr05 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm
Here are a couple pics to help.
The pictures were extremely helpful. I set my Dragonfly on top of the phone and made the picture close to actual size. That allowed me to see that, of those three, the Salt is about the size I'm after. Ideally, I'd handle a Chaparral before buying.
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:07 am
And always ask yourself what you "NEED" versus what you "WANT". Unless you're an avid collector then the rules change completely.
I am a collector. My criteria for adding a knife to the collection are simple: it retains utility and visual appeal, and I like it.

It's still looking like Delica or Endura, then something with SE, and hopefully pre-order the K390 Delica. Thanks again to all for the help.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4