Spyderco shopping on Amazon - experiences

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DansGearAddiction

Re: Spyderco shopping on Amazon - experiences

Post by DansGearAddiction »

Ordered an S110V UKPK on a whim and got a BD1N version. I sent it back.

I'll order from knife-specific retailers going forward.
Current Collection
Chaparral (LW, Stepped, Stealth, Sun & Moon), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)
MotoBro

Post by MotoBro »

My first Spyderco knives were from Amazon. I had never held or even seen one in person before so I took a gamble and bought a Military, a PM2 and a Para 3 Lightweight from Amazon all at the same time. I wasn’t sure which one was going to be the right size for me so I got all 3 at once. Fortunately all of them were legit with no issues. I’ve heard of people getting fakes from Amazon but if that actually happens you can get a refund from Amazon. It also says who’s actually selling it on Amazon and it’s often BladeHQ or another reputable dealer.

I also ordered a ZDP-189 Dragonfly on Amazon that was being sold through a reputable dealer (Deadwood Knives) but it didn’t arrive for over a week after it was supposed to. Amazon gave me the option to request a refund and I took it because I thought it was lost in the mail. But it eventually showed up after I got my refund so it was essentially a free knife.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I was made aware of the below story earlier today:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/11/chine ... om-amazon/

The gist: some sellers have recently had their selling privileges yanked over inferior and counterfeit goods and bogus reviews. Makes me feel very slightly better about buying from Amazon
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
chrisb507

Post by chrisb507 »

I've purchased 25+ Spydercos from Amazon over the years (especially before MAP, which started in 2016) and through their third-party dealers. The only issue I ever had is that I ordered a Native 5, and got a Native 4. I returned it. The same thing happened again and eventually I got the right knife and a free Native 4.

You can still occasionally find a good deal on Amazon for disco'd models. Late last year, I nabbed a Q Ball for $99.