Lefty’s for Righty’s

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dazen

Lefty’s for Righty’s

Post by Dazen »

I’m right handed but I actually enjoy operating liner locks with my left hand better. Mainly due to the hole access (spydie flick) on some models and the way I close them. The downside to this is if I carry the knife in my left pocket and open and close it with my left hand I still have to switch it to my right hand to use. Does anyone carry a lefty knife in their right pocket?

I wouldn’t normally advocate for this, but I would love to see a Sprint or Exclusive in a left handed liner lock model like the Military.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
GiftedMisfit

Re: Lefty’s for Righty’s

Post by GiftedMisfit »

Dazen wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:52 am

I wouldn’t normally advocate for this, but I would love to see a Sprint or Exclusive in a left handed liner lock model like the Military.
THIS.. as a lefty I would love a sprint dedicated to us lefties. I know its wishful thinking. Ah well a man can dream.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Liner locks, no. Compression locks, yes. The only comp lock knife I carry right handed is my lefty Para2. All the other "right handed" comp lock knives get carried portside if they get carried at all.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

I’m a lefty but I always carry my knife in my left pocket. What I would really like to see is either a lefty liner lock or lefty frame lock.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

Dazen wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:52 am
I carry the knife in my left pocket and open and close it with my left hand I still have to switch it to my right hand to use.
I used to do exactly the opposite of this when I first started using folding knives. Knife in R pocket, open with R hand, transfer to L hand to cut, then back to R hand to close and back in pocket. I'm left-handed but was mostly ambidextrous until an adult due to most things being right-handed. I'm better now :cool:

Also, uh, am I misunderstanding, or you are asking for a lefty Military? Which already exists?

Nate

Post by Nate »

spoonrobot wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 am
Also, uh, am I misunderstanding, or you are asking for a lefty Military? Which already exists?

I think you missed the “sprint or exclusive” part. :)
:spyder:
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Lefty here. I carry everything in the left pocket. "Right handed" liner/frame locks or compression locks don't bother me a bit, just got used to them. I have to be able to put the pocket clip in the correct spot for me, which is usually tip up. If a knife only has a tip down option, I leave the pocket clip on the "right handed" side and carry with the spyder hole facing the back of my pocket.

The only left handed knives I have are Chris Reeves. The right handed tip up position is just too awkward for me when carried in a left pocket.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035