RIT dye ideas??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JohnLD

RIT dye ideas??

Post by JohnLD »

First post, still trying to figure out how this forum works. So I apologize if this has been asked already. But I have a yojimbo coming in the mail, satin blade, comes with black scales and jade scales so I want to dye the jade scales. Was hoping to get some inspiration. Anyone have a dyed satin yoji they can show off?
Michael Janich

Re: RIT dye ideas??

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear JohnLD:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!

Stay safe,

Mike
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

That (jade scales) model is sort of a collectible, and if you think you'll ever want to sell it, you might want to keep the jade scales to swap back on (for collector value) at that point.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

IF you are planning on keeping it around, I'd suggest a pale blue or purple. Those seem to work well with jade g10, keeping the see through-itude and such.

But as mentioned by TomAiello it'll tank potential resale value, I'd carry it for a few weeks before deciding on a modding project. I can tell you from experience, it's better to sit on a knife you may not like aesthetically for a bit than deck out a knife to your specifications only to find out it's not for you. Give it a sec.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v