Sticker Scavenger Hunt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Sticker Scavenger Hunt

Post by Mushroom »

I saw a post from Spyderco on social media but not on here, figured I would share the message here on the forums too. The post was detailing a scavenger hunt for a Spyderco Sticker only active for the next 72 hours!

@Spyderco_Inc - "Want a free Spyderco decal? Scan the QR code on the cover of the 2021 Product Guide and check out the interactive timeline. Then, follow the link provided in the timeline to answer a trivia question and sign up for your free decal. This giveaway is only available for the next 72 hours, so get yours while you can! #spyderco #spydercoknives #timelinetrivia"

Sticker = 5"x2"

It requires a smart phone with a camera and a 2021 catalog. The QR code leads you to an interactive augmented reality timeline about Spyderco's history. It's actually pretty cool and definitely worth the quick read. The trivia question is one simple question at the end regarding the information on the timeline. Easy enough for a cool sticker. :cool: :spyder:

(or if you don't have a 2021 catalog here is the QR code ;) )

-Nick :bug-red
eRoc

Re: Sticker Scavenger Hunt

Post by eRoc »

Did they ever send out stickers when we downloaded and took a screenshot of the android app? That may have been over a year ago but just realized I never got that sticker.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

eRoc wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Did they ever send out stickers when we downloaded and took a screenshot of the android app? That may have been over a year ago but just realized I never got that sticker.
I got the sticker from that. I believe this is the same sticker from that promotion. Now is a good (second) chance to get one! ;)
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

That was cool! I got my dates for the endura/delica correct, pretty funny but I have quite a short term memory problem and it's great when I get something right that was just a passing read a few minutes ago LOL. Hoping to get that nice sticker soon!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Very cool! The stickers going to look good on the beer fridge. :D Thanks Spyderco! :spyder:
•• Beau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

This reminded me that I never received hard copy of the catalog like I usually do. I didn't get the last reveal either

The sticker in the picture is the same as the one previously sent except as pictured there's more blips. The dimensions are correct so what's actually received is the shorter version. Mine resides on the back window of my car. The color is perfect for my black car with red accents

Chances are Kristi was going to post this here on the forum like she usually does but Nick beat her to it :)
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cali HogHead

Post by Cali HogHead »

Thanks for passing this along.
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:42 pm
This reminded me that I never received hard copy of the catalog like I usually do. I didn't get the last reveal either

The sticker in the picture is the same as the one previously sent except as pictured there's more blips. The dimensions are correct so what's actually received is the shorter version. Mine resides on the back window of my car. The color is perfect for my black car with red accents

Chances are Kristi was going to post this here on the forum like she usually does but Nick beat her to it :)

I didn’t receive my hard copy either until I sent another request for one, now I have one. For some reason my first request didn’t go through. You might have to request another.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:42 pm

:D LOL
I had thought about that and was reluctant to even make this thread but the post I saw was 3 hours old and I hadn't seen it on the forums yet. Which I then thought, maybe it wasn't meant for the forums in the first place. :confused:

I definitely didn't mean to step on any toes by posting this here and I would absolutely not be offended if the thread needs to be deleted. :spyder:

Also, I haven't received my 2021 Catalog yet either but I also can't remember if I ever requested one. I'll have to do that now.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I saw this. Thank you Kristi, for this bit of fun!

My 2021 catalogue arrived a couple of weeks ago, but was missing the free Magnacut Slycz Bowie 2021 forum knife I was hoping for.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

eRoc wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Exactly this ^^ I even reached out via email to say I never received mine due to a move that took place right after (address change) and still haven't received mine. I believe I was on the first page of the thread for it as well.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Thanks Spyderco for the sticker!

The hardest question asked though was “What’s your favorite knife?”
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Cool! I sometimes don't pay quite enough attention to the social media stuff.. appreciate the heads up on this, Nick!

I haven't received my hardcopy catalog yet either.. I've been wondering on that. Pretty sure it came later in the year last year as well.. no worries on my end.. I think I've forgotten if I've signed up and then re-signed up for it about three times at this point hahah I'm sure at least one of those copies will make it out to me..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..