Legit website

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gabrielgartner

Legit website

Post by gabrielgartner »

First post!

I found a para 2 with digital camo scales at this website, but I haven’t heard of it. Is it legit?

https://www.huntingknifemart.com/paramilitary-2/

Thank you
TazKristi

Re: Legit website

Post by TazKristi »

gabrielgartner wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:47 am
First post!

I found a para 2 with digital camo scales at this website, but I haven’t heard of it. Is it legit?

https://www.huntingknifemart.com/paramilitary-2/

Thank you
Hey, garbrielgarner:
Welcome to our forum. I would highly recommend that you steer clear of that website. It appears to be yet another version of a known counterfeit site. IF you received anything, it would most likely be a counterfeit.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yowza! I'd have a lot less money in my account right now if that were a legit site!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Fake for sure! Steer clear!

Stick with authorized dealers like DLT Trading, Cutlery Shoppe, St Nicks Knives, and others. Deals can be had on bladeforums.com but you have to be quick and there is never much listed any any one time. Deals can be had on eBay if you use some common sense and avoid obvious scammers.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

My advice would be to use the Spyderco dealer locator and only order from authorized dealers. This way you know you are getting a legit knife.

https://www.spyderco.com/resources/dealer-locator/
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I am very skeptical when it comes to sites like this. They have no physical address or phone # listed on their contact page, or returns page. They do have 2 pages small print of terms and conditions. No address, no money, from me at least. Of course the above advice holds true too, especially use the Spyderco dealer locator.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Any website that has past sprint runs or exclusives available is automatically sketchy...then at lower prices than standard models, instant red flag.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Here’s a legit site with a couple of para2’s on there:

https://newgraham.com/store/search.asp? ... ilitary%20*
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:38 pm
Any website that has past sprint runs or exclusives available is automatically sketchy...then at lower prices than standard models, instant red flag.
That’s one of those if it’s too good to be true it probably not true.
MRj “Weak things break!”
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

Is www.knivesandtools.com legitimate website?

Phone number seems from Netherlands, when I do a dealer search for knivesandtools.com, it gives me another dealer name and webpage from Netherlands.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

pantagana23 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:21 am

Phone number seems from Netherlands, when I do a dealer search for knivesandtools.com, it gives me another dealer name and webpage from Netherlands.
I have bought at www.knivesandtools.de (since I'm from Germany) without any problem. It's legit.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

pantagana23 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:21 am

100%! KT and Lamnia are two of the go to dealers for Europeans and other internationals.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Hey, garbrielgarner:
Welcome to our forum. I would highly recommend that you steer clear of that website. It appears to be yet another version of a known counterfeit site. IF you received anything, it would most likely be a counterfeit.

Kristi
Hello Kristi,

I know the list of authorized dealers is available on the webpage, but could you help in listing suspicios sites for which you know are problematic/fraud?

I remember a couple of months back someone saying they paid for some Spyderco on a certain site, which ended up as as scam site.

This info would most useful, and would spare us of long googling if the certain vendor is fraud/selling fakes or not.
araneae

Post by araneae »

The easiest way to avoid the scam sites is to buy from authorized dealers. It takes just seconds to check, or just read forum posts here where we talk about legit vendors every day.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

araneae wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:19 pm
The easiest way to avoid the scam sites is to buy from authorized dealers. It takes just seconds to check, or just read forum posts here where we talk about legit vendors every day.
I agree. But sometimes if you want an old sprint run (I was looking at CF N5 S90V), and especially if you live in Europe like me, so do not have all the big vendors available (since pandemic happened, almost noone wants to ship to Europe), then you have to do your research.

For me, it was less expensive to order from US site and pay all the taxes than go to i.e. Lamnia.

But even this is changing now; customs started to put taxes over the bill of everything (goods+transport), as opposed to before, when just goods were taxed.

Wish Spydeco would have a warehouse in Europe...
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

pantagana23 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:49 am
TazKristi wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Hey, garbrielgarner:

Kristi
Hello Kristi,

I know the list of authorized dealers is available on the webpage, but could you help in listing suspicios sites for which you know are problematic/fraud?

I remember a couple of months back someone saying they paid for some Spyderco on a certain site, which ended up as as scam site.

This info would most useful, and would spare us of long googling if the certain vendor is fraud/selling fakes or not.
Hi, pantagana23:
We're aware of some, but honestly, your best resource is to check here on the forum. Unfortunately, it's not possible for us to know all of the questionable sites, but our community here usually has a ton of good information. If you question the legitimacy of a site, search the forum to see if it's come up before. If it hasn't, I would post a question to the community and see what others may know.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.