KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Post by SG89 »

awa54 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:10 pm
Bdubs808 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:41 am
Did anyone mention those scales also resemble the N64?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/EPPNDrw.jpg[/img

I'll always think of this knife as the M64 now ;)
M64 is the best spydie nickname I've seen on here since Shaboy lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Menipo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks for the explanation, David. I have been convinced by a couple of forumites to add a M2LW to my collection. I was seriously considering the SPY27 version till i saw this thread. The price of the KnifeJoker traslucent 20cv + shippment + taxes and import duties when it enters the custom territory of the European Union is similar to the price of a SPY27 version acquired at one of the European online stores. 3 euros (4.60 USD) higher to be precise.

I think I'll go for the SPY27 because I already have a 20cv blade in my collection.

As to ZDP 189, it is out of my radar screen, poor (or lower) corrosion resistance is a game stopper for me. :D

I also want to try SPY27, I had been hoping to kill two birds with one stone and get the Mule, but it was insta-gone.
I suppose I could get *another* M2LW (I do really like the color), but then I'd have four, on top of uh... "several" G10 M2s!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

The FOMO got me...I just ordered one.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Well. If there was ever proof that this forum is a detriment to my financial well being,

I bought one...
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:59 pm
If there was ever proof that this forum is a detriment to my financial well being,

I bought one...
Ain't that the truth! I'm probably gonna have to impose a period of being happy with what I have before the end of this month.
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
Hopsbreath

You wore me down, I’m in!

Post by Hopsbreath »

Couldn’t hold off any longer — this’ll be my first Manix LW. I own the XL and it’s honestly bigger than my use really needs so I never carry it. A backlock Manix was still bulkier than I prefer for EDC and became my dad’s work knife as a handyman. This steel and handle in the lightweight model look really good, I think I’ll finally have a Manix fit for my use.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Dan In MI wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 pm
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:59 pm
If there was ever proof that this forum is a detriment to my financial well being,

I bought one...
Ain't that the truth! I'm probably gonna have to impose a period of being happy with what I have before the end of this month.
Amen brother! Though I really want something in Maxamet!
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Best packed knife EVER!

And a fantastic M2LW as well, super sharp out of the box with excellent lock and pivot action.

It's also my first translucent FRN/FRCP knife, IMO the "mint with a hint of blue" is a great color.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

awa54 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:42 am
IMO the "mint with a hint of blue" is a great color.
Based solely off the pictures I've seen, it looks teal to me. Seeing it in the flesh will be great!
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Loving mine! On top of all the characteristics that make the Manix a great user, mine came centered and with a nearly drop shutty action and no discernable blade play. And those translucent mystic green handles are just so neat and fun :D
653836809.jpg
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I really like this one. It's a keeper for sure.
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

LynchNW deep carry clip just came in. Very nice; always been impressed by Casey's products.

z1r

Post by z1r »

I like that clip. I may have to get one, I like deep carry so the knife is less visible in the Office.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Skywalker wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 am
LynchNW deep carry clip just came in. Very nice; always been impressed by Casey's products.

I’m planning on doing something similar. How did you get that screw off, and then on again tight? I’ve had two lw manixes (manixs’? Manai?) and I had trouble with the clip screw on both.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

According to the shipping number mine is now in Canada? Hope it's just a detour for sightseeing and not a mistake by anyone. All these very positive reprots make me a little impatient, and it does not help to see, that the direction it takes, is not the right one...
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 pm
Skywalker wrote:
I’m planning on doing something similar. How did you get that screw off, and then on again tight? I’ve had two lw manixes (manixs’? Manai?) and I had trouble with the clip screw on both.
The male screw came out just fine. The female (domed, no torx head) has a flat side that keys into the FRN to prevent rotation, and it was in there tight. I knocked it out with a punch.

Go really light with the punch and if possible use a nylon one instead of steel; you don't want to ding the female side and then have trouble getting the male to fit back into it.

No issues putting it back together after that!
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Skywalker wrote:

Oh yeah, I have one of those clips en route right now, with the stonewashed finish. Looks good on that LW.
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:27 pm
Skywalker wrote:
Oh yeah, I have one of those clips en route right now, with the stonewashed finish. Looks good on that LW.
I was looking at a more colorful one, but then I decided that the scales were colorful enough on this model, hah.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

^The decision I need to make is whether or not to install on the Manix, or my OG Slysz Bowie. Might have to buy a second one if the vibe is right.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Mine is supposed to arrive on Friday, I can't wait. I think I will have to get one of those deep carry clips for it too.