KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dan In MI

Re: KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Post by Dan In MI »

Mrj wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:19 pm
Still available. Crazy
Guess my FOMO wasn't justified.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Dan In MI wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:24 pm
Mrj wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:19 pm
Still available. Crazy
Guess my FOMO wasn't justified.
i've let several manix models pass by and i've regretted all of them. this may end up being one of them. i bought my m2lw in xhp about this late in the run a few years back and it was gone soon after. i'm really glad i was able to get it because it's my favorite knife.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
z1r

Post by z1r »

I'd say, if you didn't get one yet, do it! It's a solid knife and I've been using it in the kitchen all day. Love how I can get all four fingers on the handle but can also choke up on it with the finger choil. I've been sharpening kitchen knives throughout the day and comparing them to the M2.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:28 pm
i've let several manix models pass by and i've regretted all of them. this may end up being one of them.
That being the case, I hope you're able to get one.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
ncspyderfan

Post by ncspyderfan »

Smoothed out the spine jimping a bit on mine and now it’s great. I sold my first manix LW because the jimping tore up some pockets. Really glad I took the chance to just smooth it out a bit because this is a great knife. Mine is centered and intermittently smooth. Sometimes it drops other times it hangs up but I imagine that will all smooth out over time.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I was able to put a spare para 3 lw clip on this manix. I’m going back to the original clip because the para 3 clip puts the clip pressure in a higher spot on the scale where it isn’t smooth. Meaning that it’s now a pocket destroyer…
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

They were still available last night. I've been wanting to replace a Para2 I lost last week and have taken a refresher on line looking at sooo much info on Spyderco knives and steels. My daughter lit up when I mentioned a translucent teal knife. But this isn't for my daughter. Being 73 and a VN vet, translucent teal just does not do for me what it does for younger folks. I came close, mostly because of the upgraded steel but in the end I went with a lightweight black in BD1N and hope I'll be happy. Being retired my knives don't work as hard as they used to and honestly, I never used the PM2 in S30V hard enough to wear the edge. Just played with light touch ups. Another thought was that if I gave it away to one of the kids, and it had a tough steel to sharpen, then they would have to go through the same learning curve I have. Not everyone wants to do that. I still remember when guys at work would ask me to sharpen their Buck 110s back in the late '70s, early '80s. That may be when I discovered Lansky diamonds. Now that I have diamond plates and Spyderco ceramics I will probably try something alot harder one of these days just for the fun of it. Probably not in translucent though :)
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

So I was carrying something else today and left the 20CV Manix LW on my dresser. This evening, my wife makes a comment out of the blue about liking the color and the design of that new knife I just got...

Yeah, I just ordered a second one for her. :rolleyes:

She already has a G10 Native 5, a Benchmade 586BK (that she never carries, because it's "too nice"), a Kershaw Camber, and an Opinel mushroom knife with the hook blade and brush, so the LW Manix should be a nice, slightly larger addition to her little collection. She's always been tolerant of the hobby on my part but it's fun when she gets into it herself a little too. :)

And the second one was a few bucks cheaper with the reward points from the first!
ncspyderfan

Post by ncspyderfan »

My wife also noticed this one and likes the color and really likes the translucence. “Wife approved” could become a selling point on this one.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Unboxed mine yesterday, it’s friggin’ perfect. Perfectly centered, Spyderco sharp, and the action is smooth as glass. Glad this one has hung around for a little while — it was great impulse buy.

Edit: Aaaand it’s gone! Looks like the last one has sold.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:03 pm
Unboxed mine yesterday, it’s friggin’ perfect. Perfectly centered, Spyderco sharp, and the action is smooth as glass. Glad this one has hung around for a little while — it was great impulse buy.

Edit: Aaaand it’s gone! Looks like the last one has sold.
Indeed, one of the better impulse buys I've made.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Yep, sold out already on the website.

Congrats to the owner of TKJ for risking it on this knife.

I did not get one in the end, because although I really love Manixes, the ones I have barely get any pocket time anymore because the Manix simply takes too much space in my pockets. And the pinned construction still bothers me.

It was a very serious decision though. The very reasonable price and the amazing translucent bluegreen color was very tempting. But I was afraid I might be spending hard earned bucks only for it to just languish inside my knife box.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I bought the Milwaukee for the clip and put the clip in the knife. It fits perfectly, looks good, and contacts the scales on the flat smooth area. The para 3 lw clip was a pocket eater, this combination isn’t. I’d recommend NOT replacing the manix lw clip with the Spyderco deep carry clip.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I've been playing with different clips on my knives for a while now, especially the Manix series. On the G10 model, I find that a deep carry clip makes it a bit difficult to get a grip on the handle. And I have to go digging the knife out of my pocket instead of just pulling it. On the LW, I've used the deep carry wire clip from the Dragonfly, and even from the Cat. Both just didn't work for me because the clip landed on the Bi Directional Texturing (as was previously noted in this thread) and also had the same issue of not getting a good grip on the handle.
On the PM2 with a Lynch clip there is just the right amount of handle to grasp.
I've been carrying this green Manix almost everyday, it looks so much better than my brown XHP version.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Finally, it made its way to me. Took a little while but now it is here.
Centering is near to perfect. Action is smooth out of the box, I'm curious how it will develop over time. Absolutely no blade play in any direction. Came pretty sharp out of the box. The color is a very nice green, like it (I mean the color and the knife in general).

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Senfkarte wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:48 pm
Finally, it made its way to me. Took a little while but now it is here.
Centering is near to perfect. Action is smooth out of the box, I'm curious how it will develop over time. Absolutely no blade play in any direction. Came pretty sharp out of the box. The color is a very nice green, like it (I mean the color and the knife in general).

European Spydienuts have the patience of Job! I'm glad you were able to get one.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm
European Spydienuts have the patience of Job! I'm glad you were able to get one.
This time it took extra long. Somehow USPS thought Germany is located in Canada. So the knife traveled to Canada, back to the US and then to Germany. And it took time to realise, that Canada is the wrong country.
But now its here, so everything is fine.