KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Janich

Re: KnifeJoker translucent manix2 lw

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear T.L.E. Sharp:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!

Stay safe,

Mike
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

USPS has the package. Gonna take a bit to get out east to me. Guess that's what I get for choosing the free shipping. :p

If y'all get them sooner post up some pics while I wait for Friday!

(also looks like they're still available? Depending on how much my wife likes the color I might need to order another once mine gets in)
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Mine still has not shipped. DLT Trading has me spoiled!
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

T.J. wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 pm
Mine still has not shipped. DLT Trading has me spoiled!
Mine left CA today...looks like they are getting shipped. Hopefully here Friday, in CO.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm
i really love the manix 2 lw, but i'm not buying another one unless it's a salt and/or has screws instead of pins. honestly, i'm not crazy about the translucent handle either, but it's not the deal breaker for me.
Bolster wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:14 pm
I resisted with great effort. Waiting for the screw construction LW Manix.
I really wanted to resist. I even talked with Wartstein about pinned knives and that I won't buy a new/unused, pinned knife, a few days ago.
Now, look at me, sitting here, guilty of breaking my own rule. But better to break the rule on a pretty stainless steel, than a tool steel. I'm actually curious how I will like the Manix LW, but I had to try it now. How knows, when I would get a chance to buy a 20CV Manix again, without feeding a flipper on ebay. And I really wonder how the color will be under real light and not in a picture.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Senfkarte wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:18 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm
i really love the manix 2 lw, but i'm not buying another one unless it's a salt and/or has screws instead of pins. honestly, i'm not crazy about the translucent handle either, but it's not the deal breaker for me.
Bolster wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:14 pm
I resisted with great effort. Waiting for the screw construction LW Manix.
I really wanted to resist. I even talked with Wartstein about pinned knives and that I won't buy a new/unused, pinned knife, a few days ago.
Now, look at me, sitting here, guilty of breaking my own rule. But better to break the rule on a pretty stainless steel, than a tool steel. I'm actually curious how I will like the Manix LW, but I had to try it now. How knows, when I would get a chance to buy a 20CV Manix again, without feeding a flipper on ebay. And I really wonder how the color will be under real light and not in a picture.
as i stated in other posts, i really love the m2lw. it's actually my absolute favorite pocket knife. 20cv should be amazing and the color of this one even grew on me after looking at it over and over. if i didn't have a m2lw already, i probably would've bought this one, even though i don't like that it has pins. i think you're gonna love it.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
olywa

Post by olywa »

Spyderco does a good job on 20CV if my Mule is any indication. I should have mine by Thursday.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I bought one even though the pin design doesnt appeal to me.

The Manix 2 is a favorite of mine, Im looking forward to it.

I hope its more ocean green like Key West than blue
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:42 pm
as i stated in other posts, i really love the m2lw. it's actually my absolute favorite pocket knife. 20cv should be amazing and the color of this one even grew on me after looking at it over and over. if i didn't have a m2lw already, i probably would've bought this one, even though i don't like that it has pins. i think you're gonna love it.
I sure hope so. I really like or even love the G10 Manix.
Depending on shipping speed this will be the first or second Manix LW I will hold in my hands. Looking forward for the experience and impressions :D .
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm honestly surprised these are still available. i know a lot of us complain about the pins, but the manix is still a great knife and 20cv is pretty popular, i thought. it would be great if the m2lw got an update to get rid of the pins.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JMM

Post by JMM »

I got mine yesterday and it's probably the second sharpest OOTB that I've ever had, just an exceptional edge. However... I can *NOT* get it to properly flip open/drop shut no matter how much I loosen the pivot screws, I have a dozen G10 Manix2s and this is my 2nd LW Manix2, I've never seen anything like it, lube, loosening each side any amount it's strange, this is why I don't like pinned knives. Is anyone having similar challenges?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

JMM wrote: I got mine yesterday and it's probably the second sharpest OOTB that I've ever had, just an exceptional edge. However... I can *NOT* get it to properly flip open/drop shut no matter how much I loosen the pivot screws, I have a dozen G10 Manix2s and this is my 2nd LW Manix2, I've never seen anything like it, lube, loosening each side any amount it's strange, this is why I don't like pinned knives. Is anyone having similar challenges?
I wont know until tomorrow but I am curious how it will be. My rex45 manix ltwt is the same as yours. Its tighter than my other manix ltwt which will drop close. I can still easily flick the rex45 one though.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Mine is a little tighter than I’ve experienced with M2LWs in the past but it’s not overly tight. I can still flick it, but it's a hair too tight for drop close.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Mines actually perfect right out of the box.
Definitely not green though.
Attachments
20210507_154537.jpg
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Mine arrived last night. I can find no issues with it other than it is not blue like VoodChild's! Oh, I passed on the blue so many times thinking I'd have plenty of time to get one...
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
z1r

Post by z1r »

VooDooChild wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:47 pm
Mines actually perfect right out of the box.
Definitely not green though.
Sweet. That deal looks too good to pass up but I just came home with a Rex 45 version. Love those translucent scales though.
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Got mine in today. No play, centered, not quite free dropping but shakes closed. Good edge. Honestly couldn't make a better 1st impression for the LW Manix.

Lynch NW deep carry clip is ordered, and the wife made a comment about liking the color and how the blade on her Leatherman's been going dull too fast...might have to order a second!
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

This is my first Mainix LW. I have 3 G10 versions and the XL.

Perfect color on this one, just like a Key West Water like I hoped for. In the sun the transparent color comes through, In the house or a darker place, the color is more green, Not Blue at all as some pictures show.

Fit and finish is perfect. Blade centered, No vertical or horizontal blade play. It came very sharp. Action is good out of the box, not drop shut, but a slight flick of the wrist and it closes easily. I have not applied oil and I wont for a week or so.

After opening and closing many times, the action is getting smoother than before,,,,which was good

And some swag from The Knife Joker

awa54

Post by awa54 »

The USPS likes mine so much they decided to spend some quality time with it... Still hasn't left the first sorting center it got to days ago :(

I wonder if the spotty connectivity on KJ's web site is holding sales back? When I ordered my knife it was working well, but over the next few days I was unable to view the site on multiple occasions.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
olywa

Post by olywa »

I'll echo the experiences above, pretty much perfect on all counts. The color can be a bit of a chameleon depending on the light, but never disappoints.

I had pre-ordered a black deep carry clip from Spyderco. It's the wire clip from the Para 3 so a little short but that's fine with me. It also came with a black screw and pin so it matches the lock. Makes me wish that the pins and pivot were black as well but c'est la vie.

I have been carrying my S30 black DLC G10 Manix for the last couple of weeks and the new LW quickly reminded me of why I prefer it. Doesn't hurt that it's in 20CV either, a steel that's always been a superb performer for me. Color me happy on all counts.
Last edited by olywa on Sat May 08, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.