Roadie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Roadie

Post by z1r »

I was at the SFO this morning getting my MT 31 and some scales and they had some Roadies on hand. Truthfully, I never much cared for the look, but I'm a sucker for anything offered at a reduced price. Yes, I'm cheap. So I asked to see one, they had Blue, Black and Orange. I walked out with a blue version. Gotta say, I am super impressed. The way the action is, it feels almost like a locking knife, and the finger choil also helps to prevent unintended closing. Cutting edge length is practically the same as that of the Ladybug but the knife is slimmer. I love the way it disappears into a pocket.

I mostly prefer a locking blade but anyone that likes slip joints really ought to try one of these out!
Sonorum

Re: Roadie

Post by Sonorum »

I agree, thay are pretty amazing. I chose a Roadie when I didn't want to scare anyone and I doesn't feels as lacking as such a small knife could feel. Great ergos for something so tiny!
/ David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Oh man! I love the Roadie. It is my favorite small knife. It needs to come in serrated edge, though. I buy these and give them away as gifts because they are legal just about everywhere. I just got a coyote tan/brown version and have been putting it to use. I keep an orange one hanging by the door to open packages with now that we are getting so much stuff delivered. Great little design.

I have three, blue, orange, and coyote, currently and my eye on the olive. I have given away at least 10 of these little jewels in red and orange and black and always appreciated.

BTW, Sal is making a larger version with a little more point. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86237&hilit=Roadie+XL
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:36 pm
Oh man! I love the Roadie. It is my favorite small knife. It needs to come in serrated edge, though. I buy these and give them away as gifts because they are legal just about everywhere. I just got a coyote tan/brown version and have been putting it to use. I keep an orange one hanging by the door to open packages with now that we are getting so much stuff delivered. Great little design.

I have three, blue, orange, and coyote, currently and my eye on the olive. I have given away at least 10 of these little jewels in red and orange and black and always appreciated.

BTW, Sal is making a larger version with a little more point. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86237&hilit=Roadie+XL

I love the Roadie as well! If a SE happened it just might dethrone my Manbug Salt.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”