Kudos to Spyderco Customer Service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Kudos to Spyderco Customer Service

Post by Catamount123 »

I recently emailed to ask about getting a replacement clip screw for my Caribbean. Today, 3 screws and a small tube of Loctite showed up in my mailbox!
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Wartstein

Re: Kudos to Spyderco Customer Service

Post by Wartstein »

Same experiences here, concerning one time pivot- ,two time clip screws! (viewtopic.php?t=87651) :)

Great service.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Same, last year my old Endura was missing a clip screw. Contacted customer service, they asked for a photo and 3 days later had a new screw. Great service!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Yup, they were nice enough to do that for me as well. Love them.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

Kristi and the rest of the team (Kyle, Collin, Derek, etc.) are just amazing.

Three years ago, when reinstalling the clip on my C-44 Dyad (I had removed it many years before to put in the glove box when it became the knife on duty of my car), I realized that I had lost the 3 screws. I got in contact with the SFO by email and though the model had been discontinued many years ago, in less than a week I received the screws for free. Considering that I live in Europe, the shipping costs that Spyderco paid were not negligible ...

This year the story repeated. I bought a Meadowlark and when changing the position of the clip two screws failed. I contacted Kristi and in less than a week the screws had crossed the Atlantic and, again, at no cost although I insisted on paying at least the shipping costs this time in consideration because even though the knife was under warranty, when they shipped me the screws for the Dyad it was not and they did not charge me anything.

I usually buy in the USA and Spyderco's customer service is one of the best I know, taking into account that in my case there is an additional complication as the client is on another continent....
Si vis pacem para bellum ;)