Stickers in the box!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rybu0305

Stickers in the box!?

Post by rybu0305 »

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted. Just about every product I buy these days comes with a branded sticker from the company. I would gladly pay an extra $1 or $2 for every Spyderco I buy if a little Spyderco sticker came with it.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Re: Stickers in the box!?

Post by kodai78 »

Me too! I hope they put a mini bug sticker in every box and variations in color etc.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yes, this would be great! I agree with the variations as well. Maybe match the Spydie color to the scale color? Little rubber Spydie keychains would be cool too. That used to be really popular.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Variation and other goodies would be nice but to keep it simple and keep cost down just a black or white bug would be fine. Even a random color would do.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I only have one sticker from Spyderco, and only because I ordered a Mule direct from SFO. Now while the idea of getting a sticker in every box initially sounds appealing, I must confess that if I get two or three more of them I would run out of places to stick them. Such has happened with the stickers I get from Esee and Hogue --they just get filed away in my unused sticker portfolio.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I would much prefer the buy one get one free coupon! But, I'll settle for a sticker of any sorts...

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

All for extra goodies!
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I agree...there needs to be a cute lil spyderco sticker in each new knife box. I once ordered a new clip from Colorado headquarters and got a sticker of the old bus....buy a $100+ dollar knife -no sticker, buy a $10 clip get a sticker. The world is upside down.....
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

If you buy from the Spyderco factory outlet they almost always put a sticker or two in the box. I've got a bunch of them.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Also, it's great marketing for Spyderco. Put it on your laptop, your water bottle, your truck - whatever. Good promotional effort.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Would I like a Spyderco sticker,,,,,,, yea. Do I think they should be required to add one in the box? , ,,No.

Im still raising kids expecting more and above
normal

Post by normal »

I have several from my orders directly from Spyderco. They usually put one in. Not every time, but usually. I have even been lucky and got a calendar and a coin before. It is nice to get one, but I do not expect companies to send swag with their products.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Every product from the headquarters I have gotten a sticker. Ben shot glasses got one, every mule over the years I have got one.

Knifecentre never......

Bit over the fad of stickers the older I get (nearly 50) I might have to gift some stickers soon as I have a few in a draw somewhere....
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Don’t see the attraction, sorry.

If I’m buying a knife, that’s what I want. If I want a sticker I’ll order one.
To me free swag is just more stuff I need to organize or let go in a responsible way. And I rather spend that energy on something I really wanted in the first place.
And quite frankly, there’s no shortage on resources wasted on things that the majority of people neither needs or wants, so please don’t force me to participate more than I already do.

I bought a WE knife last year. It’s my only Chinese knife atm, and I’m very hesitant to ever get another. The box was loaded with swag. I conscientiously kept and organized most of it, and to this day I haven’t used any of it.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

aicolainen wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:36 am
Don’t see the attraction, sorry.

If I’m buying a knife, that’s what I want. If I want a sticker I’ll order one.
To me free swag is just more stuff I need to organize or let go in a responsible way. And I rather spend that energy on something I really wanted in the first place.
And quite frankly, there’s no shortage on resources wasted on things that the majority of people neither needs or wants, so please don’t force me to participate more than I already do.

I bought a WE knife last year. It’s my only Chinese knife atm, and I’m very hesitant to ever get another. The box was loaded with swag. I conscientiously kept and organized most of it, and to this day I haven’t used any of it.
I am in the same boat when it comes to swag and fancy packaging. Keep it simple.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I think a sticker is a nice little "extra," but certainly not something that I expect to be in every box.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

:D
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have had a bunch of stickers. I have no real use for them so I give them away. Free marketing for Spyderco.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Got a sticker in the coffee cup box.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I love the effort that goes into the stickers. New designs on a regular basis. In my opinion this says Spyderco appreciate us.