IT'S KNIFE GIVEAWAY TIME!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

IT'S KNIFE GIVEAWAY TIME!!

Post by Evil D »

The time has come to let one go that found it's way to me through a similar act of kindness, my leaf Caribbean. Not to say I don't love this knife and appreciate the gift...it's because the knife has meaning behind it that I feel it's appropriate to let this particular knife go. I've had this knife for a little over 2 years now and we've had quite an adventure. It was born into this world as a gifted user and it should forever live on as one.

*THERE ARE THREE RULES TO WINNING THIS KNIFE*

Whoever wins this knife, you must 1) use it, 2) never sell/trade or otherwise profit from this knife, and 3) if you decide you're done with the knife, you must give it away just as I am now.

There's nothing wrong with keeping it forever, but if you decide it's not for you then keep the train rolling and give it to the next guy. Since I can't control what other people do (much to my disappointment), this will be an honor system thing so if you don't think you can do that then please don't enter.

I'm willing to ship it ANYWHERE ON EARTH at no cost to the winner, but I don't know how customs works where you live so if you think the knife may be confiscated before you get it then maybe don't enter and let someone else win it instead.

There will be no minimum post count for this but you need to have joined the forum at least before I make this post...I don't want people joining only to enter and then I never hear from them again. It would also be cool if you put the knife through your own torture tests, I'd enjoy seeing what else the knife survives.

The giveaway will be closed next Tuesday 4/27/21 at 10AM EDT

I have no idea how the number generator things work so I'll just let my daughter pick a random number between 1 and however many people enter and whichever number your post is in this thread will decide who wins (so if there are 50 posts she'll pick a random number 1-50). It'll be 100% unbiased, she has absolutely no interest in my knife hobby or this forum lol.

To enter just post something in this thread! Please keep it to one post per person in this thread just to make it easier so don't quote each other or thank me or anything like that. If you wanna chat about the knife just put it in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=83276#p1313640

Lastly here's the knife in all it's glory. This is the knife that has gone through absolute **** and just got a fresh dye job in super badass Evil D Edition Blood Red:

Looked like a murdered someone in my kitchen sink last night :rolleyes:

Oh and of course, this knife has been completely disassembled and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. It did hang from a tree for a couple months covered in blood and raw chicken juice but it should be minty clean now and has just been freshly sharpened and plucks hair and splits atoms and all that stuff. The pivot has been lubed with Phil Wood bearing grease and adjusted to "almost drop shutty" which is where I like it, it'll drop shut gently with a little wrist jiggle and has pretty much no blade play. The blade tang has also been polished and the action is smooth as silk. All the screws got blue Loctite which shouldn't be hard for you to get apart should you choose to.

Info about the knife:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85045
viewtopic.php?t=83276#p1313640
Last edited by Evil D on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Higher

Re: IT'S KNIFE GIVEAWAY TIME!!

Post by Higher »

You suggested a good idea!
I use translator most of the time.

There was a link to the old Spyderco catalogs.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Thanks David for the generous giveaway! :)

I'm in, it would be an honor to test and use this particular legendary knife at least for some time!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Not only interested in the knife, but also the story behind it. It would be cool to pass on stories of the blade (hmm name for a book?) each time it re-homes.

So count me in, and will definitely honour the terms of the agreement.

Cheers
Erik
TKCSA

Post by TKCSA »

This is so cool! I like the red. Thank you.
J-man_46

Post by J-man_46 »

Wow. Such a cool dye job. Super generous of you man.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

My entry post, and James our cat has his paws crossed.....

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

I’ve been following your torture of this knife for almost a year now and that thing is a beast! I recommend the exact same knife (based solely on your abuse thread) to a friend who works in a tree service and who has no qualms about using/abusing it. He picked one up and has been loving it ever since! Thanks for your time and effort put into this knife. Very generous of you David!
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
PStone

Post by PStone »

Whoa! :eek: What a generous and cool giveaway. I am definitely in. Would love to make that into a forum pass around knife if I win. Thanks for the chance Evil D! :spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Definitely in for this. I've never tried the carribean. Thanks!
z1r

Post by z1r »

My entry post as well. I too am interested in the story behind the blade.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I’m in! Thanks for the generosity!

Just for fun, here is a picture of my truck hitting 111,111 miles. :D

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Trav64

Post by Trav64 »

Higher wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:01 am
You suggested a good idea!
That looks really cool, and an awesome idea too, it'd be awesome to recive that knife.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'm in. I'd like to give SE LC200N a try and then pass this thing on after.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Wow, very generous David, thank you for the opportunity! I really appreciate your "three rules to winning this knife" and hereby agree to the terms of entry! :D
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

NOT an entry!

I just wanted to say thanks for doing this
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

How awesome. This is truly the best forum I visit anywhere on the internet!!
TILL-22

Post by TILL-22 »

I'm also in, never had a serrated edge yet. I agree to the 3 rules!

As for the random number you can just enter the range here and it will pick one: https://www.random.org/
Human number picking is unfortunately not random :-)

Good luck to everyone!
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

Yes I agree to terms. Thank you
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Love the color.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch