It’s time for a green salt Dyad !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

It’s time for a green salt Dyad !

Post by elena86 »

Just imagine a lw green salt Dyad with black coated blades. I wouldn’t mind a non-coated one though... just bring it back.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Evil D

Re: It’s time for a green salt Dyad !

Post by Evil D »

I'm in 100% for FFG LC200N Dyad. The only thing I really have to see changed (assuming it's the same overall design as the last Dyad) is please don't add the sharpening notch to either blade especially the SE blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

This would conclude my hunt for a small companion knife.

Edit: I was thinking micro dyad :rolleyes:
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I would buy this. The dyad doesn't really do it for me as is but a LW version in LC200N, green... oh yeah.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Give me lc200n with a green scale on that side and serrated h1 with a yellow scale on the other side. :)
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
brj

Post by brj »

VooDooChild wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:54 pm
Give me lc200n with a green scale on that side and serrated h1 with a yellow scale on the other side. :)
Overcoming the first immediate impulse (which was to say 'what the heck, man') I think I'd actually buy something like this...
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:30 pm
Just imagine a lw green salt Dyad with black coated blades. I wouldn’t mind a non-coated one though... just bring it back.

+1 The big one (C-44). Non-coated, please. I would buy half a dozen.
Si vis pacem para bellum ;)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Im pretty sure we all know my stance on this issue.

Preferably a Micro Dyad or Jr.

That would do it for me.
(Although, I'd buy any version)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Did someone say Dyad!!!??? :) I've been a fan of the Dyad model and especially the larger C-44 since the early 2000s. You can put me down for a Salt Dyad and I would make it a point to get one.

Now I would really like it a lot if they did one the size of the original C-44 big Dyad. I don't have much use for the smaller versions.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I would love this! I think a Jr. would be easier since they already have the FRN tooling available for it, but, a Micro would be awesome clipless in the bottom of my pocket!

Pic needed:

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:30 pm
You must have a spy camera or something! Hahaha! I have out my Seki made, double bladed Buck knife. Great pocket knife with a high hollow ground drop point and a serrated sheepfoot blade on the other end, with opening holes.

I was thinking Spyderco could make this better and a good tweak of the Dyad, fixing some of its weaknesses would be a great idea.

LC200N Salt version would tip it over the edge of fantastic.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I forgot to mention ; no micro, no jr. just the large one. We all need allaround users ... I guess :D
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

elena86 wrote: I forgot to mention ; no micro, no jr. just the large one. We all need allaround users ... I guess :D
Why not all three? :p
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd be interested in Jr and full size versions. I'd carry my full size a lot more often if it wasn't a "collector's item" and hard to replace.
~David
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It’s surprising that there has been no Salt version already, of any of the three versions. I don’t need any more Salts, but I’d get a Salt Dyad.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Bump !
Marius

( Rabindranath Tagore )

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm still in for a Salt version, just remember if that ever does happen you can expect it to cost about what two knives would cost, and I think that may be why it hasn't happened yet. Are you guys really prepared to spend $250-300 on this?
~David
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I would be more into the Dyad Jr. I like a small lockback with dual PE/SE blades. My current one is a 1990s Camillus; which can't be opened with one hand.

The large Dyad was nearly $300--and that was 8 years ago! 10 years ago, the Dyad Jr. was $110.

On another note, for cost-effectiveness, maybe bringing back the Byrd Wings would work better. I could not find a Dyad, so I ended up going for a "second" Byrd Wings (the smaller "Slip It") I found on the secondary market for $40 (which knowing what I paid for my seconds last Dec.; cost the seller $20 or less). The regular one is a little too big, so FRN Wings Slip It?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 am
I'd be interested in Jr and full size versions. I'd carry my full size a lot more often if it wasn't a "collector's item" and hard to replace.
You don't have to replace it if you don't lose it...or break it. I carry mine all the time. It's kind of funny that many of the Spydercrew have never seen an original in person until I come along.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I love my dyad
Mine is micarta. Never used the serrated to have a factor edge in case of emergency and used the PE
A salt Dyad is a great idea with LC200N or Elastic Ceramic in a light weight version.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.