Is the Gayle Bradley coming back?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

Is the Gayle Bradley coming back?

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

So it seems as though the GB2 is discontinued and oos everywhere. I want to acquire one. Does anybody know where to snag one or has a line on one I would appreciate the heads up. Also on vendors websites it says backorder or delayed by manufacturer or pre order....so if its discontinued why still have the knife up on the page?. Is spyderco doing cqi or just a GB3??....thanx folks
soc_monki

Re: Is the Gayle Bradley coming back?

Post by soc_monki »

GB2 is regular production, per Taz Kristi. Not discontinued, and I'm sure more are coming. I was just at St. Nick's Knives in Florence, AL yesterday and they had one in the case. If you give the Florence store a call they may be able to get it shipped out to you, not sure how it works as the Athens store is the main one. Can't hurt to try right?
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Discontinued and out of stock are two very different things. As far as I know, it has not been discontinued and it is still in part of their catalog this year. It is a very good seller for them, so I'm sure there will be more eventually but that is just speculation.

If I recall correctly, there was mention of a smaller Gayle Bradley model in the works but I don't know if that would effect the GB2.
-Nick :bug-red
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

It is still listed as “in-production” in the 2021 Product Guide.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/

Judging by the erratic availability over the last few years, it appears that small runs are made every now and again according to demand. My guess is you’ll probably find one eventually if you keep looking. It may be a good strategy to pre-order one at your favourite dealer, because they sell quickly after a drop.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:31 am
GB2 is regular production, per Taz Kristi. Not discontinued, and I'm sure more are coming. I was just at St. Nick's Knives in Florence, AL yesterday and they had one in the case. If you give the Florence store a call they may be able to get it shipped out to you, not sure how it works as the Athens store is the main one. Can't hurt to try right?
I just checked their on line store and said out of stock. I will call them when they open @ 10am...wish me luck
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:54 am
soc_monki wrote:
I just checked their on line store and said out of stock. I will call them when they open @ 10am...wish me luck
Apparently they don't have the DLC S30V Shaman either, but I bought mine there yesterday and they had 3 more so...

I think the website stock is done by the Athens store, they may not know that the other stores have stock or not. Bad inventory management I think, but I don't own a knife store!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I been eyeballing a full serrated blacked out shaman....I think I need a shaman in my collection....
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I wish I had a local knife store around me. Sometimes I daydream about opening such a store in my area but then reality sets in and tells me it would probably fail....
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

It appears that st Knicks knives has really great customer service. They helped me obtain an elusive knife and were very polite and professional. I will shop with them again!
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

soc_monki wrote:
Hey thanx for the lead on the GB2 @st nicks .....they fixed me right up and were a class act! I will be shopping with them again for sure. Very polite and accommodating. Thanx soc monki😊
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:01 am

Hey thanx for the lead on the GB2 @st nicks .....they fixed me right up and were a class act! I will be shopping with them again for sure. Very polite and accommodating. Thanx soc monki😊
No problem, brother! They're good people in there, and I talked with William (guy who was working yesterday) about knives and guns, just chit chatting, for a good while. Glad I could help you out! I think you'll love the GB2...I love mine! I need to go ahead and force a patina though, since I fell asleep with mine one night and sweated and woke up to rust on the blade! Figured right then I need to cover it in some mustard or something and get a little protective layer on it. I did oil it in the mean time though. Love that knife...just don't want my acidic sweat to make it rust away!
kobold

Post by kobold »

For a moment I hoped this is about the GB1.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:07 am
So it seems as though the GB2 is discontinued and oos everywhere. I want to acquire one. Does anybody know where to snag one or has a line on one I would appreciate the heads up. Also on vendors websites it says backorder or delayed by manufacturer or pre order....so if its discontinued why still have the knife up on the page?. Is spyderco doing cqi or just a GB3??....thanx folks
Why would you assume it was discontinued?

This happened the last couple times the GB2 was out of stock. The last time some guy on YouTube said it was discontinued and everyone assumed he was correct. Kristi finally confirmed that it was not discontinued but simply out of stock until the next production run
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JMM

Post by JMM »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:16 pm
Cowboyfromhell wrote:

This happened the last couple times the GB2 was out of stock. The last time some guy on YouTube said it was discontinued and everyone assumed he was correct. Kristi finally confirmed that it was not discontinued but simply out of stock until the next production run
That is good to hear, I've been looking for one and haven't found any with the exception of eBay for ~$100 more than they should be.... If anyone hears of where to find one I'd be forever in their debt for a heads up... :D
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:16 pm
Cowboyfromhell wrote:

Last time 2 guys said it, and one even said spyderco said so. They let him know in the comments it was in fact not discontinued, yet not a peep from either guy about being wrong. I've since quit paying attention to both. Don't tell lies, and admit when you're wrong. Maybe I'm too hard on people... Lol
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JMM mentioned they couldn't find a GB2. Sometimes I'm pretty good at digging up models that are hard to find. So I decided to start looking around. Wouldn't you know it, the first place I looked lists it as "discontinued"

https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... ed-handle/

Hard to say if they know something in advance. I know it took awhile for this last run to come about. That's one of the reasons I decided to nab one while I could. In fact mine's going in my pocket tomorrow. Hopefully Kristi will see this and confirm whether or not it's finally disco'd. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the disco'd list comes out later on in the year.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 pm
JMM mentioned they couldn't find a GB2. Sometimes I'm pretty good at digging up models that are hard to find. So I decided to start looking around. Wouldn't you know it, the first place I looked lists it as "discontinued"
That looks like the GB1

The GB2 just says out of stock
https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... te-handle/

The Bradley 2 is one of the few things I'm looking for right now. It's in this years catalog so its probably coming down the pipeline at some point.
Sonorum

Post by Sonorum »

I really like my GB2. While I mostly carry a SE knife right now, this thing still finds it's way into my pocket pretty often...

/ David
JMM

Post by JMM »

Sonorum wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:52 am
I really like my GB2. While I mostly carry a SE knife right now, this thing still finds it's way into my pocket pretty often...

Those scales are amazing! Where oh where did you find them? I want them for the GB2 I might someday be able to buy... :rolleyes: :eek:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Something was lost in the GB2. The only issue I had with the GB1 was that I wished it had a more prominent "hook" where the finger choil meets the edge. That knife was one of the best choiled designs I've seen because it didn't eat up a lot of edge length.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David