Is the Gayle Bradley coming back?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sonorum

Re: Is the Gayle Bradley coming back?

Post by Sonorum »

JMM wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:29 am
Sonorum wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:52 am
I really like my GB2. While I mostly carry a SE knife right now, this thing still finds it's way into my pocket pretty often...

Those scales are amazing! Where oh where did you find them? I want them for the GB2 I might someday be able to buy... :rolleyes: :eek:
Cuscadi! They are buckeye burl :)
/ David
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Hey, All:

The Gayle Bradley 2 is not discontinued. It is currently sold out, with more on order from Taiwan.

If you want to determine whether something is discontinued, look it up on the Spyderco website. If it says "out of stock," there are two possibilities. It may be a short-term situation, in which SFO's on-the-shelf stock has been depleted and will be replenished in a few days. If, after a few days, there's no change to the "out-of-stock" status, we have depleted all our warehouse stock and are waiting on the next shipment from the maker.

We don't control what dealers put on their websites. Their "discontinued" has nothing to do with the official status of our products.

Stay safe,

Mike
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

FourStringFiend wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 pm
JMM mentioned they couldn't find a GB2. Sometimes I'm pretty good at digging up models that are hard to find. So I decided to start looking around. Wouldn't you know it, the first place I looked lists it as "discontinued"
That looks like the GB1

The GB2 just says out of stock
https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... te-handle/
Yep! good catch. Must've been a senior moment haha
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Soo... I don't know if this is new but it doesn't say otherwise. And I know some people have been wanting one. They just released the Crucarta PM2 yesterday so maybe they got a few Bradleys in their order?
Bear Claw Knife& Shear... https://www.bcknife.com/c134cfp2-spyder ... ber-g.html
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 pm
Soo... I don't know if this is new but it doesn't say otherwise. And I know some people have been wanting one. They just released the Crucarta PM2 yesterday so maybe they got a few Bradleys in their order?
Bear Claw Knife& Shear... https://www.bcknife.com/c134cfp2-spyder ... ber-g.html
Just found them at MidwayUSA also. Looks like a batch is coming out of the oven!... https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017002728?pid=949359
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Earlier I noticed I received the newsletter email from River's Edge Cutlery. They stated they just received a new shipment of GB2's. I meant to come here and give a shout out but forgot. Looks like you were already on it as usual anyway
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:44 am
Earlier I noticed I received the newsletter email from River's Edge Cutlery. They stated they just received a new shipment of GB2's. I meant to come here and give a shout out but forgot. Looks like you were already on it as usual anyway

I had to do a double take when i saw the first one.
Looks like a container ship from Taiwan made it through customs.
I'm sure they'll start pooping up everywhere now.

Looks like auto correct got me but I'm leaving it. :beaming-face
•• Beau
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:33 am
Something was lost in the GB2. The only issue I had with the GB1 was that I wished it had a more prominent "hook" where the finger choil meets the edge. That knife was one of the best choiled designs I've seen because it didn't eat up a lot of edge length.
Agreed.

The GB1 was first of the numerous collaborations produced by Spyderco that I now have.

I’ve felt no need for a GB2, nor a need to unload the GB1, in spite of my preference for Spydies that are not handle-heavy.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I have both a GB1 and GB2 and cannot pick a favorite between them.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:35 am
I have both a GB1 and GB2 and cannot pick a favorite between them.
I can't either. For a long time I said I prefered the GB but now that I have a GB2 that's no longer true
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jdw

Post by jdw »

The GB2 is an excellent knife with a really neutral grip handle and over all just an excellent design. I don't believe that this batch will be around for long so if you don't already own a GB2 then put every other 'wanted' knife on the back burner to grab one.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-gay ... y-2-folder
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Should these hit European stores too I'll start to consider it...

I like linerlocks more and more (in operation my favorite already), I like a good amount of slicey edge, I like non stainless steels, I don't need a choil as well as an extremely pointy tip.. it's just a bit "heavy" for my ideal EDC folder.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:02 am
I been eyeballing a full serrated blacked out shaman..
Get one. Trust me. It is a MONSTER!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ya know of all the random models that have come back in jade/M4 combos and such why the heck hasn't the GB1 been one of them? Because it was always in M4 I guess? Just saying, it's essentially a production scale swap away from being money in the bank since the knife was already M4 and everything else is the same.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:31 pm
Ya know of all the random models that have come back in jade/M4 combos and such why the heck hasn't the GB1 been one of them? Because it was always in M4 I guess? Just saying, it's essentially a production scale swap away from being money in the bank since the knife was already M4 and everything else is the same.
If they did dlc m4/liners and jade scales I would faint. I'd definitely fight for one.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I did find one way back in April when I started this thread, and its one of my favorite knives! Im actually tempted to grab another to have on hand just in case....
jdw

Post by jdw »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:48 pm
I did find one way back in April when I started this thread, and its one of my favorite knives! Im actually tempted to grab another to have on hand just in case....

I am clearly a fan of the GB2 and I think that it’s a great knife, but if you can find a Gayle Bradley then I would highly recommend one instead of a backup to your GB2. IMO, the GB is one of the best knives that Spyderco has ever made and the quality is equal to or surpasses many knives that cost much more. It’s worth the price even at secondary market prices.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I have 2 GB1's but don't own a GB2; I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one since their availability is so ephemeral.
So it goes.