Military fully serrated SpyderEdge™

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hopweaver

Military fully serrated SpyderEdge™

Post by Hopweaver »

When was the last time a fully serrated SpyderEdge™ Military was released?

While I like my PM2 SE, I like the Military platform better. It seems like a no brainer to me to add an SE variant to the Military product line. What am I missing?
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Evil D

Re: Military fully serrated SpyderEdge™

Post by Evil D »

Mine dated 2009 on the tang.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kobold

Post by kobold »

I would immediately sell the SE Caribbean.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

That 2009 date is close if it's not completely accurate. I remember being able to get those Golden, CO made models in Full SE up till about 2012 it seems. But it might have been 2009 and maybe many of them lingered on dealer shelves for a couple of years or so>> because during that time slot it seemed like full SE models were selling slowly.

It's past time for the return of the full SE Military models and with all the requests for them I don' think it will be much longer.
I'm guessing that within the next 10 to 12 months we'll see the C-36 Military model offered with TEETH.

If threads like this one get a lot of response I'm sure that Spyderco will reconsider their position.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

kobold wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 pm

And apparently use the money to buy more crack :eek:

Ok seriously though, I don't think I'd go that far but if the serrations were ground as thin and mellow as the Caribbean it would be a close race.
~David
kells45

Post by kells45 »

I have been considering picking up the pm2 serrated version myself since I lost my pac salt last year hunting. However when I use my military models and go back to the pm2 it is lacking blade length and ease of lock manipulation for me. I have been scouring online trying to find a full se military but haven’t found any worth buying.
I was going to pick up the serrated wharncliffe endura but decided to hold out for the k390 se version. A full se military would change my mind.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

*EDITED*... :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
kells45

Post by kells45 »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 pm
I have one listed on Spyderco Swap... :)
I just read the requirements to join the swap. I don’t have enough posts to join unfortunately. I have been around a while but don’t post very often.
Frizank9009

Post by Frizank9009 »

Defo interested in serrated military. Really, military anything.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:16 pm
kobold wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 pm

And apparently use the money to buy more crack :eek:

Ok seriously though, I don't think I'd go that far but if the serrations were ground as thin and mellow as the Caribbean it would be a close race.

:) It is not about the serrations. The compression lock is ruining it for me. It is nothing like the Golden made CL, it is stiff and uncooperative. Hit and miss. I am much happier with the liner lock in the Millie.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Millies releases have slowed down, Millie2 they have been sinking about it for years, maybe serrated edges for these, but I think that will come with compression lock.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 am
Millies releases have slowed down, Millie2 they have been sinking about it for years, maybe serrated edges for these, but I think that will come with compression lock.
I believe Sal has said that a compression lock military would be an alternative to, not a replacement of the liner lock military.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

kells45 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:55 pm
Brock O Lee wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 pm
I have one listed on Spyderco Swap... :)
I just read the requirements to join the swap. I don’t have enough posts to join unfortunately. I have been around a while but don’t post very often.
Sorry to hear that Kells45. It is worth it to get the post count up to join the swap... Quite a few interesting opportunities there.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Giygas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:41 am
Gsg9 wrote:
I believe Sal has said that a compression lock military would be an alternative to, not a replacement of the liner lock military.
With the excellent track record of the C-36 Military model I can't for the life of me understand why anyone thinks that they need to change the locking system on the original C-36 model :confused: Now I'll admit that the liner lock is not my favorite but I've never had any of my Military models.

But I do think it's past time for them to bring back the full SE version of the C-36 Military model.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:37 am
Giygas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:41 am
Gsg9 wrote:
With the excellent track record of the C-36 Military model I can't for the life of me understand why anyone thinks that they need to change the locking system on the original C-36 model :confused: Now I'll admit that the liner lock is not my favorite but I've never had any of my Military models.

But I do think it's past time for them to bring back the full SE version of the C-36 Military model.
I agree completely.

I have nearly zero interest in a compression lock military, but you and I seem to be in the minority in that regard. I've been telling people for years that the Military is the best possible execution of a liner lock.

A full SE K390 military is pretty much at the top of my list of hopeful Spyderco releases. The only reason I say I have nearly zero interest in a compression lock military is if for some reason full SE k390 is only made available in that configuration.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
kobold

Post by kobold »

Giygas wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:06 am
I have nearly zero interest in a compression lock military, but you and I seem to be in the minority in that regard. I've been telling people for years that the Military is the best possible execution of a liner lock.

A full SE K390 military is pretty much at the top of my list of hopeful Spyderco releases.

+1

Except, K390 and indeed, not even MagnaCut would be a big enough incentive for me to get a comp lock Millie.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

There was a time when the idea of adding a compression lock seemed like enough to make a foolproof winning combo but I think now there are so many models that have had it, people pay more attention to the steel and ergonomics and the lock is just a part of the equation rather than the deciding factor.
~David