When is the next HH UKPK run expected?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UKPeaKay

When is the next HH UKPK run expected?

Post by UKPeaKay »

Hello all - a newbie from the UK here. Please go easy on me!

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask, but does anyone know when the next UKPK production run might go ahead? Especially the Heinnie Haynes special edition with the red G10 scales? Is it actually going to happen or have Spyderco moved away to a different design or something?

UKPKs are just so hard to find in the UK right now. All retailers seem sold out.

I'm holding out for this HH UKPK but it's been out of stock for about 12 months now.
UKPeaKay

Re: When is the next HH UKPK run expected?

Post by UKPeaKay »

(Mods, sorry I posted a very similar topic as I thought this one got lost - please ignore the other one)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi UKPeaKay,

Welcome to our forum.

As I remember, they are in process. I think that HH waited too long to re-order. They weren't aware of our backlog. I would encourage them to re-order before they run out to keep the flow going. It's a beautiful piece and we're glad to have them doing it. You didn't hear t from me :cool: bit I think they have other projects of which they are thinking.

sal
UKPeaKay

Post by UKPeaKay »

Sal,

Thank you for your reply!

I really hope Heinnie ordered enough of these. It's almost a running joke now that when Heinnie do a promotional post on Facebook offering a competitors product, people wade in to the comments demanding the HH UKPK! I know a lot of guys are waiting for these and I really don't want to miss out.

Congrats on the design of the UKPK by the way. I have a modest collection of UK legal knives and recently got a preowned UKPK in s110v as my first Spyderco. It's by far my favourite knife. Perfection. The UKPK is generally considered to be the best UK EDC knife unless you start spending silly money.

Keep up the great work and thanks for tweaking your designs for our strict UK laws.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Other projects...hmmm... a HH exclusive Urban maybe ? Red FRN and Elmax maybe ? :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Ooohhh.....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hmmm, don't like this teaser Sal!! Options seem endless, and you/they did an excellent job on that UKPK!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

As a fellow ukpk pervert, I have to agree that I want to know when they will drop too.

Been waiting for 18 months now.

I started the Damasteel UKPK polling 9 months ago, and I fear it has been either shelved indefinitely or canned.
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum UKPeaKay! I like your forum name. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

elena86 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm
Other projects...hmmm... a HH exclusive Urban maybe ? Red FRN and Elmax maybe ? :eek:
:eek: :eek:

However, I'd rather have 204P.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Superfool wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:59 pm
I started the Damasteel UKPK polling 9 months ago, and I fear it has been either shelved indefinitely or canned.
If you can find a dealer who is willing to take it up as an exclusive, they can probably get it put in the queue.
sal

Post by sal »

Superfool wrote:
As a fellow ukpk pervert, I have to agree that I want to know when they will drop too.

Hi Superfool,

haven't seen you about for a while. Actually, I couldn't squeeze a Damasteel UK into queue as Golden is so far behind., but we do have a Damasteel Urban in the works in Maniago. So your question did bear fruit, of a different flavor. It's a Sprint run with Damasteel blade and G10 scales. The steel has already been ordered. :D

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Ya know,

you Brits might tell HH to step it up? Tell them what you want. They seem courageous enough to listen. :cool:

sal
UKPeaKay

Post by UKPeaKay »

Sal,

I'll watch these new developments with interest. I like the idea of an Urban in upgraded steel.

As for the HH UKPK though, do you have rough timescale for when these will go into production? Are you looking at the next couple of days? 2 months? 9 months?

Thanks
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

UKPeaKay wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:21 pm
Hello all - a newbie from the UK here. Please go easy on me!

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask, but does anyone know when the next UKPK production run might go ahead? Especially the Heinnie Haynes special edition with the red G10 scales? Is it actually going to happen or have Spyderco moved away to a different design or something?

UKPKs are just so hard to find in the UK right now. All retailers seem sold out.

I'm holding out for this HH UKPK but it's been out of stock for about 12 months now.
I recently asked for an update to the same question on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88528

The gist of it is that there's nothing definite, but production may commence in April.

Since we're in April now, perhaps production is already going?

Fingers crossed from a fellow UKPK enthusiast :D
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

sal wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 am
Superfool wrote:

Hi Superfool,

haven't seen you about for a while. Actually, I couldn't squeeze a Damasteel UK into queue as Golden is so far behind., but we do have a Damasteel Urban in the works in Maniago. So your question did bear fruit, of a different flavor. It's a Sprint run with Damasteel blade and G10 scales. The steel has already been ordered. :D

sal
I was saddened to hear the Superfool UKPK was shelved. Perhaps it can make it back on the schedule at some point in the future?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Damasteel Urban sprint sounds really, really good!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It will be good if I can get my hands on one of them since it is my dream knife. I love polished white or ivory G10.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

sal wrote:
Hi Superfool,
haven't seen you about for a while.
Yeah - I am frontline NHS staff in the UK. Paramedic in Surrey and London, and I work as an ECP in a hospital. I have also been doing community vaccination programs for the elderly and vulnerable, so I tend to get time to peak on here once a week if that. Throw in my 10 pence worth (about 14c) and then back to it.
Just busy busy busy.
sal wrote:
Actually, I couldn't squeeze a Damasteel UK into queue as Golden is so far behind., but we do have a Damasteel Urban in the works in Maniago. So your question did bear fruit, of a different flavor. It's a Sprint run with Damasteel blade and G10 scales. The steel has already been ordered. :D
sal
So is the DAMAUKPK idea replaced with the Urban, or just put back a bit?
David

Superfool

Post by Superfool »

sal wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:31 am
Ya know,

you Brits might tell HH to step it up? Tell them what you want. They seem courageous enough to listen. :cool:

sal
I will email them now. If we make some noise, maybe it will happen. "Audentes fortuna iuvat" and all that.
David