Most Favored Spyderco Collaborator(s) To Return?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DigDug72

Re: Most Favored Spyderco Collaborator(s) To Return?

Post by DigDug72 »

Mike Burch!
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

I would like to see a collab with Sacha Thiel (Perrin PPT)
Or with Emmanuel le Brun, maybe for a design "in between" his Kroko and his Rhino :

| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
ThrottleCable

Post by ThrottleCable »

Phil Wilson - Fillet Knife, or really any of his designs.

A Made in Not-China Bow River with a medium tier steel would be fantastic, I find that knife to be extremely handy (I have 2 I use, and 2 spares :) ).
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'll always look forward to any new Schempp, Lum or Wilson collaboration, but how about another Michael Walker collaboration?
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

I know this thread is about returning collaborators, but Id love to see a Tashi Bharucha collab, or in a perfect world, a high end John Barker collab ala the two Peter Rassenti collabs.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Definitely schempp and lum would be awesome if Bob's wife agrees of course. I would love to see a flash batch of Bob's Sabre tip fighter. Either in a fixed blade or folder. Still want an XL Persian and I'm hoping the issues with the Kris sprint get worked out so it can proceed as well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:16 am
I'll always look forward to any new Schempp, Lum or Wilson collaboration, but how about another Michael Walker collaboration?
There are a lot of Michael Walker designs in the "Klotzli" brand knives. The Swiss made Klotzli brand is one of my top 5 favorite brands of commercially made knives. I am sort of surprised that Michael Walker and Spyderco never did any more collaborations especially as well loved as that first one was.

I was so saddened when Bob Lum passed a few years back. I was really starting to fall in love with several of his great designs. I still carry my C-46 Lum Tanto folder occasionally and love the compliments I get with it. I also liked some of Ed Schempp's stuff as well.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Nate wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am
Mike Read. The integral spring/torsion bar design is too brilliant to only be used on once. Even if the PITS itself gets another run some day, I’d love to see another design.
Pardon the bump but, in spite of my post above, I must agree that the PITS, which I acquired just several weeks ago, is so innovative that I would welcome something new by Mr. Read.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

wrdwrght wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:06 pm
Nate wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 am
Mike Read. The integral spring/torsion bar design is too brilliant to only be used on once. Even if the PITS itself gets another run some day, I’d love to see another design.
Pardon the bump but, in spite of my post above, I must agree that the PITS, which I acquired just several weeks ago, is so innovative that I would welcome something new by Mr. Read.
No Problem!! that's what this thread is for ;) And I'm going to take the shameless opportunity to plug the C-60 Massad Ayoob model again in anticipation of the new Sprint Run on the horizon.

I was just speaking to another Brother the other day about the JD Smith model>> so it's quite interesting that this thread would pop up again. Because I would also love to see Spyderco and JD Smith do another venture again.

Also I don't know if Howard Viele is still with us or still doing knives but he would also be another past collaborator to do another model again as well. There are so many great collaborators that Spyderco has worked with over the years and I'm surprised we haven't heard more about some of the guys from 2010 till now.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 pm
Also I don't know if Howard Viele is still with us or still doing knives...
Unfortunately, no. He passed away in 2019: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... le-8216284
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Chad Los Banos. He moved on to Boker after the Lava, but I'd love to see more of his small knives with the Spydie touch.

More from the guy who did the Hundred Pacer, too.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

yowzer wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:42 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 pm
Also I don't know if Howard Viele is still with us or still doing knives...
Unfortunately, no. He passed away in 2019: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... le-8216284
Well thanks for letting us know that "Yowzer" and I'm very sorry to hear the news 2 years later. A knife dealer that I bought probably my first 6 Spyderco knives from here in the Kansas City area always carried his Spyderco Viele, Full SE folder for many years. He even had the first run AUS-8 version of that Viele. Oh how I would love one of those for a "beater/user" in AUS-8 which is a great steel for Spyderedges by the way.

I would even love to see Spyderco do a Classic Sprint Run of that model in one of the newer/better blade steels. I know that Frank Centofante also passed not too long ago as well.

What would be wrong in doing a Sprint Run of a deceased former collaborator? That is if it didn't pose any problems for Spyderco from a legal contract standpoint.

I've even recently thought about how cool it would be to do one of the older Jess Horn models again.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:49 pm
What would be wrong in doing a Sprint Run of a deceased former collaborator? That is if it didn't pose any problems for Spyderco from a legal contract standpoint.
Well, there was the recent Viele Phoenix sprint. And the Lum Darn Dao (And didn't the Lil' Lum come out after he died too?). So it's possible, at least with some people's estates.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Marcyn Slysz and Peter Rassenti
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Matus

Post by Matus »

Ed Schempp (Persian, Khukuri, Barong) and Gayle Bradley (time for a GB3 ;) )
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Marcin Slysz, Mike Janich, Gayle Bradley.

If Schempp could do something about those oversized ricasso/bolster/choil...
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

elena86 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:50 pm
Marcyn Slysz and Peter Rassenti
Yeah I missed out on that "Slysz Bowie" and I wouldn't mind having one in a newer/better blade steel.

And I also want to see more from Jason Breeden as well i.e. The C-111 Captain and Breeden RESCUE
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I would love to see:

Bob Lum- Forester

Jonathan McNees- Dixon

A T Barr- One-Eyed Jack Tribute

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Gayle Bradley, Phil Wilson, Marcin Slysz, Alistair Phillips & Paul Alexander

I would most likely buy anything these guys come up with.
So it goes.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Every time this thread pops up I have the same answer - Darriel Caston! I'm fascinated by his design style and really love his work. The Sqauretana would be such an incredible Spyderco collaboration.

Also, Serge Panchenko. He is another designer with a very creative and unique style that I really enjoy.

And while it wouldn't be a return, I would love to personally collaborate with Spyderco to produce one of my own designs. ;) That would be more than a dream come true! :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red