DLT Kapara Exclusive!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Airlsee

Re: DLT Kapara Exclusive!

Post by Airlsee »

Mine arrived as quick as usual from DLT and is a really well done piece. I can't wait to start getting it in the pocket, I'm very glad I picked one up. Thanks Alistair, Sal & Jordan!

So it goes.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Spyderco makes great knives. Now to see if it aligns well with my own personal preferences.

Thanks Jordan/DLT for making this happen!

Here it is next to some others for reference. I just acquired these three over the last month and they make up my field of large folders which I am just starting to try out.

CG
Attachments
DLT KAPARA.JPG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Another compliment to DLT for ordering enough product and making sure they could handle bandwidth.

I went through an exclusive drop with a different company the other day and it was a disaster. Not only was there not enough supply to meet demand, the website crashed. By the time most people got through it was sold out. A lot of disappointment and hurt feelings there.

This drop was how you do it right.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Holybotulism

Post by Holybotulism »

Arrived 2 days after ordering, so slow shipping from DLT is not an experience I can relate to. I like the smooth G10 scales more than I thought I would. Everyone is talking about modding theirs, but I'm content with the current configuration. Thanks to all involved with this run.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Got mine today as well! Thanks DLT for the super fast shipping!

Typical Taichung beautiful fit and finish - I can't find a flaw anywhere. And I love the gray g10 - it's smooth but not slick, and really just feels nice. Once my blue backspacer arrives I'll post up pics and give this beauty some pocket time.

So what's next, DLT? An Amalgam? A Brouwer? Or bring back an older model for some modern love??
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Typical Taichung beautiful fit and finish - I can't find a flaw anywhere. And I love the gray g10 - it's smooth but not slick, and really just feels nice. Once my blue backspacer arrives I'll post up pics and give this beauty some pocket time.

So what's next, DLT? An Amalgam? A Brouwer? Or bring back an older model for some modern love??
Mine is in the mail...can’t wait. I tell you what’s next Julia: a Crucarta Military :eek:
I only hope someone from DLT is reading this. Speaking of DLT : great job guys !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DLT has been dropping exclusives left and right! Keep it up!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

elena86 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:57 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Mine is in the mail...can’t wait. I tell you what’s next Julia: a Crucarta Military :eek:
I only hope someone from DLT is reading this. Speaking of DLT : great job guys !
A cru-carta millie might break the forum! :D ;) I'd definitely buy one.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
rashman

Post by rashman »

IMG_0624 (2).jpeg
look at what showed up in todays mail - Thnx DLT / Jordan!
current fav’s: K390 SS Stretch, PM2 CruWear Mircata, P.I.T.S., Subway Bowie
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Got mine today, really amazing quality. Ridiculously sharp with a pretty acute edge grind, it drops freely, and has solid lockup. I think this is going to be a new favorite. I took some pictures comparing it to a Maxamet PM2 for a size reference and to see the gray G10 side by side. The smooth scales on the Kapara look and feel great, though I wouldn't mind a little more grip/texture on them. Regardless, great job DLT and Spyderco!

Album

elena86

Post by elena86 »

Thickness behind the edge... anyone ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

elena86 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:45 pm
Thickness behind the edge... anyone ?
Base: .015"
Mid: .015"
Tip: .019

--

I know that I'm definitely in the honeymoon stage, but right now I think that this may be my favorite Spyderco EDC knife, and right now I've got 40+ albeit some are of the same model in different steels. I just really like the design, it is superb, the size fits my hand and needs really well, plus the 20CV, smooth G10 and Taichung manufacturing make this an overall fantastic pocket knife.

Edit: I hope DLT is able to get Ripps to make some backspacers for the Kapara. I would love to have a yellow one and Alistair is sold out of them apparently (also $60 landed in the US stings a little bit).
So it goes.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

This was a good one, well done DLT!
"No matter where you go, there you are"
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

This is my first Kapara and I like it a lot. Smooth, drop shut, fit and finish is perfect. Spidie flicks easy, no problem with the cutout for compression lock. The smooth G10 is not very grippy, slippery at times, but so far no problems. I like the wood grain texture look. Deep carry pocket clip.

DLT got this to me in 2 days! , way down here in Southwest Florida! Thats competing with the Bozoz guy, thank you!

Cubane

Post by Cubane »

I have been getting a few queries about the possibility of swapping the scales across from one of the CF scaled Kaparas to the DLT and whether my replacement backspacers will fit as well.

I thought I would just give it a go and record some random thoughts along the way. There is also a little comparison of the pre CQI Kapara to the CQI pivot on the DLT release.

https://youtu.be/ysAmSuNCtxY

Thanks, DLT and Spyderco for a great exclusive run.
Alistair
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Cubane wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:16 am
I have been getting a few queries about the possibility of swapping the scales across from one of the CF scaled Kaparas to the DLT and whether my replacement backspacers will fit as well.

I thought I would just give it a go and record some random thoughts along the way. There is also a little comparison of the pre CQI Kapara to the CQI pivot on the DLT release.

Thanks, DLT and Spyderco for a great exclusive run.
Alistair
Thanks for the video Mr. Phillips. It's best to get the answers from the man himself.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

I was on the fence over this one, as I already have the S30V Kapara. Figuring I would do a scale swap and sell the other knife, I pulled the trigger. Turns out I like the exclusive just as it is. Fit and finish is perfect, like my other Taichung Spydercos. Kudos to all involved in this release.
Bwana1

Post by Bwana1 »

Does the Grey 20CV have the CQI ?, I couldn't find any info on DLT....and they are now sold out :(
Nemo3000

Post by Nemo3000 »

Bwana1 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:39 pm
Does the Grey 20CV have the CQI ?, I couldn't find any info on DLT....and they are now sold out :(

Yes as shown on Alistair's video in this thread.
Bwana1

Post by Bwana1 »

Nemo3000 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:09 pm
Bwana1 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:39 pm

Yes as shown on Alistair's video in this thread.
Thank you Sir, now I just have to find one.