Are you going to Bladeshow 2021?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Halfneck

Re: Are you going to Bladeshow 2021?

Post by Halfneck »

I live a little over 1 hour away and, until last year, have attended every BLADE since they moved to Atlanta - so yes I will be going. Not worried about COVID-19. Not that I'm ignoring the risk, just that I work at a hospital and I've been exposed so many times it's silly. Had both shots a month+ ago, and I'll wear a mask. Fun part is it's allergy season now and it's kicking my butt. Nothing like having a wheezy cough during a pandemic...

Some ways it might make for a better show - less crowded. Though I expect the after show gathering at The Pit may be far more subdued.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 am
I’m gonna try to make it.

Is spyderco gonna give out vip passes again this year?
That’s a good question. I’m hoping so. I used to get the early bird pass but I’m not much on standing in the long line for hours before the show to try and get a specific knife. The atmosphere and meeting everyone is what I go for now. The VIP passes are great and you can’t beat the price.

Rich
Think for yourself
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Wish I could :)
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I wrote this up. Hopefully it helps someone.

Blade show ATL tips!!
For those planning to go here are some things I’ve learned over the many years that hopefully will help you. There is nothing I anticipate more through the year than Blade Show! June 4-6

1. Plan for traffic.

It’s a busy city especially that weekend. It will take you longer to commute from hotel/events center/ restaurant than normal.

2. Utilize Uber.

As I stated in tip 1, it’s a busy city. If you plan to drive around once you get there it will become increasingly difficult to find a spot to park if you are staying close to the events center as the show goes on.

3. Plan to spend at least one night in “The Pit”.

The pit is the lobby of the hotel that the events center is connected to called the Waverly. Every night during Blade Show there is a HUGE gathering of people (knife makers/ fans) that all show up and hang out together. There are two bars, people bring coolers and it’s just all around an amazing place. Truth be told it’s probably the highlight of my trip.

4. Wear comfortable shoes and bring something to put swag in!

You are going to be walking around the show for roughly 6-9 hours. Not a good time to break in the new sandles. Almost every table also has freebies such as stickers, pens, posters and other swag. You’ll need something comfortable to carry around to keep that stuff in along with your purchases.

5. Do your research on restaurants before hand!

There is an absolutely phenomenal mix of restaurants throughout the downtown area. (Another one of the main reasons I love to go). Whatever your taste is be sure to do a google search before hand and come up with a game plan that way you are not wasting time trying to figure it out later.

6. Have a loose game plan of what you want to do and see.

Your plans will change regardless of your initial game plan but it will save you a ton of time to at least have an idea of what you are looking to do and see.

7. Use the blade show website to plan your trip!

They have major discounts on hotels as well as a wide range of tools to help you plan for your trip. There are also classes/demos you can sign up for if you are into making knives or just interested in the process.

8. If you plan to get an early bird ticket get your tickets early!

If you don’t the early birds will be gone closer to the show.

9. Be sure to plan some time to walk around by the Braves stadium.

There are some really cool shops and some great restaurants all around the park. Also check to see if there’s home games to get tickets. Even if you aren’t into the team the stadium is like a friggin amusement park.

10. Common courtesy goes a long way.

When you are checking out the knives be mindful of what you are doing when handling them. Those models that are on the table are 99% of the time for sale. Don’t try and do some ninja moves with the knife in your hand and risk dropping it or scratching it up.
Think for yourself
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

I can't wait for Eric interview by David from knifecenter.
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Halfneck wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:31 am
I live a little over 1 hour away and, until last year, have attended every BLADE since they moved to Atlanta - so yes I will be going. Not worried about COVID-19. Not that I'm ignoring the risk, just that I work at a hospital and I've been exposed so many times it's silly. Had both shots a month+ ago, and I'll wear a mask. Fun part is it's allergy season now and it's kicking my butt. Nothing like having a wheezy cough during a pandemic...

Some ways it might make for a better show - less crowded. Though I expect the after show gathering at The Pit may be far more subdued.
This is what I'm hoping for. Large crowds are no fun.

Howdy, neighbor! You're up near my neck of the woods. I was just in Calhoun yesterday, getting some ridge vents.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson