Smaller P'kal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Smaller P'kal

Post by sal »

Well, it's been a month/ weeks since the last post. I've been working remote (Kauai). thanx to Peter and Roque, I've got a P'Kal with a 2.25" blade. I know it's a "nasty" piece, but I think it looks "cute". I'll bring it to the Blade show.

sal
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

Sounds fun, can't wait to see it!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Hope you let someone take pics for those unable to make it to Bladeshow! I'd love to see it.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

sal wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:35 pm
Well, it's been a month/ weeks since the last post. I've been working remote (Kauai). thanx to Peter and Roque, I've got a P'Kal with a 2.25" blade. I know it's a "nasty" piece, but I think it looks "cute". I'll bring it to the Blade show.

sal
Wow! I step away from the forums and miss this exciting piece of news!!!

I hope pictures are posted soon
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Loved that little proto you had at Blade Sal!!! Wow. Uou make it I am buyin it. That, a subway, mini yojimbo. Can’t wait.

Dave
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

I would also be interested in a smaller p’kal for all the reasons dd61999 has mentioned.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Reject wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm
Could the same result be achieved by modifying the blades on a couple of existing models?
Adding a wave to the Wharncliffe blade of the Delica or the Dragonfly would get you fairly close to what you are after.
Plus, :o The Delica and Dragonfly a little more friendly looking than the P’kal.

Shouldn’t take too much to modify the cutting edge to match the P’kal.

Putting a tail on the Dragonfly would aid with grip. The stubby lanyard can be held in the hand or dropped between the fingers.

Now; :D if Spyderco is going to start downsizing knives. :) How about a down sized Ronin?

Your pics make me think that a Waved Delica Wharncliffe needs to happen; a more affordable conventional grip 'tactical/utility' P'kal.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

sal wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:35 pm

sal
Well blade show has come and gone, anyone get a look at it?

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
TomH

Post by TomH »

I, too, am very curious.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

This could be a big seller
TomH

Post by TomH »

Your pics make me think that a Waved Delica Wharncliffe needs to happen; a more affordable conventional grip 'tactical/utility' P'kal.
[/quote]

This would be my new EDC.
DrHE

Post by DrHE »

Here is the Clinch Pick 2.0 (has checkered scale vs smooth) I carry every single day. I keep it just left of my belt buckle on the centerline with downward draw. It is completely concealed in the office under my work golf shirts worn untucked.

https://shivworkspg.com/product/shivwor ... -pick-2-0/
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Dave. We're considering it. It would have to bump somwething else out, which at this time, we're relutant to do.

Hi Blue,

No pics until we're within 6 months of delivery.

sal
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

sal wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 pm
Thanx Dave. We're considering it. It would have to bump somwething else out, which at this time, we're relutant to do.

Hi Blue,

No pics until we're within 6 months of delivery.

sal
This is exciting, have you gotten Craig Douglas thoughts on this. I’m just curious, Since some of his training involve the small spaces inside of a car. I think the smaller P’kal would work better in that application.

And maybe Michael Janich, because I applied some MBC biomechanical targets into my P’kal training.I think the two concepts would work well together
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This would be a genius move for an Exclusive.
What better way to excite the 'not another PM2' crowd than a first run of a new design?
Maybe a Red and Black 4V St. Nicks? Maybe an all Black from Bladeops, or somewhere else? Diamond checkered Pakawood and Rex45 from Knife Center?
Lots of really cool possibilities.

sal

Post by sal »

Hi Blue,

Haven't spoken to Craig about it. He may have see the thread, but didn't comment tome. I'm pretty sure Mike saw the proto at the Blade Show. He doesn't miss much.We should probably reach out to Craig and get his thoughts?

Hi Twinboys...

P'Kal's are not big sellers. We keep them in the line because of their function for our undercover guys. We do that with a few models.

sal
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

sal wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:13 am
Hi Blue,

Haven't spoken to Craig about it. He may have see the thread, but didn't comment tome. I'm pretty sure Mike saw the proto at the Blade Show. He doesn't miss much.We should probably reach out to Craig and get his thoughts?

Hi Twinboys...

P'Kal's are not big sellers. We keep them in the line because of their function for our undercover guys. We do that with a few models.

sal
Well count me in for a Lil P’kal for sure. I like smaller knives in the PM3, Lil Native, Dragonfly, Lava size and this sounds perfect
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

sal wrote:
Hi Blue,

Hi Twinboys...

sal

Thanks for the update….would it likely see production if it was a sprint run fixed blade, rather then a folder?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Blue72 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:13 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Blue,

Hi Twinboys...

sal

Thanks for the update….would it likely see production if it was a sprint run fixed blade, rather then a folder?
P’Kal= folder Reverse=fixed blade
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:10 pm

P’Kal= folder Reverse=fixed blade

The reverse was way to crazy big for EDC carry or the tight clinch situations I previously mentioned