Cutleryshoppe Exclusive Native Chief, DLC CTS-XHP, Orange G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VooDooChild

Re: Cutleryshoppe Exclusive Native Chief, DLC CTS-XHP, Orange G10

Post by VooDooChild »

I just couldnt resist the orange. At least it will match the shaman and manix 2 lightweight I have from them.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:20 pm
This will be the first iteration of the Chief I dont buy. Not a fan of Orange in the slightest, but for Rex45 I was willing to buy and dye. XHP doesn't really call my name. DLC is nice.

I will say this, 30 seconds in Racing Red RIT Dye-More (7parts water, 1 part dye) will have that looking like a St. NICKS Exclusive.
If I was going to dye one, this is the one, and I'd dye the scales black!
an all black chief would be cool.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:14 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:56 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:20 pm
This will be the first iteration of the Chief I dont buy. Not a fan of Orange in the slightest, but for Rex45 I was willing to buy and dye. XHP doesn't really call my name. DLC is nice.

I will say this, 30 seconds in Racing Red RIT Dye-More (7parts water, 1 part dye) will have that looking like a St. NICKS Exclusive.
If I was going to dye one, this is the one, and I'd dye the scales black!
an all black chief would be cool.
That is exactly what I'm going to do if I decide to order one. 100% blacked out is a cool look, and the Chief is my current favorite, so it makes sense. I like the red and black of the possible 4V run that I wouldn't want to dye one of those.
:unicorn
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I have to wait until Wed to see if I can buy another XHP to dye.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
K-bar1999

Post by K-bar1999 »

Good job CUTLERY SHOPPE ON EXCLUSIVE TODAY HASSLE FREE OTHER CO SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT THANKS
vanka

Post by vanka »

My order is still pending. The fact that i live in UK makes it so difficult to buy exclusives. Cutlery shoppe said they don't do shipping to UK. So i turned to a third party and they said no worries. Yes but no. The address i was given don't mach with my card so it gets declined. Next step - assisted purchase, raising the price with around 50$. Seems like everything is ok, but my order is stuck at pending. By the time they decide to do something it might be gone. At the end i have no idea if i have the knife or not. Even if everything goes well and they actually send it to me, UK customs have the final word. Wish me luck guys.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

vanka wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 am
My order is still pending. The fact that i live in UK makes it so difficult to buy exclusives. Cutlery shoppe said they don't do shipping to UK. So i turned to a third party and they said no worries. Yes but no. The address i was given don't mach with my card so it gets declined. Next step - assisted purchase, raising the price with around 50$. Seems like everything is ok, but my order is stuck at pending. By the time they decide to do something it might be gone. At the end i have no idea if i have the knife or not. Even if everything goes well and they actually send it to me, UK customs have the final word. Wish me luck guys.
I usually don't get involved in things, but I've seen you around here for a while so I'll ask.

Do you want someone in the US(like me for example) to get involved and help you?

I could go down to FedEx. Take a sample Native Chief knife with me, have them weigh it and give me a ball-park PLUS $5 in case it is more to get us an estimate on shipping. If you want insurance or shipped certified let me know now.

Then I would PM or post here the cost of the knife and shipping. Then you send to me via PayPal the total amount. Then I would make the purchase and ship it to you.

This is no problem for me, it's just a little leg work and as a fellow Spyderco collector I'd do it.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
vanka

Post by vanka »

Thank you for your offer. I really appreciate it. Not many people are willing to do things like this nowadays. But I'll have to decline for now - things are already in motion and I already paid, so I'll have to wait a bit. Hopefully I'll have an answer tomorrow.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

vanka wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Thank you for your offer. I really appreciate it. Not many people are willing to do things like this nowadays. But I'll have to decline for now - things are already in motion and I already paid, so I'll have to wait a bit. Hopefully I'll have an answer tomorrow.
OK, just did not want you to miss out! :)
vanka

Post by vanka »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:45 pm
vanka wrote:
Hopefully I won't. But in all honesty I'm kinda used to miss on a lot of exclusives. Living in a different continent makes it like a little adventure. Don't know about the other guys from outside the US, but I consider obtaining a exclusive for a bit of an accomplishment. :)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

vanka wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 pm
Naperville wrote:
vanka wrote:
Hopefully I won't. But in all honesty I'm kinda used to miss on a lot of exclusives. Living in a different continent makes it like a little adventure. Don't know about the other guys from outside the US, but I consider obtaining a exclusive for a bit of an accomplishment. :)
I can imagine it is difficult if you are overseas. I never buy Sprints for that very reason and I'm here in the US. I tried a few times and never had any luck. The fact that it is a 4 inch blade may have been the reason why we could get in on it, but I love the knife.
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

Unread postby Naperville » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:35 am

vanka wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:18 pm
I usually don't get involved in things, but I've seen you around here for a while so I'll ask.

Do you want someone in the US(like me for example) to get involved and help you?

I could go down to FedEx. Take a sample Native Chief knife with me, have them weigh it and give me a ball-park PLUS $5 in case it is more to get us an estimate on shipping. If you want insurance or shipped certified let me know now.

Then I would PM or post here the cost of the knife and shipping. Then you send to me via PayPal the total amount. Then I would make the purchase and ship it to you.

This is no problem for me, it's just a little leg work and as a fellow Spyderco collector I'd do it.

That is very decent of you Napperville to offer this.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

amateur blacksmith wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:03 pm
That is very decent of you Napperville to offer this.
vanka has been around here longer than I have been. Just thought it was the right thing to do.

Thanks!
kobold

Post by kobold »

:( I have too many XHP knives.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

vanka wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:00 pm
Naperville wrote:
vanka wrote:
Do you have a relationship with knifeworks.com? They will let their customers order from another company and ship to them, they they will ship it overseas...as least sometimes for regular customers.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

:D
•• Beau
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Mine arrived today too! Family picture time...
4A6A8133-E374-4407-A83A-360FF5058898.jpeg
Not saying I won’t get others, but doesn’t this selection pretty much cover the basics?
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I need to still buy the S30V version. Will do so soon. Excellent knife!

MOAR PLEASE!

S110V, 4V, Maxamet, ...
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I wouldn’t pass on 4V or Cruwear (dare I say, Crucarta?)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I want to be able to stick my hand in a drawer full of Spyderco Native Chiefs!