Spyderco Custom Shop

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
benben

Re: Spyderco Custom Shop

Post by benben »

I'd just love to see Cru-wear made available on everything in the Golden lineup!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

People still seem to forget that the other companies they are comparing Spyderco to are all much larger and older companies, with more resources (i.e. more already trained workers) than Spyderco has available. But I guess new models are boring and you'd rather have your personal variation of an old one. I'm pretty sure I have enough knives to last the rest of my life anyway.
Stoney87

Post by Stoney87 »

Jared wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:47 pm
I would order at least one, at least if analysis paralysis didn’t kick in. Then I’d spend forever trying to choose the exact configuration I wanted.
Lol I have never heard this phrase but thats me to a “T”. I would certainly buy one if I am able afford it as well.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

I would vote no...especially if custom shop models would become confused with sprints and exclusives. I think that the PRICE would end up preventing a lot of Spyderco folks from participating. Maybe not the Benchmade's sell (too high priced for me) Custom Shop models would have to be readily identifiable with different packaging and maybe as authenticity card. If it is just a Custom Order with, with I want this steel, this color / handle material its more of a Frankenstein.
Stoney87

Post by Stoney87 »

I think they could do it without confusing sprint runs by only offering certain steels, bd1n, s30, 20cv and maybe an s90 or something higher end? Maybe have a different spyder laser mark on the blade so it’s be more obvious to to the buyers if someone sold one second hand.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

More than anything I wish Spyderco offered a serration grinding service. So far I just don't trust anyone else to add them to my knives, especially some that are sprints and hard to replace. If Spyderco offered it I would spend quite a lot of money having knives done.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Stainless

Post by Stainless »

Even if they just let us pick a blade steel and it was black scales only. I mean anything is better than nothing.
Team Para 3 M390/20cv/204p | We need a #VanaxPara3