Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby ZrowsN1s » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:45 pm

Was just reading the Spyderco Byte, which was really informative this month. Was cool to learn more about heat treatment, H1 and LC200N.

It's awesome that we are getting more Full Flat Grind Plain Edge Salt options. The Wharncliffe LC200N Salt in particular has my attention.

But the models I most want are yet to be announced.

Will there be a FFG PE Dragonfly, Hawkbill Dragonfly, Ladybug, Hawkbill Ladybug, Tasman, and as long as I'm dreaming out loud a Lil' Matriarch?
I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

User avatar
steelcity16
Member
Posts: 4670
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby steelcity16 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 pm

I hope so! I just got the Ladybug Hawkbill and Dragonfly Hawkbill a few days ago. I'd totally buy FFG LC200N versions of each in PE and SE. The one I really want though is an FFG LC200N SE Spyderhawk 2 Salt.
:spyder: CRU-CARTA THEM ALL! :spyder:

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 23050
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby Evil D » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:47 am

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 pm
I hope so! I just got the Ladybug Hawkbill and Dragonfly Hawkbill a few days ago. I'd totally buy FFG LC200N versions of each in PE and SE. The one I really want though is an FFG LC200N SE Spyderhawk 2 Salt.



Yep. Instant purchase. Please keep the tip a little on the thick side.
How you carry yourself is just as important as what you carry.
~David

User avatar
Stainless
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:11 pm
Location: USA

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby Stainless » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:17 pm

I would love a Para 3 in H1, LC200N, or Vanax Superclean.
Team Para 3 M390/20cv/204p | We need a #VanaxPara3

z1r
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:39 pm
Location: Lakewood, CO

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby z1r » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm

Wish I had subscribed sooner so I could receive the March byte. Would love to read that article. I would love a SE Hawkbill Dragonfly but rightly or wrongly assumed that the H1 would not have good edge retention based on the feedback I've received. Then again, that might make it easier to touch up.

While I don't really need the corrosion resistance of LC200N, if it leads to a SE Hawkbill DF, I'm all for it so I can snatch one up!

User avatar
ladybug93
Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby ladybug93 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:58 pm

z1r wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Wish I had subscribed sooner so I could receive the March byte. Would love to read that article. I would love a SE Hawkbill Dragonfly but rightly or wrongly assumed that the H1 would not have good edge retention based on the feedback I've received. Then again, that might make it easier to touch up.

While I don't really need the corrosion resistance of LC200N, if it leads to a SE Hawkbill DF, I'm all for it so I can snatch one up!
i used to get it, but i didn't get this one for some reason. :\

User avatar
elena86
Member
Posts: 2967
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby elena86 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:56 pm

Lil’Kapara
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it " ( Rabindranath Tagore )

tbdoc4kids
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 pm
Location: Mission, KS

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby tbdoc4kids » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 pm

z1r wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Wish I had subscribed sooner so I could receive the March byte. Would love to read that article. I would love a SE Hawkbill Dragonfly but rightly or wrongly assumed that the H1 would not have good edge retention based on the feedback I've received. Then again, that might make it easier to touch up.

While I don't really need the corrosion resistance of LC200N, if it leads to a SE Hawkbill DF, I'm all for it so I can snatch one up!
There is an archive of bytes in the (IIRC) resources menu on the main Spyderco.com site. It runs about a month behind, but should show up there soon.

User avatar
DansGearAddiction
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby DansGearAddiction » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 pm

I'd love to live in a world where most Taichung models have LC200N as an option.
:spyder: Current - Chaparral "Stealth" Ti, McBee, Pingo
:spyder: Former - Brouwer, Caribbean, Chaparral LW, Dragonfly 2, Manix 2, Native 5 LW, Paramilitary 2, Para 3, Roadie, Salt 2, UKPK

skeeg11
Member
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby skeeg11 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:11 pm

DansGearAddiction wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 pm
I'd love to live in a world where most Taichung models have LC200N as an option.
I hear you on that!!! The SpydieChef is such a fantastic LC200N Salt. It will never happen, but in my mind, for me the most useful folding knife would have been a saltified serrated LC200N Mantra 2. Any other knife in my pocket would be secondary.

I respect Sal's long lasting and loyal relationship with his Japanese maker for H1 Salts. There are, however, some Golden designs that may be very desirable as saltified LC200N models. The first one that comes to mind is the Native Chief as a stablemate to the Native 5 Salt. Would be interesting to hear other's choices and viewpoints. Can't hardly wait for the UKPK Salt to drop.

User avatar
TenGrainBread
Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 am

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby TenGrainBread » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:17 pm

tbdoc4kids wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 pm
There is an archive of bytes in the (IIRC) resources menu on the main Spyderco.com site. It runs about a month behind, but should show up there soon.
Can you post a link? Can't find it.

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 5260
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby ZrowsN1s » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:53 am

skeeg11 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:11 pm
DansGearAddiction wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:33 pm
I'd love to live in a world where most Taichung models have LC200N as an option.
I hear you on that!!! The SpydieChef is such a fantastic LC200N Salt. It will never happen, but in my mind, for me the most useful folding knife would have been a saltified serrated LC200N Mantra 2. Any other knife in my pocket would be secondary.

I respect Sal's long lasting and loyal relationship with his Japanese maker for H1 Salts. There are, however, some Golden designs that may be very desirable as saltified LC200N models. The first one that comes to mind is the Native Chief as a stablemate to the Native 5 Salt. Would be interesting to hear other's choices and viewpoints. Can't hardly wait for the UKPK Salt to drop.
A salty chief does sound intriguing. A police4 as well. A larger knife. I know there is the Caribbean, but the design never spoke to me.
I ❤ The POLICE :spyder:

skeeg11
Member
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby skeeg11 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Me either. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on the Caribbean. On paper I should really like this knife. Maybe the blade stock could be a touch thinner. If it was profiled like David's serrated Lambfoot/wharnie, that would have pushed me over the edge.

User avatar
ladybug93
Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby ladybug93 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:17 pm

skeeg11 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:35 pm
Me either. Couldn't quite pull the trigger on the Caribbean. On paper I should really like this knife. Maybe the blade stock could be a touch thinner. If it was profiled like David's serrated Lambfoot/wharnie, that would have pushed me over the edge.
it's better than i wanted it to be. you should give it a try if you can.

skeeg11
Member
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby skeeg11 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 pm

I haven't ruled it out, but first I have to get the upcoming serrated LC200N UKPK Salt and Swick. :) And no Seki lock rock to contend with. :p ;) :p

User avatar
ladybug93
Member
Posts: 2308
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby ladybug93 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:53 pm

skeeg11 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 pm
I haven't ruled it out, but first I have to get the upcoming serrated LC200N UKPK Salt and Swick. :) And no Seki lock rock to contend with. :p ;) :p
i keep forgetting about the swick. i want one of those too.

tbdoc4kids
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 pm
Location: Mission, KS

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby tbdoc4kids » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 am

https://www.spyderco.com/resources/byte-e-newsletter/

Scroll down to see the archived bytes.

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 23050
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby Evil D » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:01 am

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:58 pm
z1r wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:52 pm
Wish I had subscribed sooner so I could receive the March byte. Would love to read that article. I would love a SE Hawkbill Dragonfly but rightly or wrongly assumed that the H1 would not have good edge retention based on the feedback I've received. Then again, that might make it easier to touch up.

While I don't really need the corrosion resistance of LC200N, if it leads to a SE Hawkbill DF, I'm all for it so I can snatch one up!
i used to get it, but i didn't get this one for some reason. :\



Mine always show up in my spam folder.
How you carry yourself is just as important as what you carry.
~David

Mugman16
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:39 am

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby Mugman16 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:05 pm

If I could have a pm2 in a lc200n variant itd be my primary knife.

User avatar
Abyss_Fish
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:23 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Will there be more LC200N Salts? especially Hawkbills?

Postby Abyss_Fish » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:48 pm

I would have to assume there are more coming yeah. The dragonfly salt seems like the logical next step, followed by other sekis like the bugs and the uh... police? Anyways I’d love a wharncliffe d-fly in lc200n.

I also sorta don’t think the lc200n salt line will spill into the other factories as quickly as people want. The most likely knife next in line is the para 3 lw as it’s somewhat in line with the other Golden salt. Then after that I know people have been asking for a salt Kapara for ages so that’ll probably follow. At least that’s how I see it playing out.
Patiently waiting for the smallfly 2.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, Kapara DLT sprint 20cv, Manix lw “mystic” sprint 20cv, Siren, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v, s90v, 20cv/m390/204p, cts-xhp


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JAS777, JRinFL, Leksy, Loki.88, Majestic-12 [Bot], The Meat man and 46 guests