byte e-newsletter

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Swincher.2

byte e-newsletter

Post by Swincher.2 »

Where is the monthly newsletter at??
TazKristi

Re: byte e-newsletter

Post by TazKristi »

Swincher.2 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:27 pm
Where is the monthly newsletter at??
Hi, Swincher.2:
We've got one day left in March. It will go out tomorrow. Thank you for your interest!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

It’s live, thanks Kristi. I really enjoyed this month’s salt focused byte.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Excellent Video at the end of the Byte Articles!!!

SALTS IN ACTION
Designers Insight

Lance Clinton is a professional kayak fisherman who lives in Costa Rica. Having spent literally thousands of hours on the water and many hundreds of hours cleaning fish, he has an exceptional understanding of what works and doesn’t work when it comes to hard-use marine knives. A devoted fan of our Salt Series knives, Lance, aka “Surfingringo,” is also a prolific contributor to the Spyderco Internet forum and the designer of the Waterway™ and Siren™ models.

Lance’s unparalleled knowledge of the nuances of using knives in and around the water comes from hard-earned experience. Recently, he and two friends—accompanied by world-class videographer Augustin Muñoz—decided to add to that experience by embarking upon a multi-day survival fishing trip. Armed only with fishing gear, bait, and Spyderco knives, they trusted their skills and wits to keep themselves alive and fed. This amazing video provides a glimpse of that remarkable adventure.

Our sincere thanks to Augustin Muñoz, Lance Clinton, and their companions for sharing this breathtaking video with us.

https://youtu.be/mLvXXiEAoO8
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

I also loved the Salt write-up. Learned a lot, very cool!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Wow! What a GREAT video! Love seeing that Genzow in action as well as the Murray Carter. Also if you read this SurfinGringo, tell Nico congrats again on winning a spot in the calendar. It's so cool you guys got featured in the Byte the same month his picture is featured! :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

That was one of the better Bytes I've read. I really enjoyed the video with the guys in Costa Rica too
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

PStone wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:43 pm
Wow! What a GREAT video! Love seeing that Genzow in action as well as the Murray Carter. Also if you read this SurfinGringo, tell Nico congrats again on winning a spot in the calendar. It's so cool you guys got featured in the Byte the same month his picture is featured! :spyder:
The Genzow is an absolute gem! Probably my sleeper pick of the year. I have found it far more useful as a camping tool than I expected it to be...and it throws pretty dang well too. :cool:
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I was thinking .. “pleeassse attach a line to the Ganzow and use it as an anchor ...!”