New release 3/24 CutleryShoppe exclusive!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rp5

Re: New release 3/24 CutleryShoppe exclusive!

Post by Rp5 »

yowzer wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am
Had one in my cart at 1001 MST, entering card number at 1002... and already sold out and won't let me finalize the order.

Thanks for the reminder of why I usually don't even bother trying to score sprint runs and exclusives these days, I guess.
Ouch. I've been trying to tell people how short supply the Shaman market is, but I get told I'm just not looking hard enough. Sprints and exclusives are tough.
chrisjohn

Post by chrisjohn »

Ordering went smoothly. Hit it as soon as the page went live.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Ha, I considered altering my sched to try and get one. Glad I didn't bother. Crazy.
WRB

Post by WRB »

yowzer wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am
Had one in my cart at 1001 MST, entering card number at 1002... and already sold out and won't let me finalize the order.

Thanks for the reminder of why I usually don't even bother trying to score sprint runs and exclusives these days, I guess.
Just a tip: If you are manually typing in any information during checkout you are going to have a harder time getting any of these that sell out quickly. You should be logged in, already have your address and payment info stored in your account if possible, and have autofill set up with all your info so that any information that can't be stored in your account can be filled with a single click. That way it's just a few mouse clicks from add to cart to checkout with no typing involved.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

WRB wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:44 am
Just a tip: If you are manually typing in any information during checkout you are going to have a harder time getting any of these that sell out quickly. You should be logged in, already have your address and payment info stored in your account if possible, and have autofill set up with all your info so that any information that can't be stored in your account can be filled with a single click. That way it's just a few mouse clicks from add to cart to checkout with no typing involved.
Um... duh?

Everything but my credit card was already pre-filled out as part of my CS account, which I had logged into before the sale went live.
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

Smooth transaction, checked out by 12:01
Thanks Cuttlery Shoppe!
WRB

Post by WRB »

yowzer wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 am
WRB wrote:
Um... duh?

Everything but my credit card was already pre-filled out as part of my CS account, which I had logged into before the sale went live.
I interpreted your wording to mean you were typing in your card information, hence the tip to not waste time doing that. Some folks aren't very tech-savvy. My intent was to be helpful.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

^thumb's up
The mad dash is kind of funny. I can see why some would be frustrated but it's just a game. There are plenty of high performing knives that you can buy without being the fastest.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

WRB wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:11 am
yowzer wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 am
WRB wrote:
Um... duh?

I interpreted your wording to mean you were typing in your card information, hence the tip to not waste time doing that. Some folks aren't very tech-savvy. My intent was to be helpful.
I also took what you said, as trying to be helpful for future reference. Missed sprints/exclusives can bring out a little crazy in people sometimes :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JMM

Post by JMM »

Does anyone know how many pieces were run for this Exclusive?

There are already 8 on eBay... LOL
potahto

Post by potahto »

Had to lock eyes on the laptop while a coworker was speaking to the side of my head but I scored.

With a jade Mini Freek from REI (20% off) arriving today, that's two good things to happen in a week.... *suspicious*
"Harry, your hands are freezing!" -Lloyd
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

JMM wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:31 am
Does anyone know how many pieces were run for this Exclusive?

There are already 8 on eBay... LOL
Crazy
MRj “Weak things break!”
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

potahto wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:54 am
Had to lock eyes on the laptop while a coworker was speaking to the side of my head but I scored.

With a jade Mini Freek from REI (20% off) arriving today, that's two good things to happen in a week.... *suspicious*
You know what they say... good knife deals always happen in threes.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Missed this one but hoping we see more xhp shamans!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
JMM

Post by JMM »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:09 pm
Missed this one but hoping we see more xhp shamans!
Well, you didn't completely miss out, there are 10 separate listings on eBay right now, many with 2 available, so there's that.... :rolleyes:
:p
;)
:eek:

All kidding aside, I'm guessing there will be a Satin run in the not to distant future...
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I wonder... if the flippers could theoretically be blocked, would the current availability satisfy the actual buyers? Or would there be some leftover in inventory? Said another way, is it strictly the flipper activity creating the fomo frenzy?
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 pm
I wonder... if the flippers could theoretically be blocked, would the current availability satisfy the actual buyers? Or would there be some leftover in inventory? Said another way, is it strictly the flipper activity creating the fomo frenzy?
Probably not. At least not for this model, considering it sold out in under two minutes.

EBAY has like 12 up for sale, so lets imagine 50-60 total flipper pieces to be sold at bladeforums, knifeswap, or EBAY. Would 50 other people be interested in purchasing it over the next hour? I'd say probably. How about over the next couple days, after the next paycheck, after next month's knife purchasing budget? Probably easily 100-200 more people, if not more. I'd imagine 200 pieces is approximately 25%-30% of the entire run, and I prefer not to think 1 in every 4 people that bought the drop is just a flipper.

That's assuming a limit of 2 per customer and near-instant sellout. There's other exclusives / sprint runs that don't sell out for a while. Hard to be a flipper on those.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Based on the size and number of shipping boxes they showed on their IG, it looks like it was about a 2400 piece run, as was the wharnie PM2 from last month.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Wow... hadn't seen that.

If they sold 2,000 knives in 2 minutes with no website crashing, that's crazy.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Accutron wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:16 pm
Based on the size and number of shipping boxes they showed on their IG, it looks like it was about a 2400 piece run, as was the wharnie PM2 from last month.
Their website says the wharncliffe pm2 was a 900 piece run.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."