It’s time for a Police LW Salt!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a Police LW Salt?

Yes, plain edge LC200N
28%
Yes, plain edge H1
4%
Yes, serrated H1
8%
Yes, both PE and serrated
46%
No, I have no interest in a Police LW Salt
15%

Total votes: 80

Surfingringo

It’s time for a Police LW Salt!!

Post by Surfingringo »

It’s no secret that I’ve been a fan of the Pacific Salt for years. I have carried that knife through all manner of on and off water adventures and aside from one obvious choice, it is my favorite all time Spyderco. :cool: That said, I really think that I might use a Police LW Salt even more than the Pacific Salt. I usually don’t carry a folder that large for EDC but for my fishing and outdoor adventure I think the extra length would be beneficial. LC200 would be nice in PE but I would DEFINITELY still want the option of getting a serrated Police in H1.

Anybody else interested in a Police LW Salt??
VooDooChild

Re: It’s time for a Police LW Salt!!

Post by VooDooChild »

Im down.

Lanyard hole and a boye dent as well?
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Explorador

Post by Explorador »

I enjoy very much that extra length of the P4. But also the proportions and the blade geometry make it so well balanced for universal use, that I even wish a complete „Police series“ in different sizes and all with a extrem high corrosion resistance AND extrem high edge retention. Lc200n would be good, or an even more resistant steel like Vanax or this new steel that has no name yet but was presented in the forum recently.
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

A serrated P4 Salt would be amazing.

A linerless P4 Salt would be even MORE amazing. I love my linerless Spydercos (Native Salt and Native Chief) and I think a linerless P4 with slightly thicker scales would be an ergonomic and lightweight dream knife.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A serrated version would be just fine. Either steel.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Yeah I'm in. Voted for PE and SE. LC200N PE and H1 SE respectively.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Not happy anymore with Siren and Waterway :D ?
You might have a better influence in here, can I ask you to also suggest a LC200N Military PE/SE Yellow G10?
At least a Sprint, I'm sure it will sell-out quick.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've long said a Police Salt could be the last folder I buy (Or Chief Salt nowadays...)

While I love my Pacific Salts and Siren, the Police is my favorite size for a folder.

For years I'd carry the Police most the year and switch to Pacifics in the summer.

I'd love to carry my preferred size year round.

I'd take BOTH serrated and plain....multiples of each in fact!
:unicorn
tnguye21umbc

Post by tnguye21umbc »

I signed in just to vote yes for a Police Salt SE :D

Hope Sal is watching these wish-list threads. :)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I put "No", BUT I will change that if they add the dent to the salt model. FFG SE LC200N for me as well, which was not an option. I'd probably grab a FFG PE LC200N as well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Koop

Post by Koop »

Hey Surfingringo, I've been away from this forum for awhile as I've been going down the Japanese kitchen knife rabbit hole. Good to see you're still posting, I always enjoyed your contributions regarding fishing and using your Spydercos.
PM2 Camo DLC S30V - Chaparral XHP - Delica 4 VG-10 -Manix 2 LW CTS BD1 - Manix 2 LW KC Exclusive XHP - Tenacious 8Cr13MoV - Dragonfly VG10 - PM3 Sprint Cruwear Light Gray G10 - K08 Santoku
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

If we're gettin' weird, I wouldn't mind a LW Salt Yojimbo.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

I really think a Police Salt is a great idea.

I voted PE LC200N but running it in PE & SE would be ideal. So many people have been asking for a full serrated Police Lightweight lately.

Lightweight, strong, large and rustproof. I think a Police Salt would be an awesome knife for military and first responders. Except for the occasional sharpening, maintenance on such a knife would be minimal.

As others have mentioned it really should have a lanyard hole. I think that’s a requirement on a knife intended for use on the water. While I’m on the subject of configuration I think a Police Salt should be linerless G-10 too.

Either way I would totally buy a Police Salt.

An all black version with PE black coated LC200N blade and hardware would be irresistible.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm not voting because i probably won't buy one if it ever came to be, but i think a police in the older grind pattern with the hollow front and swedge would be awesome in coated h1. for lw construction, it would be cool to see it in unlined g10 with a blue backspacer for police. that would be pretty sick. the only reason i wouldn't get one is because i have the pacific salt already and no need for a similar model with a little bit of extra blade.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

Absolutely! Perhaps they could call it the Coastie in honor of US Coast Guard personnel who exercise police authority on American waterways.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My first choice would be FFG/SE/LC but I don't see that option.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

I agree the Police is a model that could use a Salt variant. PE lc200n or SE H1 or even ffg se lc200n.

I use/carry smaller clipless knives most of the time, but would love to have a salt Police.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Also this knife should be called the Hawaiian 5-0...
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JMM

Post by JMM »

Surfingringo wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:28 am
It’s no secret that I’ve been a fan of the Pacific Salt for years. I have carried that knife through all manner of on and off water adventures and aside from one obvious choice, it is my favorite all time Spyderco. :cool: That said, I really think that I might use a Police LW Salt even more than the Pacific Salt. I usually don’t carry a folder that large for EDC but for my fishing and outdoor adventure I think the extra length would be beneficial. LC200 would be nice in PE but I would DEFINITELY still want the option of getting a serrated Police in H1.

Anybody else interested in a Police LW Salt??
[+1] For that awesome idea . . . ↑ ↑ ↑

A P4 LW w/LC200N PE & SE in the new Toxic green, oh I am 100% in for both SE & PE
&
A P4 LW w/H1 SE in yellow FRN, I am in for one SE, I will likely pass on any PE H1 regardless of model.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

:Bump: for TheGiant80

I voted for both PE & SE. Toxic Green LC200N works for me!
So it goes.