DLT Exclusive OD Green G10 / DLC S90V PM2 Available March 30th @ 11:00 AM CST

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JMM

Re: DLT Exclusive OD Green G10 / DLC S90V PM2 Available March 30th @ 11:00 AM CST

Post by JMM »

GautamGoel wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:25 pm
JMM, do you run OpenBSD? I recognize your avatar as Puffy!

Kinda tired of all these PM2 sprints, would really like to see more Endura sprints, especially an Endura in Cruwear or s110v.
I do indeed, first prize to you for recognizing puffy! Tip o' the cap to ya! :D

Are you a *nix user?
Naperville

Re: DLT Exclusive OD Green G10 / DLC S90V PM2 Available March 30th @ 11:00 AM CST

Post by Naperville »

JMM wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 pm
GautamGoel wrote:

Kinda tired of all these PM2 sprints, would really like to see more Endura sprints, especially an Endura in Cruwear or s110v.

Are you a *nix user?
I went through at least 5 versions of OpenBSD. I studied the OS and did shell scripting for years. Loved it. I ended up in Silicon Valley working in a NOC due to CCNA training, followed by employment at a Biotech. What I really wanted at the time was to work with OpenBSD but all of the jobs were on the East Coast, so it never came together for me, and I stopped supporting OpenBSD.

As strange as it sounds, I never warmed up to FreeBSD. In the end I had systems at home that ran OpenBSD and RedHat Linux/CentOS.

If I were to give you a breakdown of my weekly duties in Silicon Valley they would be from most to least time consuming: Microsoft; Printers; Cisco; Apple; RedHat Linux. I never got to do any hard core shell scripting even though I spent thousands of hours hacking up shell scripts. I only ever had two interviews that required any shell skills.

My degree is a BS in MIS, not CompSci, and that is why they never hired me as a programmer.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:27 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:23 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:20 pm
Hour later decided to pick one up. I do feel I might be getting to Spydie-Saturation. I can’t keep up with all these nice new releases.
I'm feeling a bit over-saturated myself these days. Even got the K390 Endela and kind of went...oh okay and put it back in the box. :)
Same here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I personally feel like I have enough Spyderco knives to satisfy all my needs. I don't feel the NEED to get any at the moment. My last Spyderco was in December (just so happens to be the K390 Endela...which you should throw in the pocket, it's a great one ;) ) I won't be buying any until something really exotic comes out with some new steel, model or lock. It feels good not to be chasing and lingering in hopes of something...just play the wait and see game. I was wondering if I'd ever have this feeling, and it feels good to feel content :)

Endela is fine and I actually did have it in my pocket for awhile. No complaints but just more of the same. I think I've just finally realized that the whole knife thing can be never ending if you let it. Always chasing something better (and usually more $). I have knives I really like but never use because something new was always showing up. Probably just need to coast on what I have for awhile and see where it goes
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:17 pm
JMM wrote:
GautamGoel wrote:

Are you a *nix user?
I went through at least 5 versions of OpenBSD. I studied the OS and did shell scripting for years. Loved it. I ended up in Silicon Valley working in a NOC due to CCNA training, followed by employment at a Biotech. What I really wanted at the time was to work with OpenBSD but all of the jobs were on the East Coast, so it never came together for me, and I stopped supporting OpenBSD.

As strange as it sounds, I never warmed up to FreeBSD. In the end I had systems at home that ran OpenBSD and RedHat Linux/CentOS.

If I were to give you a breakdown of my weekly duties in Silicon Valley they would be from most to least time consuming: Microsoft; Printers; Cisco; Apple; RedHat Linux. I never got to do any hard core shell scripting even though I spent thousands of hours hacking up shell scripts. I only ever had two interviews that required any shell skills.

My degree is a BS in MIS, not CompSci, and that is why they never hired me as a programmer.
^Just reading that made my brain hurt!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:17 pm
JMM wrote:
GautamGoel wrote:

Are you a *nix user?

Eyyy another local Spyerhead, hello to you good sir! I'm a contractor born and raised in the Silicon Valley. My grandparents owned a dairy in the South Bay long before any tech was in the area.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:27 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:23 pm
SLOSpyder wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:20 pm
Hour later decided to pick one up. I do feel I might be getting to Spydie-Saturation. I can’t keep up with all these nice new releases.
I'm feeling a bit over-saturated myself these days. Even got the K390 Endela and kind of went...oh okay and put it back in the box. :)
Same here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I personally feel like I have enough Spyderco knives to satisfy all my needs. I don't feel the NEED to get any at the moment. My last Spyderco was in December (just so happens to be the K390 Endela...which you should throw in the pocket, it's a great one ;) ) I won't be buying any until something really exotic comes out with some new steel, model or lock. It feels good not to be chasing and lingering in hopes of something...just play the wait and see game. I was wondering if I'd ever have this feeling, and it feels good to feel content :)

Endela is fine and I actually did have it in my pocket for awhile. No complaints but just more of the same. I think I've just finally realized that the whole knife thing can be never ending if you let it. Always chasing something better (and usually more $). I have knives I really like but never use because something new was always showing up. Probably just need to coast on what I have for awhile and see where it goes
Big 10-4 0n that. I have brand new knives never in pocket and keep looking for more. Its a sickness . I carried a Case Stockman for 20 years and was happy. One day I went to the dark side,,,,
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Got mine right at 11:00 CST no problem; smoothest exclusive checkout ever. I checked back around 12:15 and still in stock! Sent a text to my brother who has been bugging me about which Spyderco he should buy and told him to grab this one. He now has his 1st Spyderco on the way from DLT. He was shopping DLT and found some other knives he has been looking for. DLT has a new customer.
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

CXXX wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm
Got mine right at 11:00 CST no problem; smoothest exclusive checkout ever. I checked back around 12:15 and still in stock! Sent a text to my brother who has been bugging me about which Spyderco he should buy and told him to grab this one. He now has his 1st Spyderco on the way from DLT. He was shopping DLT and found some other knives he has been looking for. DLT has a new customer.
Love this.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

DLTJordan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 am
CXXX wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm
Love this.
That's awesome!

I'm always happy when people get their first Spyderco it's definitely something special, and to have it be an exclusive to is even better! My first Spyderco was a Christmas gift from my buddy, the tenacious and at the time a 40 dollar pocket knife was my "limit". It surprised me in everyway and when it got confiscated... I knew I wanted another Spyderco but I didn't know how far in the knife rabbithole it would take me.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I was watching this one. I'm glad to see it sold out and I'm happier to see it didn't happen in a few brief minutes. Around the lunch hour here, I did put it in my cart and redeemed my rewards points - then, I ended out passing on it as I originally intended. Now hoping I don't regret this later on down the road.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
GautamGoel

Post by GautamGoel »

JMM wrote:
GautamGoel wrote:

Are you a *nix user?
Yeah, I run Fedora. Never really tried OpenBSD, though I did try FreeBSD for a few weeks. Big fan of the project though, it does a lot for the FOSS community.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:47 pm
Just reading that made my brain hurt!
:D

Some days on that job made my head hurt too!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 pm
Eyyy another local Spyerhead, hello to you good sir! I'm a contractor born and raised in the Silicon Valley. My grandparents owned a dairy in the South Bay long before any tech was in the area.
Nope! Unfortunately I left Silicon Valley in the 1st quarter of 2002, and drove to Stockton, where I lived in a van and did the martial arts of Escrima and Arnis for around 6 months, training 7 days a week.

I studied the edged weapon arts of SLD, Bahala Na, and Mata Sa Bagyo.

I was back in Chicago, Illinois in the Winter of 2002.

As you know there was a crash on NASDAQ that hit Silicon Valley pretty hard in 2002. The business unit that I worked for closed down. I could not get a job even in an ingot fab factory pushing a broom, or I would have stayed.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

So I got this in today. I dont usually prefer dlc but this knife looks amazing.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Eliteone2383

Post by Eliteone2383 »

I'm seriously considering buying one but I'd have to buy CF scales separately and not sure it's worth it.
Stay sharp!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

I missed the drop :)
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Naperville wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:24 pm
Spyderman91 wrote:
Nope! Unfortunately I left Silicon Valley in the 1st quarter of 2002, and drove to Stockton, where I lived in a van and did the martial arts of Escrima and Arnis for around 6 months, training 7 days a week.

As you know there was a crash on NASDAQ that hit Silicon Valley pretty hard in 2002. The business unit that I worked for closed down. I could not get a job even in an ingot fab factory pushing a broom, or I would have stayed.
I remember that year very well, and it definitely set up the Silicon Valley that we see today.

As much as this place is my hometown it does get difficult to stay as time goes on (cost vs living vs ACTUAL quality of life). It's sad but locals and people who've been here most of their lives are a dying breed. We are being supplanted by everyone everywhere who comes here trying to be the next "Zuckerberg".

It's a shame because I feel like most don't even realize what they have in front of them (in terms of land, and culture). All they see is the bright lights and the hypnotic effect of allllll the freebies / perks that come with a cushiony tech job. My grandparents owned a dairy before the government came in and bought it through eminent domain. It's part of why I have such a love hate relationship with this place because my roots run deep, but the climate is cut throat and I'm tired of fighting the tide. Even if I made the coveted 100k a year... I still wouldn't be able to afford a house and would require a partner, winning the lottery, selling drugs, becoming a realtor, or divine intervention.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 am
Naperville wrote:
Spyderman91 wrote:

I remember that year very well, and it definitely set up the Silicon Valley that we see today.

As much as this place is my hometown it does get difficult to stay as time goes on (cost vs living vs ACTUAL quality of life). It's sad but locals and people who've been here most of their lives are a dying breed. We are being supplanted by everyone everywhere who comes here trying to be the next "Zuckerberg".

It's a shame because I feel like most don't even realize what they have in front of them (in terms of land, and culture). All they see is the bright lights and the hypnotic effect of allllll the freebies / perks that come with a cushiony tech job. My grandparents owned a dairy before the government came in and bought it through eminent domain. It's part of why I have such a love hate relationship with this place because my roots run deep, but the climate is cut throat and I'm tired of fighting the tide. Even if I made the coveted 100k a year... I still wouldn't be able to afford a house and would require a partner, winning the lottery, selling drugs, becoming a realtor, or divine intervention.
Truer words have never been spoken!

I loved Silicon Valley. It just did not work out for me. Glad that it's alive and kicking.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:36 pm
Spyderman91 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:50 am
Naperville wrote:
Spyderman91 wrote:

Truer words have never been spoken!

I loved Silicon Valley. It just did not work out for me. Glad that it's alive and kicking.
Sounds like all of California sadly. The “getting difficult to stay comment” is too true. :(
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Pocket full of OD! Mine also came with a sheet for the REC 204P FDE PM2 instead of one specific to this exclusive - I’m betting DLT isn’t terribly pleased with that! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King