Lost and Found! Whew!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Lost and Found! Whew!

Post by Doc Dan »

I lost my UKPK S110V that I carry in my pocket around the house everyday. I had on a pair of shorts that are notorious for things falling out of the pockets. I had used another knife the night before to open some packages (I keep a Roadie by the door) and the next morning I did not use it. I was therefore unsure as to when it fell out. I turned the house upside down. I took the cushions out of chairs, looked under the sofa, looked in and under my bed, all for naught.

Finally, my wife suggested I take the cushion out of my recliner for one more look. I had done that last night, twice. But, to humor her, I did it. Nothing. However, daylight gives a better perspective and as I started feeling around the sides, I saw a slender strip of silver on the very edge of the frame behind the covering black cloth. It was my knife!

How it got wedged into that place, so far back and away from where I would sit on the chair I do not know, but it was there. I found my knife. Now the whole day seems brighter.
Picture from knifeworks.com because I am too lazy to take one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
chrisb507

Re: Lost and Found! Whew!

Post by chrisb507 »

The UKPK is a great "around the house" knife! Glad it wasn't lost forever...
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Phew! It is strange how lost items reappear where you have looked already.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

That's true. It is like an angel just drops it there for you to find after you have already looked at that spot really well.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Such a great feeling! I have a drawer full of users so I am constantly losing them around the house. Luckily I always find them, but some have gone missing for weeks or months at a time until I find it in a random box or wherever.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:25 am
[...] Luckily I always find them, but some have gone missing for weeks or months at a time until I find it in a random box or wherever.
I dearly hope this is the case for my beloved and mia native 5 smooth cruwear. It was literally clipped in my pocket as I was packing up the car for a weekend camping trip with the family back in January, and when I went to drive away it was no longer in pocket. I grabbed my native salt for weekend, but the cruwear has yet to resurface. I'm hoping I used it and just put it down in a very unusual spot and had a brain malfunction, and it will turn up in spring cleaning soon ::fingers crossed::
~andrew
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Good on you Doc, that has to be a wonderful feeling!

I'm kind of odd, though I suppose it's a good thing. I'm pretty ocd/organized kind of person, everything has a place and is always placed in the same spot. I can get dressed in dark (in fear of waking my wife :p), I know which drawers and areas of drawers and where in the closet everything I need is located. I can tell if someone has been in a particular room or touched something because it's not exactly how I had placed it (I've caught roommates, friends, my own parents TRYING to lie to me about something haha)

That being said, as far as I can remember I've only lost 2 things in my life...a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of nail clippers :p

But, I'm always scared of losing a knife, especially at work. I'm all over this place, riding and driving all sorts of equipment. I have this sick feeling one day I'm going to lose a favorite knife of mine and I already know how terrible that would feel! So I feel for anybody that loses a knife of theirs, and am elated to read when someone finds their knife :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
foofie

Post by foofie »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:45 pm
I had on a pair of shorts that are notorious for things falling out of the pockets.
I don’t understand this story. Why do you still have those shorts??!! :D
I think they need to be turned into rags scraps to wash the car. Or maybe it would be karma to tear them up and turn them into micarta for new knife scales?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

toocool006 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:25 am
[...] Luckily I always find them, but some have gone missing for weeks or months at a time until I find it in a random box or wherever.
I dearly hope this is the case for my beloved and mia native 5 smooth cruwear. It was literally clipped in my pocket as I was packing up the car for a weekend camping trip with the family back in January, and when I went to drive away it was no longer in pocket. I grabbed my native salt for weekend, but the cruwear has yet to resurface. I'm hoping I used it and just put it down in a very unusual spot and had a brain malfunction, and it will turn up in spring cleaning soon ::fingers crossed::
It is probably in the trunk of your car, either wedged between the liner and the tail lights, or under the spare tire.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 pm
It is probably in the trunk of your car, either wedged between the liner and the tail lights, or under the spare tire.

I went back and gave that area a triple-quadruple check on your good suggestion, but no luck. However, when I was going to bed last night, what did I find but my beloved native laying on my pillow! My wife (who had been aware of this loss and how it had been bugging me) spotted it jammed in the back of our shoe rack - I must have set it down when lacing up my boots and forgotten, knocked it back there, and the rest is history. But I have a huge smile on my face, all's well that ends well, etc etc.
~andrew
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

toocool006 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:39 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 pm

I went back and gave that area a triple-quadruple check on your good suggestion, but no luck. However, when I was going to bed last night, what did I find but my beloved native laying on my pillow! My wife (who had been aware of this loss and how it had been bugging me) spotted it jammed in the back of our shoe rack - I must have set it down when lacing up my boots and forgotten, knocked it back there, and the rest is history. But I have a huge smile on my face, all's well that ends well, etc etc.
Fantastic! I am glad she found it. Good for her and happy for you.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050