Crucarta Para3 anyone ?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Crucarta Para3 anyone ?!

Post by elena86 »

This deserves a special thread. Just imagine a burgundy micarta Para3 in Cruwear. Heavy skeletonized liners of course. Classy and eye candy in the same time :eek: What say you ?!
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
JMM

Re: Crucarta Para3

Post by JMM »

I have a hard time believing that given the popularity of all things CruCarta that we won't see a Para3 version at some point, as a dealer Exclusive, a Sprint, or even a regular production model like the new PM2 version... I'm a fan of most colours of Micarta, as long as the quality and texture of the micarta scales is on point the colour is really not that big a deal to me, although I know a bunch of folks don't feel that way. :)

Cheers,

John
Matus

Re: Crucarta Para3 anyone ?!

Post by Matus »

Similarly to JMM I expect the upcoming PM2 to be a success and to be followed by a Para 3 in similar materials. Serial model, that is.

I can also well imagine that Shaman loving folks will also be upping the pressure for a regular Shaman in some tougher tool steel and micarta to come out. It all takes time, but I would expect that it will happen eventually.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

No thanks, more than enough Para 3's out there. How about just about ANYTHING...but another Para 3, with that configuration? :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kobold

Post by kobold »

No matter the steel or handle material, I am not buying another Para 3. Not even anything else with a compression lock for that matter. It's like a double no from me. :)

But I feel the Native is pretty neglected. Micarta with steel liners. Mmmm...
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:01 am
No thanks, more than enough Para 3's out there. How about just about ANYTHING...but another Para 3, with that configuration? :)
So it's ok to do the PM2 but not the Para 3? I already have a REX-Carta (actually TeroTuff) Para 3 but I don't see why the P3 fans shouldn't be able to participate in the current craze
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:36 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
So it's ok to do the PM2 but not the Para 3? I already have a REX-Carta (actually TeroTuff) Para 3 but I don't see why the P3 fans shouldn't be able to participate in the current craze
I'm just thinking that I haven't had a new Spyderco since my K390 Endela, and don't see anything coming in the near future that interests me. I've been looking at a lot of knives that aren't Spyderco the past few months. I would like this configuration in a model that doesn't get as much attention! I miss opening that red/black knife box for something new!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:43 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I'm just thinking that I haven't had a new Spyderco since my K390 Endela, and don't see anything coming in the near future that interests me. I've been looking at a lot of knives that aren't Spyderco the past few months. I would like this configuration in a model that doesn't get as much attention! I miss opening that red/black knife box for something new!
I definitely think a Crucarta para3 would be a hit for Spyderco, and it's probably already in the works. But I'm with Rick that I'd like to see more new models coming out in this configuration, or even just in micarta. The SpyOpera came stock with beautiful micarta, for example. More of that on new models would make me a happy gal.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Matus

Post by Matus »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I absolutely understand your perspective as a collector. However as a user tha is looking for that one Para3 in a robust tool steel, then you can only way to get one is overpriced off the secondary market. So I actually think that Spyderco should add one to their standard line and go on they marry-Sprintrun-way with whatever models and features collectors are looking for.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

I know people that have been around for a while don’t want another para 3. But there are people that are new to Spyderco that never knew about past sprints and exclusives. Why should their only option be to pay ridiculous prices on the secondary market. The para 3 is one of Spyderco’s most popular models so I hope they have a production cruwear just like the PM2.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
jdw

Post by jdw »

For my vote the world doesn't need another variation of the Para 3. It's a regular production model if people really want to try one and I would rather see that production capacity busy with a variant of almost anything else.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I definitely think a Crucarta para3 would be a hit for Spyderco, and it's probably already in the works. But I'm with Rick that I'd like to see more new models coming out in this configuration, or even just in micarta. The SpyOpera came stock with beautiful micarta, for example. More of that on new models would make me a happy gal.
I'm actually with both of you. I have 5 G10 Para 3s and 3 LWs. So I'm pretty well set for that model. I was just thinking about the other Para 3 fans. For those of us waiting to see the Micarta treatment on something different I'd be willing to bet it's just a matter of time
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Henry_P wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 am
I know people that have been around for a while don’t want another para 3. But there are people that are new to Spyderco that never knew about past sprints and exclusives. Why should their only option be to pay ridiculous prices on the secondary market. The para 3 is one of Spyderco’s most popular models so I hope they have a production cruwear just like the PM2.

First and foremost: I totally grant everyone who wants one a Crucarta Para 3 of course! :)

That being said just some thoughts:

Yes, the Para 3 is very popular! Like in: Many do like it indeed.
But I have the impression it is also a pretty controversial model: Like in: Probably not the Spydie most could "agree on. Many do like it, but those who don´t really do not want one (and not even MORE versions)
Also, there have been so many Para 3 variants that I am not entirely sure if it is not a bit of a "chicken and egg" thing: Are there so many variant in such a short time cause the Para 3 is so popular, or is it (partly) so popular cause it got so many variants?!

Anyway, from a business point of view (and of course that is important for Spyderco, and rightfully so!) a Crucarta Para 3 makes total sense, since still many will buy it, despite some are perhaps a bit fed up with the Para 3 dominance.
I personally can´t deny that I´d like to see Crucarta (and for me more the "-carta" than the "Cru" ;) ) in another model.
Perhaps the Sage 5 , if it has to be a Para 3 sized comp.lock knife. I think the Sage 5 is a model MORE people could agree on, since it it just designed from scratch as a small folder and does not have the particular features of the Para 3 that perhaps do make the latter a kind of "controversial" model.
I do think the Para 3 is cool, but it would still most likely be my least choice among the Spydies in that size range.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Cruwear micarta Para 3? Yes please.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Though I’m not a Para 3 fan, I hope you get your wish.

On the other hand, I’m a huge fan of anything Burgundy. It it such a classy color, and used burgundy micarta looks incredible!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I assembled my own using scales from RTG on one of my Cruwear PM3s. It certainly is easier than the mad scramble a sprint run would entail.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Not really a Para 3 fan, but I'm sure it would sell like hotcakes just like most of the popular Golden and Seki models. Pretty simple solution to that..(check my signature!)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:23 am
This deserves a special thread. Just imagine a olive green micarta Para3 in Cruwear. Heavy skeletonized liners of course. Classy and eye candy in the same time :eek: What say you ?!
I couldn't agree more Elena! :D
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

Yes please, I would be down for this combo
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
Ric

Post by Ric »

Yes please - but make it available everywhere.
The last exclusives was US only :(