Are Military's done?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
amateur blacksmith

Are Military's done?

Post by amateur blacksmith »

On 2 sites I've looked on all variants of the military are out of stock.

Is this the end of the Military?
soc_monki

Re: Are Military's done?

Post by soc_monki »

No. Spyderco is just backed up right now.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

"End of the Military" would be a sad day indeed... don´t have one at the moment, but it is such a great, iconic model.
Plus, as I don´t hesitate to repeat: It is one of the view higher end Spydies that features a linerlock (and a perfect one!) - which is really great, safe and comfortable for outdoor use.
And I also don´t hesitate to repeat how glad I about Sals confirmation that the linerlock Millie will remain in production even if a comp.lock Millie too will come to life! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
brj

Post by brj »

Hopefully we'll see new variants of the Millie instead of witnessing it's demise. Looking forward to the comp lock although I dearly love my liner lock Millies. All 25 of them ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

brj wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 am
Hopefully we'll see new variants of the Millie instead of witnessing it's demise. Looking forward to the comp lock although I dearly love my liner lock Millies. All 25 of them ;)

Yep, if the lnerlock Millie AND a future comp.lock Millie will both remain in the line up permanently this would be great! :)

For me personally the comp. lock is the least of the four or five main Spyderco locktypes I´d want in a knife like the Military, and I think the linerlock suits it perfectly well.
But I know and respect how many love the comp. lock in most types of knives, and so if all could be happy I´d like that. :)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I sure hope not. Even though I mostly carry a Caribbean these days, the Military is still easily my 2nd favorite folder overall. I go off on other models for a while but the Military is really my one true love.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

The Military is still my go to large folder. I hope we will see a cruwear micarta version to join the PM2 brother soon!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
archangel

Post by archangel »

Pages 54-57 of the 2021 product catalogue. :) Anything that is in there is real. ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Done with ?! This is what I call a blasphemy :eek: I am waiting for another Cruwear sprint. Or AEB-L. Or SRS15. Or...whatever.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 am
Done with ?! This is what I call a blasphemy :eek: I am waiting for another Cruwear sprint. Or AEB-L. Or SRS15. Or...whatever.

Same here. I would love one in AEB-L, Cruwear, 3V, or 4V. Micarta would make it even better. I think a 4V has been requested, but there could be a handful of other models before that so it may be 2022 before we see it.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jdw

Post by jdw »

I surely hope not. I am not really up for a compression lock Military but I would buy another liner lock version in almost any steel offered.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
dan31

Post by dan31 »

The Native Chief has has a few sprints so Spyderco is still interested in larger blades. The Military will get some attention after they get through the back log.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:10 am
The Military is still my go to large folder. I hope we will see a cruwear micarta version to join the PM2 brother soon!
+1!!!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I sure don’t sense the Military Model is becoming a thing of the past.

If it’s the model you want, and you aren’t currently finding it readily available, don’t turn your back on the secondary market.

Yes, it is a market where you must take chances, but the risk/reward proposition can be made favorable through research.

I recently acquired a 2008 S90V version and a 2013 Cruwear one, each unused.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I need a salt version with lc200n that will also double as my pocket paring knife. PS, the tanto millie will be rad.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

A Micarta Millie would be great, but I don´t think they´ll ever make one: Even the PM2 had to go from nested to full liners with Micarta for increased structural stability, and the Millie really does not have too much of a liner anyway..
kobold

Post by kobold »

15V is in the works.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
vivi

Post by vivi »

Looking forward to new sprints of this model.
:unicorn
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

kobold wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:34 pm
15V is in the works.
You had me at 15V... :eek:
AND military :D
Take my money!!!!!
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
James Y

Post by James Y »

‘Out of stock’ usually just means currently sold out. That could be a good thing, because it means there is a demand for them.

The Military isn’t going away anytime soon (IMO).

Jim