It's That Time, Again...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bobnikon

Re: It's That Time, Again...

Post by bobnikon »

Happy Birthday!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:49 am
Okay. The winner has been chosen!

But, first...

Let me say thank you for the laughs, I really appreciate it. There were a few zingers in there.

However, this year you all got blown away by my daughter's scavenger hunt.

She started off by calling me a "doof nugget" in the first clue and proceeded to send me on an awful quest to find my present.

One clue was inside of a jar of jelly(I hate sticky hands.) and then the next clue was in the dog food...... So, now I have sticky hands, battered with dog food dust...

After about 20 minutes of torturing me with similarly irksome clues, I finally found a handmade birthday card... addressed to mommy...

...with NO MONEY IN IT?!

I said, "where's the money, kid?", because cards come with money, in this family.

She immediately smiled, pulled a nickel from her pocket and handed it to me...

I lost it! I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time and have never had such an elaborate birthday activity(prank?).

To recap: I was insulted, tarred/feathered, forced to go to horrible lengths to find clues, some of which, were quite unpleasant and well thought out. Then, after all that, my reward? A birthday card, referring to me as "mommy" and a Nickel!

Not even a shiny, new one. An old, dingy nickel.

Her birthday isn't too far off... ;) :p

Anyways, back to the announcement.

Hand picked...

By a random name picker on the internet...

The winner issss.....

🥳Woodpuppy!!!🥳

Just PM me and I'll get it heading your way.

Thanks again, everyone. Had a wonderful birthday, that I am still recovering from.

:eek: Holy cow! My girls will be thrilled, that was their pterodactyl joke! :cool:

Sounds like you had yourself a great birthday courtesy of quite the little imp :D
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Okay. The winner has been chosen!

But, first...

Let me say thank you for the laughs, I really appreciate it. There were a few zingers in there.

However, this year you all got blown away by my daughter's scavenger hunt.

She started off by calling me a "doof nugget" in the first clue and proceeded to send me on an awful quest to find my present.

One clue was inside of a jar of jelly(I hate sticky hands.) and then the next clue was in the dog food...... So, now I have sticky hands, battered with dog food dust...

After about 20 minutes of torturing me with similarly irksome clues, I finally found a handmade birthday card... addressed to mommy...

...with NO MONEY IN IT?!

I said, "where's the money, kid?", because cards come with money, in this family.

She immediately smiled, pulled a nickel from her pocket and handed it to me...

I lost it! I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time and have never had such an elaborate birthday activity(prank?).

To recap: I was insulted, tarred/feathered, forced to go to horrible lengths to find clues, some of which, were quite unpleasant and well thought out. Then, after all that, my reward? A birthday card, referring to me as "mommy" and a Nickel!

Not even a shiny, new one. An old, dingy nickel.

Her birthday isn't too far off... ;) :p

Anyways, back to the announcement.

Hand picked...

By a random name picker on the internet...

The winner issss.....

🥳Woodpuppy!!!🥳

Just PM me and I'll get it heading your way.

Thanks again, everyone. Had a wonderful birthday, that I am still recovering from.
That is so amazing! My husband would be so proud if his daughter did that - he is a huge fan of inane, drawn out, nonsensical practical jokes that only he thinks are funny. :p :D
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Congrats Woodpuppy! And thank you SDG for the giveaway. I got a lot of good laughs out of this thread too. :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That was quite prank she put you through! I also got a kick out of that. Glad you had a great birthday! When I first read about the card with "mommy"...my gullible a$$ thought you were a woman, which really confused me considering your username haha!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

My grand-daughter came today and sprung this on me.

What has two butts and kills ?
An assassin.

Enjoyed the contest. Happy Daylight Saving everyone !
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:50 pm
My grand-daughter came today and sprung this on me.

What has two butts and kills ?
An assassin.

Enjoyed the contest. Happy Daylight Saving everyone !
That’s too funny! I’m gonna spread that :D
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm
That was quite prank she put you through! I also got a kick out of that. Glad you had a great birthday! When I first read about the card with "mommy"...my gullible a$$ thought you were a woman, which really confused me considering your username haha!
Haha, no. But, the pandemic has made me assume the role of one. If one good thing comes out of it, it will be the vast amount of time I've been able to spend with my kiddo. She sure is a pain... :p :D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:32 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:19 pm
Haha, no. But, the pandemic has made me assume the role of one. If one good thing comes out of it, it will be the vast amount of time I've been able to spend with my kiddo. She sure is a pain... :p :D
We have a 9 year old daughter (I'm step dad, but been in her life since she was a little over a year old, so I'm also "dad") and I was on vacation from work last week just for some time off and get a few projects done around the house. My wife has been working from home for a year now this month. The kid has been out of school, or just recently only going back on Thursdays and Fridays.

Just being home this past week, I have a new found respect for my wife haha! Dealing with a crazy kid, on top of trying to do her own work and play teacher to the kid on the days she's not in school all at the same time! No wonder her wine consumption at night has increased :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
That is so amazing! My husband would be so proud if his daughter did that - he is a huge fan of inane, drawn out, nonsensical practical jokes that only he thinks are funny. :p :D

You seem to be pretty sure he is not on this forum with a very secret user name... :rolleyes: :p

/ Congrats, Woodpuppy, and thanx for the give away SDG! :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

There were some cows playing poker while smoking weed. It was high steaks.
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 am
/ Congrats, Woodpuppy, and thanx for the give away SDG! :)

^ What he said. ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Congrats Woodpuppy! Thank you for the chance Sumdumguy, it was a very nice gesture. And thanks everyone for the laughs! :)